Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

TST Integrated Tail Light UK

6K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Burnsey_100 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Link to the item in question below

https://tstindustries.com/TST-LED-In-Tail-Integrated-Tail-Light-CBR600RR-2007-2012.html

I'm new to the site and forum's so if this is somewhere else or in the wrong area please point me in the right direction.

I have a question about the TST Integrated Tail light, all questions based on the UK.

After watching the video on how to install I'm happy enough that even with my limited knowledge that I could install it.

Question 1
It shows plug and play for the North America bikes how would this work with UK bikes, I believe we have 4 pins not 2 when connecting the electrics, does anyone know the extra steps for us to install and if they can be carried out with little knowledge.

Question 2
Are they legal or more importantly will the bike fail an MOT due to this set up. Last thing I want to do is change this over ever 12 months for the MOT and then change back.

All info is much appreciated.

Regards

Don

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
I've always been of the opinion that this would fail the MOT, but i'm not entirely sure why.
I believe something due to the indicators and rear light needing to be separate and not so close together?

Work's quiet, so i Googled....

Check out this MOT check guide. Section 1 is on lights.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa.../585845/mot-inspection-manual-classes-1-2.pdf

By my interpretation of the guide, I think it could fail on:
- the rear position lamp showing a light other than RED to the rear.
- the illumination of the stop lamp being affected by the operation of another lamp.

But why not go to your usual MOT garage, ask the bike guy for a spare minute and show him the link video. Ask if the light would pass.
Can't get any more of a black or white answer than asking the tester directly.

#5 ·
Not sure regarding MOT, however I know here in Australia the indicators have to be minimum 180mm apart I believe from brake light. Integrated is illegal here.

#6 ·
I've had an integrated tail light for 2 years now (i.e. two mots) and the first year it whizzed straight through, whereas this year the guy was a right bitch about it and he made a point of fitting some normal aftermarket indicators before he put it through ?

So TECHNICALLY, no they're not legal, but I've never had any problems with the law regarding mine.

Regarding plug and play, mine's not a TST one, but mine came with plugs on all the ends that required them, but they didn't fit the plugs on the bike, so I had to put some crimps on mine. I can send you a picture of how mine's wired up if you like, but it's pretty self explanatory.

Hope that helps!

And I'm in the UK, Bournemouth.

#8 ·
I bought straight from Tripage and TST.

If you can wait a little longer, I'll be selling an IT (either Tripage or TST) I ordered one myself from Tripage, and in the meantime, my wife ordered me one from TST as a present. :p
I'm in Belgium, and since you guys are still in the EU (for now), shipping should be cheap

#10 ·
Let me know a price Nuithari, I could be interested. I'm off to the Nurburgring soon so I could drop it on the way ;)

Thanks for the info 08rrJunkie, just passed mot, but if required I would swap the standard unit back.

If I ordered one from TST, Would I have to pay import tax? And does it take a while to get here from the States.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.