Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

LED switchbacks on retrofit headlights

981 views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  Lyoha 
#1 ·
I installed some drls inside the headlight while I was putting in some projectors. I am all done but once i wire the switchbacks to the turn signal lights the turn signals dim down as in the wires can not take sending the power to both turn signal lights. My question is there any way to solve this? Maybe let more current pass by or wire it differently?

Thanks first time posting!
2008 honda cbr600rr

#3 ·
Thanks for replying back Lyoha. You thinj you can explain that to me a bit more. Like what do you mean i have them wired in a series? Maybe a link will help out better. Thanks again.:smile2:

Attachments

#5 ·
Oh well actually i just spliced through it which probably wasnt the best idea im guessing. So maybe the circuit is the best place? Follow the turn signals all the way back to the circuit would be the right way?

Again thanks

#6 · (Edited)
Take a look at the image below. Top is the two components separately. The DRL LED strip probably has just two leads - one for the power (+) and another for ground (-). The turn signals with running lights have three leads - one for running (+), one for turn (+) and another for the common ground (-). The colors are probably not representative of what you have but I'm only trying to pass along the idea. What I imagine you did is the middle setup where you simply spliced the (+) and (-) of the DRL LED into a single power wire to the running light of the turn signal. This will make both dimmer. What you should do is the last setup and tap the DRL (+) into the running (+) wire for the signal and DRL (-) into the turn signal ground (-). This will let them both operate at full brightness.

#7 ·
Wow huge help! Thank you so much they work just fine now??

Ill post pics up once i am completely done cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.