same old exhaust battle off. - 600RR.net
07-13 RR Modifications Modifications to the '07- to 013 600RR

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 02:18 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
same old exhaust battle off.

Before you guys start shooting at me saying that it's up to my preference, what i like and all, I get it already. However, I am here to ask for opinions and reviews from you guys and I really appreciate all your feedbacks.

So the question is, I am looking for a slip on exhaust for my '12 CBR600RR, and after hearing the sounds on YT, i decided to choose the Two Brothers Black Series Carbon slip on. I love the growl it makes as compared to Yoshi and Akra slip on (which to me, sounds like stock, doesn't have that low growl to it). I told myself that I do not want the Toce because it is too loud, but after hearing it again, the Toce has a low growl to it but its loud.

I would want to get any feedback from you guys those who are running the Two Brothers or the Toce. Any pros and cons in either?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 04:21 AM
Knee Dragger

Have you watched the in depth TST youtube video comparing the various cbr600 slip ons?Something to add is that the 2 brothers has a noise reduction insert available and can be cut down in length if you don't like it sticking out the back too much.The 2 brothers black carbon fibre slip on feels really lightweight.I don't know anything about the Toce except it's the loudest.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 04:31 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus7 View Post
Have you watched the in depth TST youtube video comparing the various cbr600 slip ons?Something to add is that the 2 brothers has a noise reduction insert available and can be cut down in length if you don't like it sticking out the back too much.The 2 brothers black carbon fibre slip on feels really lightweight.I don't know anything about the Toce except it's the loudest.
yup I have, part 1 and part 2. Thats why i said the akrapovic sounds like stock and the db is like stock at 83.5. Toce is the loudest in that comparison. Do they give the noise reduction insert when you buy the two brothers exhaust? I am not sure if I am going to cut down the length as I am afraid I might screw it up. But I see ppl cut 2 inch down. If I were to cut, I would just cut probably 1.5inch or 1 inch. 2 inch seems too flushed imo.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 04:40 AM
Knee Dragger

I remember emailing 2 brothers to ask the db reduction on the insert.They did reply but I forgot what they told me.There is a walkthrough instructions on cutting down the 2 brothers carbon fibre on the forum should you go that way.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 04:42 AM
Knee Dragger

The db reduction insert does not come with it.It's available seperately.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 04:44 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
I remember emailing 2 brothers to ask the db reduction on the insert.They did reply but I forgot what they told me.There is a walkthrough instructions on cutting down the 2 brothers carbon fibre on the forum should you go that way.
Quote:
The db reduction insert does not come with it.It's available seperately.
Okay. Thank you for your input on this. What exhaust are you running?
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 08:14 AM
Knee Dragger

No problem.I have a 2013.It came with the 2 brothers black series carbon fibre.But,I like the large size mufflers and not in black.I was able to get a used,stainless Yoshimura cheap so I got that,cut off 2 inches and installed it.On the 2013 and up bikes I would say I'm an expert on the 2 brothers and yoshimura exhausts as I spent the winter in the basement swapping both on and off to see what looked,or could look best for me.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
No problem.I have a 2013.It came with the 2 brothers black series carbon fibre.But,I like the large size mufflers and not in black.I was able to get a used,stainless Yoshimura cheap so I got that,cut off 2 inches and installed it.On the 2013 and up bikes I would say I'm an expert on the 2 brothers and yoshimura exhausts as I spent the winter in the basement swapping both on and off to see what looked,or could look best for me.
oh sweet, did you like the sound of the two brothers compared to the yoshimura now?
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 12:28 PM
Pocketbike Racer

my bike came with a carbon black serious TB slip on. I agree with you on the low growl sound it puts off. I also shortened mine 1 3/4", but also installed a Yoshi header at the same time. it was much louder and did alter the over sound. I cant even really remember what was different about it because its been a while and I cant say which modification had more of an influence (assuming it was the shortening of the can). I have a start up/idle video and a revving video of it that I posted on my IG for someone else if you want you can check it out. my user name there is john_600rr
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 02:14 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Garage
a 2 bros came with mine and i like it . but personally if i were to actually buy and install one id probably get a tocce . i also wouldnt get a slip on, id defiantly get a full system.

Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 07:09 PM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman9 View Post
oh sweet, did you like the sound of the two brothers compared to the yoshimura now?
Both sounded fine to me.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikelife38 View Post
my bike came with a carbon black serious TB slip on. I agree with you on the low growl sound it puts off. I also shortened mine 1 3/4", but also installed a Yoshi header at the same time. it was much louder and did alter the over sound. I cant even really remember what was different about it because its been a while and I cant say which modification had more of an influence (assuming it was the shortening of the can). I have a start up/idle video and a revving video of it that I posted on my IG for someone else if you want you can check it out. my user name there is john_600rr
ahhh. didnt know they have a Yoshi header. I keep seeing Arrow header only. okay. I probably will go for 2 bros because of the price and it sounds good. thanks so much for your input!
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by elpeligroso View Post
a 2 bros came with mine and i like it . but personally if i were to actually buy and install one id probably get a tocce . i also wouldnt get a slip on, id defiantly get a full system.
its so hard to find any good brand exhaust in my country. Given that everyone just get those replicas. thanks for your input!
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 11:20 PM
Knee Dragger

Garage
I like the Toce I installed. Is it loud? Yes. Is it horrible? With the stock cat and exhaust servo, no. I have not removed those systems yet but I can only imagine how loud it would be without it.

My only complaint is at 65-80 in 6th it has a horrible droning noise... Down shift to 5th or go faster and its gone.

Feel free to check out my youtube for my sound clips and install. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvm...atZWUG143HAFqw Look under "Mistress Makeover". Ill be adding more vids in the following week. Work has just been killing me lately....

Last edited by OneEyedGimpyGuy; 04-17-2017 at 11:28 PM.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneEyedGimpyGuy View Post
I like the Toce I installed. Is it loud? Yes. Is it horrible? With the stock cat and exhaust servo, no. I have not removed those systems yet but I can only imagine how loud it would be without it.

My only complaint is at 65-80 in 6th it has a horrible droning noise... Down shift to 5th or go faster and its gone.

Feel free to check out my youtube for my sound clips and install. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvm...atZWUG143HAFqw Look under "Mistress Makeover". Ill be adding more vids in the following week. Work has just been killing me lately....
ahh yes. totally forgot about that droning noise while cruising at a certain speed. okay i will check it out. thanks so much!
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 10:38 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman9 View Post
ahh yes. totally forgot about that droning noise while cruising at a certain speed. okay i will check it out. thanks so much!
Yeah I'll throw in here as well, I have a Toce slip-on +mid pipe.
Where I notice it being the loudest is actually when I'm at really low rpms trying not to be obnoxious. Below 3k rpm it rumbles and spits and sounds amazing, but it's definitely noticeably louder than the average m/c exhaust. It's not Harley levels of obnoxious, not even close. It turns heads, but usually for nods from fellow fans of things with rubber wheels and motors. I ride through some towns that constantly pull my car over for tinted front windows, towns that really stick to the whole QOL violations. They haven't pulled me over yet on the Bike.

When you do run it out on some back roads, it's mildly louder once above the 5krpm range. I'm newer to riding so I'm not hitting above 12krpms, but the tone, pitch, and general volume seems pretty even above 5k rpm.

Edit: But it does "drone" at highway speeds, 70-80mph. Well above that too but not as bad, kind of cuts out near 90.

Last edited by McFuu; 04-20-2017 at 10:40 PM.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
Yeah I'll throw in here as well, I have a Toce slip-on +mid pipe.
Where I notice it being the loudest is actually when I'm at really low rpms trying not to be obnoxious. Below 3k rpm it rumbles and spits and sounds amazing, but it's definitely noticeably louder than the average m/c exhaust. It's not Harley levels of obnoxious, not even close. It turns heads, but usually for nods from fellow fans of things with rubber wheels and motors. I ride through some towns that constantly pull my car over for tinted front windows, towns that really stick to the whole QOL violations. They haven't pulled me over yet on the Bike.

When you do run it out on some back roads, it's mildly louder once above the 5krpm range. I'm newer to riding so I'm not hitting above 12krpms, but the tone, pitch, and general volume seems pretty even above 5k rpm.

Edit: But it does "drone" at highway speeds, 70-80mph. Well above that too but not as bad, kind of cuts out near 90.
sweet. thanks for your input, appreciate it! I use my bike everyday to commute and I dont go pass 10krpm anyways. haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page