Ok, I have read a few things on here in regard to fitment, ppl scared of the soap and water way, how to reduce air bubbles etc.
So here is a easy guide with proven working ability, and tips i wish i had :icon_lol:
1) Get your bike out in the sun, warm that tank area up one way or other (heat gun)
2) Clean the tank area with some cleaner / alcohol / whatever you have to get rid of the dirt/grease built in, unless like me you have fresh fairings where soapy water was enough.
3) get a few drops of detergent / soap into a bottle fill with water shake about or no spray just get a bowl with some soapy water as above.
4) Get 1 stomp grip ready by peeling it back, this was more difficult then you may think, as you dont want to get your fingerprints on it, as this may / will show later on with the install. So spray the parting area (grip/waste paper) and you can touch it now as its slippery and not sticking. The amount of water on it doesnt really matter, so dont stress.
BUT CAREFUL... HAVE A CLEAN AREA WIND FREE AS CRAP MAY FLY ONTO YOUR STICKY PAD AND NOT LOOK PRETTY ON YOUR TANK and getting rid of it may become a PIA and noticeable later on the tank.
5) Now apply to the tank, squeeze out as much water / air as possible (spend a few minutes) and place where you want to have it.
6) Now respray the other side of the tank as no doubt its dry by now, same process as the other one and have it aligned as the other
7) Now that they are both on, go to the one thats been on there the longest and press out any air / water still trapped, now repeat other side.
8) I only had very light bubbled area that i put down to still moisture, i just left it in the sun further to heat it right up, as when i came back to it later, i just kept pressing it to the tank and finally is stuck.
9) Use a heat gun / hair dryer if you can to really heat it up, as the glue works best with heat. Do this for about 5-10min each side to get it really going,
Careful not to MELT / BURN the Grip nor damage your bike, if you cant touch it, then its too HOT
Next Sit and Enjoy, It can take a few days to adhere properly as stated on the directions..But all and all Great Product..
Ohlins- Fork Springs, Shock, S.D, UES Kit 20mm, PCIII, Velocity Stack mod, RS-5 C.F Yoshi, Dynoed, K&N Air Filter, Cox Radiator Guard, Powers Race Railz mod, MOTY Battery, Pazzo Levers, Harris Grips, Stomp Grips, Ram mounting, Custom Fairings, Custom led gauges, C.F -Hugger-Sprocket cover,Exhaust,Heel, Chain, Engine,& clutch guards. Trippage led pegs, 520 Conv, -1 +2 Superlight Sprocket, Comp werkes FE, Dunlop Q2's, EBC Kevlar Heavy Duty Clutch/Springs, Vesrah RJL Pads,Braided brake lines