PaulKbt asked me how I fitted a headlight on my race fairing. He thought that the information I gave him was good so I thought of sharing it with everyone.
1. Took measurements at different points between the stock plastic and the headlight.
2. Created a paper trace out of the headlight and outlined that on the race fairing.
3. Proceeded to cutting out maybe 80% of the actual size of the headlight.
4. Installed the headlight on the bike
using only 2 bolts at the top. The bottom part will just be supported by the fairing once installed.
5. Installed the upper and lower fairings. Initially, the fit will be tight because the headlight won't go through the fairing yet.
6. Traced all-around the inside of the fairing cutout, marking the headlight. Used a pencil. A temporary marker will work as well.
7. Unbolted the fairing and partially pulled it away from the headlight.
8. From the markings on the headlight, carefully measured how much more fairing to cutout and transferred those measurements onto the fairing.
9. Proceeded to cutting the fairing.
10. Repeated steps 5 thru 9 until there was enough opening for the headlight to get thru.
* I used a dremel tool for this job.
* I recommend installing both upper and lower fairings so everything lines up for step 6.