Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

MOTYDESIGN Light weight Battery

31K views 127 replies 49 participants last post by  Moeman 
#1 · (Edited)
Let me start by saying Brian (BrowningBuck ) is really great to deal with his customer service is top notch :banger:, his products regardless of being the MotyDesign lightweight battery or the MotyDesign Cluster led upgrade / Gear indicator are Brillaint & top notch :shakehand , shipping with US postal service is fast you will get your oder within 4 to 5 days of your order tracking numbers will be provided as well just ask :cruising: he will gladly provide such info :thumbup:

I recently received my MotyDesign Lightweight battery and boy OH boy was i impressed talking about lightweight , size , asm , design , how easy it is to install. The package came complete with evreything needed even the heat shrink wrap was there and a huge portion of it too not just a piece to barely secure the ends of the wirings connections like other companies out there that give you so limited supply of what is needed to do the job right :spank: even though you pay top dollar for their product :cursin: this simply tells us all that he really cares and is dedicated to offer top notch product & being an RR addict like most of us who loves his bikes and uses nothing but the best parts customer service and a brilliant working product is what he strives for

Brian thank you so much look forward to another review when i get my cluster today or tomorrow i can not wait :rocker:

Here is a picture of the battery installed on Miss O'Seven yes folks i did shrink the heat shrink
after i took the picture

See less See more
#125 ·
Does anyone know how to recharge one of his batteries if it was left connected to the bike? My roommate borrowed my bike while his was in the shop, (he's a MSF instructor) and he forgot to disconnect the battery. I know it's ultimately my fault since it is my bike. My problem is that I've tried contacting them through their wensite, MOTYDESIGN.com and have received no response after a week. I have a charger similar to the one that they sell that is a balance charger, but I do not have the exact specs they recommend for charging. If anyone has this information or any way to contact Browningbuck that would be great. I never got an email when I bought the battery last year either yet it showed up at my house a little while later. Everyone touts the exemplary customer service yet I've seen none of it. Could part of it be that he no longer wants to support his products?

#126 · (Edited)
Just an fyi Brian sold his company a while back i am not really sure who or how to contact the new ownerfound this contact info off the moty website

CONTACT US
To reach us, you may use the convenient contact form below, or email us at ryan@motydesign.com Or call 714-975-1811

#127 ·
I did finally get through to them. I was unaware that he sold the company but that would explain a lot about the last two transactions I've had there. I had no issues with contact way back when I had my gauges done. Thank you for the update anyway. Also I believe I may have found a way to rebuild the battery with buying some new cells to replace the ones that dropped too low. It should come out about half the cost of replacing the battery.

#128 ·
That is great news keep us updated on the battery rebiuld process , source of parts , cost and install steps :shakehand

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.