MOTYDESIGN Light weight Battery - Page 5 - 600RR.net
600rr.net Product Reviews Use this section to provide a detailed review of new products.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 128 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 02:32 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If my battery is pooched after winter storage ill be getting you to ship one of the 8c up to BC Canada.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 128 (permalink) Old 03-07-2013, 01:21 AM
BOTM Winner 1/13

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Can we get an update ?
All u owner, how's your battery holding up so far ?

My Ride Report :

-Alaska,The Last Frontier

-
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash a-ron View Post

"To travel by motorcycle there are 3 things- youth, time, and money. You only get 2. Pick wisely."
post #123 of 128 (permalink) Old 07-31-2014, 10:25 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I know this thread is old, but my update is that my 8 cell is still going strong 3 full seasons later. My favorite thing is my bike starting with no problems after winter storage.
The Following User Says Thank You to jtmoney For This Useful Post:
Moeman (08-01-2014)
post #124 of 128 (permalink) Old 08-01-2014, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
**Miss O'Seven BOTY 2011**----- Triumph for Tarek

Thanked 2,366 Times in 2,009 Posts
Feedback Score: 146 reviews
Mine is still going stong my 675R loves it

Honrary Chairman

Memories of a man in his old age are the deeds of a man in his prime
Love is blind so don't sell your soul or mortgage your heart to a stranger
post #125 of 128 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 12:04 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Does anyone know how to recharge one of his batteries if it was left connected to the bike? My roommate borrowed my bike while his was in the shop, (he's a MSF instructor) and he forgot to disconnect the battery. I know it's ultimately my fault since it is my bike. My problem is that I've tried contacting them through their wensite, MOTYDESIGN.com and have received no response after a week. I have a charger similar to the one that they sell that is a balance charger, but I do not have the exact specs they recommend for charging. If anyone has this information or any way to contact Browningbuck that would be great. I never got an email when I bought the battery last year either yet it showed up at my house a little while later. Everyone touts the exemplary customer service yet I've seen none of it. Could part of it be that he no longer wants to support his products?
post #126 of 128 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 01:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedj18 View Post
Does anyone know how to recharge one of his batteries if it was left connected to the bike? My roommate borrowed my bike while his was in the shop, (he's a MSF instructor) and he forgot to disconnect the battery. I know it's ultimately my fault since it is my bike. My problem is that I've tried contacting them through their wensite, MOTYDESIGN.com and have received no response after a week. I have a charger similar to the one that they sell that is a balance charger, but I do not have the exact specs they recommend for charging. If anyone has this information or any way to contact Browningbuck that would be great. I never got an email when I bought the battery last year either yet it showed up at my house a little while later. Everyone touts the exemplary customer service yet I've seen none of it. Could part of it be that he no longer wants to support his products?
Just an fyi Brian sold his company a while back i am not really sure who or how to contact the new ownerfound this contact info off the moty website

CONTACT US
To reach us, you may use the convenient contact form below, or email us at ryan@motydesign.com Or call 714-975-1811

Honrary Chairman

Last edited by Moeman; 01-13-2015 at 01:11 AM.
post #127 of 128 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 10:50 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I did finally get through to them. I was unaware that he sold the company but that would explain a lot about the last two transactions I've had there. I had no issues with contact way back when I had my gauges done. Thank you for the update anyway. Also I believe I may have found a way to rebuild the battery with buying some new cells to replace the ones that dropped too low. It should come out about half the cost of replacing the battery.
post #128 of 128 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedj18 View Post
I did finally get through to them. I was unaware that he sold the company but that would explain a lot about the last two transactions I've had there. I had no issues with contact way back when I had my gauges done. Thank you for the update anyway. Also I believe I may have found a way to rebuild the battery with buying some new cells to replace the ones that dropped too low. It should come out about half the cost of replacing the battery.
That is great news keep us updated on the battery rebiuld process , source of parts , cost and install steps

Honrary Chairman

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page