Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

MOTYDESIGN Light weight Battery

31K views 127 replies 49 participants last post by  Moeman 
#1 · (Edited)
Let me start by saying Brian (BrowningBuck ) is really great to deal with his customer service is top notch :banger:, his products regardless of being the MotyDesign lightweight battery or the MotyDesign Cluster led upgrade / Gear indicator are Brillaint & top notch :shakehand , shipping with US postal service is fast you will get your oder within 4 to 5 days of your order tracking numbers will be provided as well just ask :cruising: he will gladly provide such info :thumbup:

I recently received my MotyDesign Lightweight battery and boy OH boy was i impressed talking about lightweight , size , asm , design , how easy it is to install. The package came complete with evreything needed even the heat shrink wrap was there and a huge portion of it too not just a piece to barely secure the ends of the wirings connections like other companies out there that give you so limited supply of what is needed to do the job right :spank: even though you pay top dollar for their product :cursin: this simply tells us all that he really cares and is dedicated to offer top notch product & being an RR addict like most of us who loves his bikes and uses nothing but the best parts customer service and a brilliant working product is what he strives for

Brian thank you so much look forward to another review when i get my cluster today or tomorrow i can not wait :rocker:

Here is a picture of the battery installed on Miss O'Seven yes folks i did shrink the heat shrink
after i took the picture

See less See more
#3 ·
Thank you Moe! you are good man for putting up a review of the product. look forward to what you think of the cluster :)
Always my pleasure man :shakehand i am sure i will be loving it :love:

#4 ·
Received my 4 cell Motydesign battery today. It may have arrived yesterday, but I forgot to check the mailbox:drunk:Superfast shipping! Paid Monday nite, shipped Tuesday, arrived Thursday!

First off let me say this thing is TINY! The pics are great on the board here, but you don't realize how small this thing is until it's in your hand. It takes off 5lbs of your bike weight!:banger:

Installation took about 5 minutes, and a majority of that time was spent heating the huge pieces of shrink tube around the harness connections.

I do not have the recommended headlight delay yet, and this baby cranked right up with no hesitation...4 times in row, just to be sure!

:+1: for Motydesign (Brian). Top Notch service and product.
I recommend this battery!

#10 ·
yeah mykk, keep me in the loop on that, that was a LONG way, i want to make sure everything gets to you in good shape

#12 ·
eff... i am sorry man, i went there to get a refund... and i got the run around about the clause in there "ACT OF GOD" and i guess valcanos fall under that... so remeber to get valcano insurance if your home isnt covered under act of god (thinking of family guy where peter buys valcano insurance and everyone thought he was dumb.... look whos laughing now!!! heheh)

#13 ·
No problems BB, not like it's your fault and as you say, they cancelled the motogp aswell!! UK airports are all open for the time being - hopefully I get lucky!

Will keep you in the loop. Thanks again.

All - seriously, I have nothing but praise for BB. His customer service is second to none.

#14 ·
Airport is open i bet the Liverpool lads and their manager Rafa are happy they can head to Madrid by plane to play Atletico Madrid come Thursday

#15 ·
BB - just an update.

Very very happy!

Received the gauges and batteries today! The gauges and batteries look pretty damn impressive - I can't wait to install them tonight!

I have recommended you to my friends over in the UK so you will probably hear from me again soon.

Thanks again for your excellent customer service and I look forward to dealing with you in the future.

Will post review and pictures as soon as I can.

#18 ·
So I just read the 6+ page group buy page, but I didn't see answers my following questions:

1) Is there any cutting of the battery tray involved? Or is it plug & play?
2) Moeman - did you order the 4 cell or 8 cell?
The battery is plug and play of course coming From Browning Buck :banger:
The Oem strap is too big to keep the battery in place so either follow
BowningBuck's suggestion which is very simple or use a couple of
zip ties and loop them across the top of the battery compartment :cruising:

#17 ·
no cutting of the tray, BUT proper mounting is required and that is up to the owner as to how they do that. i suggest drilling a hole in the bottom of the tray next to the vertical wall of the left side in the middle, bolt one end of the stock rubber strap to the bottom of the tray, then put the battery in and wrap with the stock strap up to the left stock mounting point.

moe got an 8 cell

#19 ·
MOE!!! go take your try apart and remove those zipties!! and mount that properly!! i thought i already told you to do this :)

#20 ·
Will do man i promise i just got a set of the M5 :banger: Miss O'Seven was showing wire on the rear no more Corsa III

#21 ·
i have a set of pures sitting next to the track bike that i am excited to test since i JUST took off the Bt016...im curious to see the diff

#22 ·
I forgot to mention i am loving the cluster more and more bro why cause now even in bright day light
i can see the blinking reserve bar when i am on reserve before it was not that easy to notice

The other info is more visible as well no more eye squinking or leaning my head to check the time
or the temp that is one awesome mod folks get it you will love it thanks Brian

#23 ·
This is a stupid ass question (2 parts) (1) this repalces the standard battery? (2) what is the purpose? weight reduction/ HID projectors?

#24 ·
yes it replaces the stock battery these batteries are only like 14 ounces...

customers image from another site

#26 ·
Shoe in-soles is a great idea i hope they were not used cause then it wont
be a professional job would it

#28 ·
oh they are brand spankin new!

#29 ·
Moty for the win!!!

Well, I spent over an hour looking for a good replacement battery online. My current one wouldn't hold a charge longer than 2 weeks. :banghead: I gave up and took a trip to my local Honda dealer to have them order me a battery.

Just as I was about to buy one. I turned around and saw Brian :ciao:(BrowningBuck) who I had met a few times before.

He spoke of a battery that far surpasses any normal one. :gun1: With more juice than stock yet weighs less than a pound.

Of course i thought it was too good to be true... and had my doubts.

But i figured this had to be destiny. God wanted this battery in my beautiful bike.

This Battery is perfect. Ive only had it for a month. But all I can say is WOW. Moty design FTW.
Amazing customer service. Installation took less than 5 min:+1:
You can unplug this thing for 3 years, plug it back up and it will start like a champ. There is not a single down fall with this battery.

Anyone who is debating if MOTY is right for them... Give in, buy it, and prepare to be blown away.

I dont have words for my Amazement!

Attachments

#30 ·
Hey BB i was writing on the group buy thread but realized you said it was going to be dead after 4/25/10 anyways tenjin from az has been answering a few ?'s but my main question is how much longer will this battery last as opposed to a regular oem battery for pure street bike use?

#31 ·
yeah the cells are tested for 1000 cycles of use where lead batteries are only good for about 250 cycles

#32 ·
Let me tell you all i was testing all the turn signal & Brake light settings for my IT tail light.

I had the bike on and off so many times to check the tail light without the engine running and with it running and evrey time the battery was simply kicking that starter hard .

I have no doubts that is i had used the OEM battery it would have been dead within the first 30 minutes or so thanks to Brian for hooking me up with a flawless product.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.