Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Auctmarts Fairing Review 2008 CBR (Very In-depth!!)

12K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  auctmarts1 
#1 · (Edited)
REALLY IN DEPTH AUCTMARTS FAIRINGS REVIEW (Tons of photos, info, and even a video for you tl;dr people!)

Hey everyone! Welcome to my updated review of my experience with Auctmart Fairings Unfortunately my old review was too old to update, so that’s why I had to make this review. (see Post #5 for original review/ Timeline)

After reading @bestWRever_CBR & @RepsolReno reviews of the Auctmarts I decided to give Auctmarts a chance.
bestWReaver_CBR's review - http://www.600rr.net/vb/69-07-13-rr...-auctmarts-fairings-review-2007-cbr600rr.html
RepsolReno's review - http://www.600rr.net/vb/15-general-discussion/510306-auctmarts-fairings-review-|-07-cbr600rr.html

My expectations- I get it, these are not OEM. They don't cost $2,000+ dollars. I understand. I know they will be stiff and take time to install. I'm okay with that. I do expect the fitment to be good though. Especially the front fairings under the headlights. I want that to fit flush with no zip ties. I expect the paint quality to look close to OEM. I understand that the paint may not be able to last like OEM will. I'll wax it and take care of it. My bike doesn't sit out in the sun and I usually cover it when she's parked. I'd like to see these fairings paint look new for at least 2-3 years. (My OEM look new and they're 7 years old)

(Scroll to end to see the process of ordering fairings, updates, timeline, etc.)

IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!
Understanding my scoring- I used a 1-10 scoring, 10/10 being the highest, 1/10 being the lowest. Please keep in mind that a 10/10 does NOT mean that they rival OEM. I cannot honestly compare these to OEM. 10/10 is just my expectations on what they should be. That being said, if it scores a 10/10 it is HERO approved and that means you will be very happy with it, I promise! If you want OEM fitment, paint, and durability, then get your check book out and write a $2,500 check for Honda. Otherwise, send your ~$450 to Auctmarts.

Video for those who hate reading

I wrote so much that I need to break this review into 3 posts. I won't be able to edit these posts after some time, so be sure to check in the comments for updates if this thread is older than 2-3 months.

Enjoy!

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
THE REVIEW PART (1/2)

Fitment 9/10
Here’s where Auctmarts really shines over other competition. They have excellent fitment. I’m going to say that the front fairings fit perfect, (where the fairing meets the nose) no gaps at all. (Mine have a slight one, but that’s my fault for over-filing one of the tabs). I would say this though; the tank’s fitment is all around fairly bad. I don’t think it’s possible to get that gas cap gasket to sit right with these fairings. Kinda annoys me, but it’s something I’ll never notice, but they lose points for that. Also I have to say that the black pieces that go down under the seat don’t fit together perfectly either… But they are hidden underneath the seat and you can always just use your OEM ones. The tail fairing also didn’t fit perfect. I mean, it fits good, excellent and I’m happy, but you can slightly see the bottom of the bolts. They lose a point for that, too. Even though, honestly it’s not a big deal.
All around, I’m happy with the fitment, to the best of my knowledge no other aftermarket fairings for the 2008 600rr have perfect fitment underneath the headlights except Auctmarts. The tank is my main complaint though. The tail is not a big deal at all, no one will notice it, hell, and even I don’t notice it half the time. It’s very minor... Everything else fit perfect.
Fitment around gas lid gasket, doesn’t look bad, just kinda bothered me that it didn’t fit right.

Front fairing fitment. Would have been perfect if I didn’t file the tab as much as I had, oh well. Still looks hella good ;)

Tail fairing fitment (as you can see, the bolts are visible)

Installation 7/10
I really underestimated the installation process on these. It took me overall about 2 days to get this done. I had all my old fairings stripped within 3 hours and the rest was trying to get the new ones on. I did do an oil change, an air filter swap, installed underglow, and even did some more professional looking wire cleanup. That all slowed me down easily by about 3 hours, but you shouldn’t have that issue. Although I HIGHLY recommend you take care of anything and everything that needs to get taken care of while you are down there. Most of the time was also taken by transferring hardware from the old fairings to the new. Did you know that the front tire hugger hardware is riveted on?? I didn’t! Luckily my dad has a rivet gun and knowledge on how to do it, or I’d be screwed! Again though, the hardware was difficult to transfer because nothing wanted to move and it got really aggravating sometimes. The tank was by far the worst though. I literally spent 3 hours trying to get it on, I tried just about everything but finally I just had to settle for the crap gasket wouldn’t seal properly. And YES it was the fairing, not the gasket because my OEM would seal perfectly and I tried it a couple more times after messing with the Auctmart tank cover. Also the free windshield is garbage, I wouldn’t even bother with it. It looks hella nice, but You gotta absolutely bend the **** out of your fairing to get it to mount, I saw that and said forget it, I’ll just buy a ZG one later.

Paint Quality 9/10
Now this was a huge surprise for me. There paint quality was definitely nice looking. It looks OEM and I love it, I just stare at my bike for minutes like it was a TV or something lol. I didn’t have any runs, although there were a couple very very very minor imperfections I mean so minor that I had to really look hard to see them, and after a coat of wax they were impossible to see. I am only docking a single point for the fact that they really should of used more clear coats. Because it scratches SUPER easily. I used some wax over it ASAP to help protect it (before installation) I think it helps, but who knows..

Shipping 6.5/10
OK, here’s my one bad thing about this review. That’s the shipping. Shipping came quickly. I believe 3-4 business days, which is great. But, the first time it arrived most of my pieces were broken! I mean, scratched/cracked, etc. Now this isn’t Auctmart’s fault personally. This is the shipping guys who throw around boxes all day. But Auctmarts really didn’t pack these very well. They literally have the tiniest bit of foam protecting them and it was super fragile. I didn’t buy the insurance (which I should of for $25) because I believe that extra money allows them to use a different shipping company or something because my replacement fairings they sent me (free of charge) had to be signed for, etc. And were packed a little better too, just when you buy your fairings ask for shipping signatures and extra packing, tell them the shipping guys around your neighborhood love to just throw **** around and don’t care. Also pay the extra $25 for the better shipping… it’s worth it. Auctmarts if you are reading this, then I think it would be smart if you would pack the items a little bit better, use some bubble wrap maybe. I loved how they arrived quickly, but I would gladly wait an additional week or two in shipping to make sure they were being shipped properly. Speedy delivery doesn’t mean anything unless they arrive in one piece!
Arrived…. Broken 

#3 · (Edited)
THE REVIEW (2/2)

Customer Service 9/10

Great customer service, when my fairings arrived broken then just asked for some pictures of the box and the fairings and then they sent me new fairings! I’m very happy about that. Although, I had to wait a while though for them to arrive. When I asked them to repaint my front fairings cause they messed up on the design slightly (see Quality Control section) they told me it would be impossible without repainting a new tank also so the painted lines would line up perfectly. Not sure if I believe that or not, I pressed them on it and they offered me a $40 partial refund. I could of kept pushing and they would of let me get it, but to be honest. They didn’t look half bad and the $40 was a very reasonable amount considering now they are only making like $400 off of me. Lol, I don’t think they actually made a single penny off of me between the replacement fairings and slight refund. Also I dreaded having to re-install all the fairings again, so after thinking about it for a day I was happy I accepted their offer. Great customer service, they’re very kind and treat you well. I’d recommend sticking with e-mailing them, cause the one phone guy they got is impossible to understand, he has a very deep voice + he has a heavy accent and you cannot make out a single word he’s saying. They respond via e-mail just fine though.

Quality Control 8/10
This is something I never see people write about, probably because no one ever has any issues. But I did. My first set of fairings, arrived damaged. But they were painted on perfectly and had no issues other than the shipping guys tossing them around. The replacement fairings though, oh, man. First off the tail piece had a bunch of paint in the key hole where you’d open the trunk. I was able to pierce a hole in it with a screw driver then with a steady hand and sharp knife I was able to cut a good hole. They should of probably inspected it better before shipping. Also the lines were not on the new fairings. As you can see with the nose piece is supposed to have red underneath the headlights but they sent black ones to me, which don’t look bad, I just would of rather the red. Again though, they look great still and just the thought of taking them off and reinstalling them really isn’t very appealing to me. Haha. This all could have been avoided if they had sent a confirmation picture like they did the first time, but they didn’t. So bad on them, they could of saved themselves $40 if they had taken 2 minutes to send a picture. Just remember, if you ever need any other work from them, ASK FOR CONFIRMATION PICTURES. And study them CLOSELY!
Here you can see the left is the correct one they sent originally (that was damaged) and the right was the incorrect one they replaced it with.

Here’s a photo of what it could look like with the corrected fairing.

(this is just me holding the red fairing up, I never snapped it into place, there is NO gap there in the installed pieces!!!)

Here’s a picture of the painted key hole.

Durability 8/10
Now, on the bike, these are pretty durable. I have no worries about them bending or breaking. However, off the bike the durability drops to about a 4/10, they are VERY fragile you need to HANDLE with care. The paint chips and scratched VERY easy as well, this is where I dock Auctmarts some points, they need more coats of clear coat. I don’t know how many are on there but if I had to guess I’d say it was between 0-2 (and I would be very surprised if it was 2). Wax is mandatory with these; any protection at all is strongly encouraged. Later I am going to take one of the damaged fairings and do a strength test on it, of it vs it with wax to show how it holds up. (check in comment section of this forum to see the updates in case I cannot edit my original post)
What I would of done differently
If I could do anything differently, this is what I would of done. I would of paid that $25 insurance on the fairings, I would of requested Auctmarts had signature approvals for updates (if you have a PO box, have them send them there!!) I also would of requested more packing materials. In the event of replacement fairings, I should have asked for a confirmation picture of the replacements. Also, I should have used all of my replacement hard ware (black plastic pieces) the ones they sent were not as good as the OEM ones.

Final Impressions
The tank’s fitment was a disappointment. And the paint quality is damaged easily without a coat of wax which is sad. But other than that, the fitment is all around amazing, and the paint looks stunning. Wax is your friend with this stuff and I ALWAYS get looks and literally everyone who looks at it says they love the look more than the silver. No one can tell they’re cheap Chinese knock offs. Not even fellow CBR600rr riders, they think it’s OEM until I spill the beans.

As stated earlier, I love the way it looks, I STARE at my bike and just get lost in its beauty. Every time I walk into my garage I get giddy, this bike, this red and black goddess sitting in my garage, with her akrapovic exhaust and fine black lines streaking down the bright red paint just giving me that look, that look of a good time, it’s like falling in love for the first time, but unlike puppy love. This one never ends. I love the hell out of my bike and I cannot thank Auctmarts enough for giving my bike the look I have always desired. The look I dreamt of and longed for all winter long while I frantically browsed craigslist out of desperation for a beautiful example of a red & black 2008 CBR600rr to call my own. Now, finally, I have one.

I hope this review was deemed resourceful for you guys and if you have any questions at all please don’t hesitate to contact me, either with a comment or a private message.

#5 · (Edited)
Fairing TimeLine: (Original Review thread)

July 12th Order sent - July 28th Box received. That is a 12 business day turn around from submitted order to on my door steps. Not bad at all. Very happy with that.

JULY 12th 2015
I placed a custom order with Auctmarts, it cost me $448 free shipping. I ordered this kit: Auctmarts.com but had them modify the front fairing to not have those black lines (eyebrows, whatever they are lol). They also are having a monthly special where they'll throw in a bolt kit of my choice (I chose black) and a windsheild, heat shielding, and tank pad.

JULY 20th 2015
I received a picture of my fairings! They looks pretty good in the photos. I hope they look as good in person.

They said they'll give me a tracking # within a couple of days. I'm expecting to receive these fairings within 2-3 weeks.

JULY 22nd 2015
I received an e-mail from Auctmarts saying that my fairing bolt kit is on it's way with a tracking number. Unfortunately the fairings are still in the process of being prepared for shipping, no big deal though. I'm patient and i'll wait. I'll be sure to write up a little review of the fairing bolt kit.

JULY 23rd 2015
I just received another e-mail with a tracking # for my fairings! I'm guessing they should be here within 2 weeks.
Here's a generic picture of what the box "should" look like once received.

JULY 28nd 2015
Fairings arrived!

August 11th 2015

I had an issue with some of the fairings when they arrived, they were damaged from the shipping. I do feel like Auctmarts should of packed them better, all they had was a small thing foam piece wrapped around them with no added protection. Either way, they sent me out all the replacement parts no questions asked. They just sent me a tracking number today.

August 18th 2015

I received my replacement fairings! There was a small scratch on the gas tank but I was able to buff it out and it is no longer noticeable. Thank god.
One complaint is that it appears that they didn't drill a hole in the rear tail fairings where the key hole goes. I contacted them asking if I drill the hole myself and mess up will they hook me up? I'm sure I will drill it just fine no problem. But I wanted to double check before I went ahead with it.

All in all very happy with the fairings, quality seems decent. I put a coat of wax on them all and will begin assembly this weekend. Fingers crossed it all goes smooth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.