Product Review: $50 DMP S-SPEC Rear Spool Type Swing Arm Stand - 600RR.net
600rr.net Product Reviews Use this section to provide a detailed review of new products.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Product Review: $50 DMP S-SPEC Rear Spool Type Swing Arm Stand

I figured I'd post a quick review of the DMP S-SPEC Rear Spool Type swingarm stand since they aren't mentioned much here. Most people seem to agree that Pitbull stands are the best and worth the money.

First off, I got it directly from the www.Moto911.com warehouse so I didn't pay shipping. Their warehouse is in Irvine, CA and I am live nearby so it was no big deal to pick it up. Otherwise, shipping is like $20-$25. They advertise them for $69.99 on their website, but they also sell them on eBay for $49.99 in the store called 'sliderhouse', which is where I found them. I bought a set of 8 mm black swingarm spools from Cycle Gear for $15 to go with it. All in all, it cost me about $70.

This thing works perfectly with my 07 RR and it is solid as a rock. I have used my brother Pitbull rear stand in the past which is great, but its $150 + tax without spools. The only real difference between the two is that the wheels on the Pitbull are a little bit higher quality. Thats not to say that the wheels on the DMP are junk, they are actually pretty decent.

It only took about 20-30 lbs of force to lift up the bike up which was pretty easy, and it goes up pretty smooth and steady. Once up, it is super sturdy. No worries about it tipping over.

Anyways, hope this was helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 12:46 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyw68 View Post
I figured I'd post a quick review of the DMP S-SPEC Rear Spool Type swingarm stand since they aren't mentioned much here. Most people seem to agree that Pitbull stands are the best and worth the money.

First off, I got it directly from the www.Moto911.com warehouse so I didn't pay shipping. Their warehouse is in Irvine, CA and I am live nearby so it was no big deal to pick it up. Otherwise, shipping is like $20-$25. They advertise them for $69.99 on their website, but they also sell them on eBay for $49.99 in the store called 'sliderhouse', which is where I found them. I bought a set of 8 mm black swingarm spools from Cycle Gear for $15 to go with it. All in all, it cost me about $70.

This thing works perfectly with my 07 RR and it is solid as a rock. I have used my brother Pitbull rear stand in the past which is great, but its $150 + tax without spools. The only real difference between the two is that the wheels on the Pitbull are a little bit higher quality. Thats not to say that the wheels on the DMP are junk, they are actually pretty decent.

It only took about 20-30 lbs of force to lift up the bike up which was pretty easy, and it goes up pretty smooth and steady. Once up, it is super sturdy. No worries about it tipping over.

Anyways, hope this was helpful.
i have the same rear stand and picked it up from the same place. very good quality and sturdy. if anyone needs a rear stand and is in the OC area, i would definitely get it from these guys. Paul, the owner of moto911, is awesome and provides excellent customer service.

i'd say a rear stand is a must have for anyone who is even somewhat interested in doing some simple maintenance on their own bike. the DMP is about as solid as you're gonna get for less than $60. my only complaint is that on the lift point on the stand, where the stand connects with the swingarm spools, the rubber lil cover things came off really easily and dont stay on. it does not change the effectiveness of the stand, but it just kinda bugs me. even though the stand has this slight imperfection, i would still definitely recommend this rear stand.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 03:42 AM
World Superbike Racer

hmm those seem like a good price. The only other ones I can think of in a comparable price range are the t-rex stands which I own. These, however, are better because they appear to be welded as apposed to being assembled with nuts and bolts. Rendering these much less likely to bend/ warp beneath the weight of the bike. I say thumbs up.

Chairman and Proud member of 2xGC
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 08:57 AM
IO BOT Fanboy #1

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have both the front and rear stands and I love them. Stable and great. If i really wanted to I assume I coudl upgrade the wheels to rollerblade wheels and bearings but the build quality is great on them.

-----Squid for Life-----

Official 600rr.net Squid Member #3
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Knee Dragger

i use the t-rex stands and love them

Don't take life to serious, you'll never get out alive.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 01:10 AM
need a 1krr

i have the rear stand and its great. It sits a little off center so when I look at it from behind it angles slightly right but works GREAT. Im ordering the front stand now.

09 Kawasaki Concours - Best decision ever. Period.
06 600RR - Best 600 I ever owned.
96 900RR - Hell on my back... but it sure liked to wheelie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page