Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Looking at a 08-09...

637 views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  jdgun 
#1 ·
Hello, After much looking around and sitting on bikes my Girlfriend has decided on a 600RR, in particular the non restricted 08-09 model. Going to be looking to buy one, and more than likely this bike will end up with some pretty nice mods.. Been awhile since I have had a Honda in the garage.

#4 ·
The 09+ is a better riding bike for street duty anyway. I don't see why youd favor an 07-08 unless you were racing it. You're making a big deal about a spec that is almost entirely irrelevant for 99% of the time and even when it is relevant (when you're in the very very top end) the diffrerence is marginal at best.

#5 ·
That plis if youre gna mode it you can always throw on the 07-08 ecu or put a zbomb or whatever its called and it will be the exact same bike. The only valid reason can be that on the 07-08 the engine isnt covered by the fairings, but even those are swappable only thing u would need is a $3 bracket

#10 ·
Any bike that lives in my garage will see the track multiple times a year, she is still tracking her current bike this year (a built 250 ninja). I will use it on track this year alongside my 675R & 1199S..2018 she will use it on the street and track, as I will buy spare wheels, track bodywork, etc for it to include mods.

main reason for the cbr600rr (not my first choice) bike fits the gf, and is a pretty easy safe ride... nothing like my 675R or old zx6r.

#12 ·
My only point was that if you're not competing with it who cares about a couple HP up top. I didn't ask what was in your garage, nice to know you have a Ducati though.

Track days are about corners, who cares about 2mph at the end of the back straight

I would say a whole lot of people who track or race 600's, each and every bit counts, especially as the Hondas are slower than the other 600's... I got it you don't agree and that's fine, but to put it back at you, if your not racing your bike and have done anything for more power, then your a damn hypocrite.

#14 ·
I haven't. My engine is stock. Everything I did is for braking and handling. And sound and aesthetics of course

My 600 was the same way.
If you aren't competing then who cares? Does your blood boil because you can't win the track day?[/QUOTE]

NOPE, as I am just out there to have fun and enjoy myself.. at 6ft2 265lbs MLB sized, I get passed on the straights by pretty much anyone on a 600cc+ bike, unless I ride a 1000CC+ bike.. but for sure my corner speed is down a fair amount compared to my modded 675R.. best handling bike I have ridden.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.