Hey from Canada - 600RR.net
New Members New members MUST post in this section to introduce themselves to the RR family of ours. Failure to do so will prohibit posting in other forums.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wink Hey from Canada

Hey guys, just got myself a CBR600RR.
Yes, it's my first bike and I'm clueless but I'm old enough and mature enough to understand what it means to have 600cc under my seat.

I'll be taking it easy and will be learning a-lot as time goes by!

I bought a used 2012 soda cbr600rr with only 7,000KM on it.

The sad thing is, it's literally never been turned on for 1.5years and been just sitting in the garage for that long with no attention.
Their were spider webs and a-lot of dirt etc ...

There is 0 scratches/dents/scuffs and barely used.

Now, I am trying to clean it & watched a-lot of youtube video's and they are all great but I'm not sure what to do about the battery under the seat.

Youtube video's start with simply rinsing the motorcycle everywhere with water but it's my 1st bike so all I can think about is what about the water getting to the battery from under the seat....
Should I be pulling the battery out etc ... before washing the bike?

It's only been driven 7,000KM & it was bought in 2013 so it's around 3 years old & been sitting for 1.5years.

What are the steps that need to be taken?
What needs to be changed?
What should I be checking?
What are the things you guys would do right away?
A list would be great!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 10:40 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Welcome fellow canuck. Where in Canada you from?

You can wash it with the battery in the bike no worries. Just leave the seat on. It's not a big deal if the battery gets wet. Although I'm guessing after 1.5 years it will need replacement unless he's been tending it.

If the bike runs well then I don't think much will need to be changed as it's almost new. I would check the usual consumables: oil, tires (tread and age), brakes, brake fluid, chain, sprocket, lights.
Also give the front and rear suspension a good bounce and make sure they're not leaking, especially the forks.

Otherwise good to go. Congrats!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page