Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

2006 Honda Cbr 600RR shutoff while driving and won't start back up!

4K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  chancewenger97 
#1 ·
Hi guys I have a 2006 Honda Cbr 600rr I bought about 4 months ago and I have had 0 problems with this bike until now. I live in an apartment complex so my bike sits in a parking spot covered by a weatherproof bike cover when I'm not riding it and my other vehicle, my jeep wrangler, is parked in front of it when home. I went to work and then came home after hanging out with some friends 3 days ago and when i got home my bike, I am assuming since I have no proof, that it was hit and it was knocked over partially into the bushes with a broken kickstand and my front headlight plastic is split. So I checked the bike out and let it stand with me sitting on it for about 10 minutes while I checked it and everything seemed fine. I drove it for about 15 minutes around my complex to make sure it was running right and everything seemed a-okay. Until two nights ago when I went out on a ride with a buddy and I was about 20 minutes into the drive pulling off the interstate and stopped at the light before turning into a gas station and all of my gauges turned off with the backlight and headlights on and as soon as I kicked the bike down into 1st gear it shut off and will not turn back on. I have as of now checked the kickstand sensor, which I bypassed, battery, starter, all fuses connecting to these components, and checked for any loose wiring with no success of starting the bike. The Starter is working and all guages and headlights now work but the bike doesn't even attempt to turn over. Any thoughts?

See less See more
#5 ·
Check your rectifier... It failed to me once while I was riding and the symptoms were similar...

Bike stuttered, could be re-fired but would die almost inmedaitely... Then couldn't start her at all...

Have you seen any strange reading on the dash?

#10 ·
Yes I checked with a multimeter. I just did the BAS bypass and I have a battery starter I use for my car. The battery had died because of my numerous attempts to start upon trying different things to fix the problem. Seems the BAS is not the issue because I did the bypass and it started up with the battery starter on there. I unhooked the battery starter and shut off the bike after letting it sit for a few minutes and tried starting it but it wouldn't start. So at this point I assume my issue is the battery since when the battery starter is plugged in the bike is getting 12.5V from the battery but as soon as I unplug it the volts quickly drop to 11.2 and then if I shut off the bike it drops to about 10V. Is this a sign that the battery is bad and Its just not holding a charge?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.