Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

which oil would you recomend

6K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  OzMoto 
#1 ·
i have a 09 600rr with about 4000 miles on it
i have only used the honda gn4 5-40

should i keep using it or go to semi or full?

#2 ·
You're opening a can of worms and if you do a search you'll find several threads about it. Read through them and then decide. But to sum them all up, it really doesn't matter what you run if you change it often enough. Hell you could run cooking oil if you want to, you'd have to change it every 10 miles or so, but it could be done.

#6 ·
Ready.>?????? Rotella T6

Many people use it with good results.

#7 ·
I've used the Honda synthetic and didn't really see any difference. Drained it and used amsoil10w40 synthetic and my shifts were smoother and the bike even felt smoother all around. I've used mobil 1, Castrol, silkolene, honda and now amsoil. If you're going synthetic the brand really doesnt mater as they are all premium synthetics. Only thing that matters is price! Hell I can get a full honda synthetic oil change kit for around $60 yet amsoil costs me about $17/qt plus the filter.

#12 ·
I use Liqui Moly 10W30 Racing oil in my track bike, great product, no problems so far.

#14 · (Edited)
I've been planning to do mine, But I'm just gonna go with like a really good well known fully synthetic oil like Motul or Rotella t6.

I've seen too much persons ask about type of oil or filter (stuff like that) on forums, and its like always the same - personal preference. Like DarcShadow said, just pretty much keep up with your oil change

#16 ·
Also think about how you ride and how often you change your oil. On my track bike I change every 2 track days so I use a cheaper performance oil but still fully synthetic. On my road bike I use motul 7500 which is more expensive but I change it every 4000 miles. Also looks cool as its red. Lol

#19 ·
Find oil that meets requirements (JASO MA/MA2) in the correct weight as per service manual.

Purchase said oil.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.