what oild filter and how many quarts ? [Archive] - 600RR.net

: what oild filter and how many quarts ?

SnakerocksRR
02-04-2009, 03:42 PM
what kind of oil filter do i use when i need to change my oil... and how many quarts do i put in it?

its a 03 600rr

thank you in advance

RShackleford
02-04-2009, 07:28 PM
since you are new and obviously have not learned to search simple things like this, go to your dealer and buy a filter specifically for your bike. then buy whatever engine oil you plan to run. if you have not done the research then just use plain old honda gn4 and fill it until the oil is at the full line. buy 4 quarts and you should be fine with extra left over.

Dr. GoFast
02-04-2009, 08:12 PM
you gotta be kidding me. is this a joke? this thread topic pops up about every 3 days.... please do a search and save everyone some time responding to something they already have about 100000000000000 times.

Chris22783
02-04-2009, 10:12 PM
Stick with answer #1 unless you have over 5k (10k if your conservative) - then you should really be using synthetic oil. Stick with your owners manual.

wivern49
02-04-2009, 10:27 PM
i use 204 k&n filter, 10w40 mobil 1 syn. use 3.1 after filter and oil change. Look at your manual will help you more.

ZBoomer
02-04-2009, 11:58 PM
you gotta be kidding me. is this a joke? this thread topic pops up about every 3 days....

+1000000000000000

And that's a conservative guess, it seems like someone asks this same question twice a day. Not only has it been answered here 1000 times, it's in the freaking owner's manual.

I'm all about helping, but DAMN.

hondaboy945
02-05-2009, 01:40 AM
Stock filter. Repsol 4T full syn. every 2000-3000 miles. Search does work, but people should be able to help. In the time it took to post " use search function" they could have just told you the info that you are looking for.

Dr. GoFast
02-05-2009, 01:44 AM
^^ yea, but then the guy never learns to use the search.

SnakerocksRR
02-05-2009, 07:04 PM
listen i just got the bike and it didnt come with the manual...and i just wanted a striaght answer to a question i asked not someone elses...i will use the search but this one time i wanted a direct answer

thanks to the ones who helped

James06CBR
02-07-2009, 11:55 AM
Go to the dealer and buy a filter, part #: 15410-MFJ-D01. Then choose a good motorcycle 4 stroke specific oil. Amsoil is a good one and quite convenient to just order a case at discount as a preferred customer and have it shipped to your door. Then you have a few oil changes ready to go. I found a deal on the filters online and went that route. So, I have a bunch of filters and oil... it's always ready to go. I don't have to ever run out and hunt down a filter and fight for limited shelf oil. If not Amsoil MCF I'd go with Repsol 4T which can be found at Cycle Gear or like places. Good luck and enjoy that bike!!

Amsoil Dealer Group
02-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Stick with answer #1 unless you have over 5k (10k if your conservative) - then you should really be using synthetic oil. Stick with your owners manual.

You can switch to Synthetic at you first service interval with no problems. Waiting for "Break-In" is a Myth that is perpetuated on a daily basis.

^^ yea, but then the guy never learns to use the search.

Not only that, using the Search Function does not bring any new information if there is any.

listen i just got the bike and it didnt come with the manual...and i just wanted a striaght answer to a question i asked not someone elses...i will use the search but this one time i wanted a direct answer

thanks to the ones who helped

It all depends on what you want for your bike. Look at the G-2156 Link in our Sig and pick one of the Top 3 Finishers if you want a Top Tier oil. As far as filters, No other filter outperforms the AMSOIL Filter. After that, my choices would be WIX, Pure 1 and then Mobil 1 in that order.