1st Annual 600rr Dragon Tail Meet!!?!? [Archive] - 600RR.net

: 1st Annual 600rr Dragon Tail Meet!!?!?

Pages : [1] 2

thaghost
03-29-2010, 03:09 PM
As some of you know, another member (thakurtis) and I took a trip to deals gap this past september (http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=155545). We are planning on going again this september. Would like to get an acutal 600rr meet when we go down. So I wanted to feel you guys out on what you think. For those of you who are unfamiliar with deals gap, here's a link to their site, http://www.dealsgap.com/. If you think you may want to go, propose a date so we can work together on this. RIGHT NOW I AM LOOKING AT SEPT 8-12. I think it would be a blast. There are a ton of cabin rental companies down there. Here is the link to the one we went through, very reasonable to, http://www.cabinsusa.com/.

1. Thaghost
2. Thakurtis
3. fast03600rr

4. Lean.In.
5. Phatstud?
6. Tony Tiger
7. MXrider
8. idsmokeu2
9. renato??
10. powermoose1
11. bigpapaholt (friday?)
12. garcia0612
13. thirdgenlxi
14. scott7689
15. Divinstrike
16. Turnerman

http://i42.tinypic.com/wi6c5i.jpg

thaghost
03-29-2010, 03:15 PM
I'll also coordinate it with these guys and get us on the calendar when we get a date set in stone, Tail of thedragon (http://tailofthedragon.com/index.html)

ctekguy
03-29-2010, 03:33 PM
I thought the Gap was closed because of all the mud slides? There was talk that it wasn't going to be fixed anytime soon or ever. :dontknow:

Peace,

Gabe

ctekguy
03-29-2010, 03:34 PM
http://www.dealsgap.com/save-the-gap/index.html

Peace,

Gabe :sad3:

thakurtis
03-29-2010, 03:47 PM
Wtfffffffffffffffffffomfg Tah Dragon Is What!?!?!

GSU_08RR
03-29-2010, 03:53 PM
Its def a possibility...im about 6 hrs away but I've always wanted to go

thaghost
03-29-2010, 03:56 PM
wow didn't know that. Hopefully it'll be up an going by the time we go.

thaghost
03-29-2010, 03:56 PM
For those of you who are interested in going, please state so and how many.

thaghost
03-29-2010, 04:05 PM
Construction starts no later than April 5 and is to be done by July 31. However, the contractor will get a huge bonus if they finish earlier. Good news people!!!

Jos06rr
03-29-2010, 04:14 PM
Where are you guys coming from? It would be a straight shot south on I-81 from North-West Va. for me.

If it could be so, I would be game for the first week in August. Aug. 1st through the 6th.

keep me posted, I would need to know a good deal in advance...

m_600_m
03-29-2010, 04:21 PM
i might be able to go late in the ride year.

thaghost
03-29-2010, 04:36 PM
I am coming from Indiana. I am looking at September 8-12.

GREENROCKET
03-29-2010, 04:49 PM
i wont to go real bad but it all dependas on what my employment look like then. i am currently out of work.

thaghost
03-29-2010, 07:46 PM
Here is a link to some pics of the slide Dragon Tail Rock Slide (http://www.tdot.state.tn.us/US129rockslide/031910/index.htm)

Here is a link regarding the cleanup http://news.tennesseeanytime.org/node/4837

Slowbagger
03-29-2010, 08:23 PM
i will most likely be able to attend..

Lean.In.
03-29-2010, 08:27 PM
since I live like 10 minutes from there, im down. Just set a solid date so I can ask for "no travel" at my job since I travel all the f-ing time.

Phatstud
03-29-2010, 08:29 PM
I'm a little over an hr away.
It's most likely going to be closed for 3months.

thaghost
03-29-2010, 08:46 PM
I'm a little over an hr away.
It's most likely going to be closed for 3months.

would you be down to go on the dates I picked?
Yea it's gonna be closed till July.

Phatstud
03-29-2010, 08:48 PM
would you be down to go on the dates I picked?
Yea it's gonna be closed till July.

Possibly. I won't know till it's closer to the date.

Most locals say till August but who knows till time gets closer and they actually start doing crap there. My GF's family is 10mins away from us129.

Tony tiger
03-30-2010, 10:11 AM
I'm game as well..I'm about an hour and a half away from there. I usually make several trips a season..Just an FYI..if any of you guys out there aren't 100% legal. i.e. license, insurance, tags, improperly mounted tag...might be in your best interest to get all this in order before making the trip to the Gap. The cops there are real douce bags and will hassle the crap out of you over the smallest detail. TN also has an eye protection law which they will ticket you for, if your face sheild is up you must have on glasses... Also the speed limit is 35. (Sucks!) most of the time there are too many cruisers in the way to go much faster than that anyway..Don't get me wrong it is an AMAZING ride. Just don't go there with the intention of hauling ass or acting crazy because they will nail you in a heartbeat.

MXRider
03-30-2010, 10:34 AM
if it opens back up I might be down for a couple days.

idsmokeu2
03-30-2010, 10:40 AM
I would be down for it...

And for those wanting to go earlier or that are closer and could swing a weekend 1 day ride and not want to spend the night read below & visit link.

I'm local, same distance as "Tony Tiger" and have put up another thread of people interested in taking several rides not just to the dragon but come other good local roads and such.. It's in the south/southeastern forum here's the link.. Normally take all the curvy roads on the way to the dragon etc..

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=169540

ajaygraci
03-30-2010, 11:11 AM
way too far for me

BearNVa
03-30-2010, 11:17 AM
I've gone to the dragon for the past 4 years twice a year but have never been on a bike... I've always been with the Honda S2000 group... I'll be there 3 times this year for 3 different events... S2000's Wake The Dragon Apr 21-25 is the 1st one.... but I would love to go on a bike!!!

thaghost
03-30-2010, 11:27 AM
I've gone to the dragon for the past 4 years twice a year but have never been on a bike... I've always been with the Honda S2000 group... I'll be there 3 times this year for 3 different events... S2000's Wake The Dragon Apr 21-25 is the 1st one.... but I would love to go on a bike!!!

well, do you wanna go with us?

BearNVa
03-30-2010, 11:31 AM
hmm I would love to but since I've already scheduled 3 events downthere this year probably not but def next year!! I need to get a trailer and some stuff prior... I'm not gonna ride my bike for 8 hrs from VA to NC/TN

BearNVa
03-30-2010, 11:35 AM
Fontana Lodge has some nice cabins and stuff and they are a decent price
www.fontanavillage.com This is where most car clubs stay....

Renato
03-30-2010, 11:41 AM
I hear the Cherohala Skyway is nice too, and some other local roads, just look around Google Maps.
http://www.cherohala.com/
I'm down if everything falls into place. Being married and with a newborn, it's just too soon to know.

idsmokeu2
03-30-2010, 02:27 PM
I'd rather ride the skyway 100 times more then the F*ing Dragon.. Much more smooth flowing and can haul ass w/o worrying about a cop around every corner etc.. It's also not as crowded as it's 50+ miles long and very senic for those photographers.. :)

Phatstud
03-30-2010, 05:30 PM
I'd rather ride the skyway 100 times more then the F*ing Dragon.. Much more smooth flowing and can haul ass w/o worrying about a cop around every corner etc.. It's also not as crowded as it's 50+ miles long and very senic for those photographers.. :)

:+1::+1::+1:

Shamrock.
03-31-2010, 12:41 AM
I've been once...going back again on April 8-11th.

Cherohala is AWESOME...much better than dragon ever thought. Hellbender's is great too (rte 28). Highest elevation is Santeetlah (elev. 5900ft). There is SOO much better than the dragon.

Even if it's closed, you can still go down there. Just go in the back way through Cherohala. It'll be practically secluded, and you'll have most of the roads to yourself.

powermoose1
03-31-2010, 12:47 AM
I'm down for the meet. The dragon is OK, but there are better roads around it if you ask me. I'll be trailering from ATL and probably camping near the Natahala.

Lean.In.
03-31-2010, 09:39 AM
I guess one can have an opinion on roads "better" than the dragon, but it depends on what style of riding you want to do...long sweepers? Then go Cherohala or Foothills or wherever. But if you want a very technically challenging road with increasing/decreasing/off camber/chicane style to it, you'd be hard pressed to find a "better" road than 129.

Although I will agree that the fuzz has gotten a bit thicker up there...even the Foothills Pkwy is bad now. But go in October or November on a sunny day during the week when the season is over, and you have the whole road to yourself...and no fuzzy navels.

thaghost
03-31-2010, 09:48 AM
Last year was my first time to the dragon. I am not gonna lie, I thought it was blast. I couldn't get enough. The roads the scenery the people, everything was amazing. Personally, I don't know how it could get better than that lol. I saw 1 cop the 4 hours that I was out there. Traffic wasn't bad at all. There was an s2k club and a fiero club when we were there.

Bigpappaholt
03-31-2010, 10:15 AM
id prob be down but i wouldnt be able to make my way down there till friday

thaghost
04-06-2010, 04:18 PM
for the people who are going, we should come up with a design for a 1st annual dragon tail meet t-shirt. If we can get the design down, I can get the t-shirts made and have them for sale down there. What do you think?

all in
04-06-2010, 04:48 PM
I am so in. I am moving back to TN form FL and will live about half hour from there in Sevierville again.

Bklynsenvy29
04-06-2010, 05:26 PM
I think Ide be down. Would be coming down with my boy from NJ. Only thing is im starting a new job so I have to make sure to get those days off.

scott7689
04-07-2010, 12:10 AM
Im definitely down. I live about 1 1/2 hours away and made 9 trips there last season. Gotta say the dragon was the slowest 11 miles of the trip(got stuck behind two fat girls on a fat boy) Id be down for a t-shirt too. There was a thread somehwere with someone trying to make some stickers with a pretty cool shot of an RR that would look good as the logo. But Im down for whenever and could probably get a couple buddies with RRs to go too.

thirdgenlxi
04-07-2010, 10:14 AM
I'm definitely down as long as I don't move by then. Looking out in Colorado for jobs, so if I end up out there then I'm out. But if I'm still here in NC I can run over there no prob

Actually headed there this weekend, lol

Lean.In.
04-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Good luck, its closed for the rock slide...unless you just plan on doing it to the road block on the NC side?

thaghost
04-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Good luck, its closed for the rock slide...unless you just plan on doing it to the road block on the NC side?

it was. They reopened it yesterday. It'll be completely opened and repaired by July 30th so we will be fine.

Phatstud
04-07-2010, 04:56 PM
I'm trying to move out to NC for a job...but can't find one ha.

djacksoncbr600
04-07-2010, 11:45 PM
If I got a bike by then I'll be down cuz I'll be home. Then I can see some fam while I'm out that way.

B6bydesign
04-08-2010, 09:59 AM
it was. They reopened it yesterday. It'll be completely opened and repaired by July 30th so we will be fine.

Not that it will have any impact on this event but just an FYI, last minute concerns about EMS capabilities have pushed the opening back to Monday.

Reaper
04-08-2010, 08:42 PM
8am - 8pm starting monday. Am I wrong, or is it only going to be open from one end?

thirdgenlxi
04-09-2010, 10:33 AM
8am - 8pm starting monday. Am I wrong, or is it only going to be open from one end?

You are correct.... only gonna be open from the NC side until July 31st, after that everything should be back to normal...... "should", lol

DivineStrike
04-09-2010, 11:48 AM
September definitely sounds do able. I may try to get a few other friends to go as well. We'll see, I'll keep in touch

BTW, 3RDGENLxi: how do you spend a year on gas?

Turnerman
04-10-2010, 10:34 AM
I'm down for that, it's about a 4 hour trip from here and I may be able to get a hitch installed on my car and a bike trailer so I won't have to ride the entire way.

Flood
04-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Holy ****, I'd love to go. I've been thinking about going down there sometime to hit that up. Some guys I deployed with this past year from Tennessee talked about that road quite a bit.

Phatstud
04-10-2010, 09:47 PM
From WBIR:

TDOT officials plan to reopen most of the section of US 129 know as "The Dragon" during daylight hours beginning Monday, despite the challenges emergency crews will face responding to wrecks on the curvy stretch of road.
According to a news release, the stretch of U.S. 129 from the Tabcat Bridge to the North Carolina state line will be open to traffic each day between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. for all but commercial and large RV traffic. The road will remain closed to all traffic overnight.
However, the section of U.S. 129 from just past the Foothills Parkway to the Tabcat Bridge will remain closed as crews work to remove a rockslide that closed the roadway in March.
TDOT said Tennessee Highway Patrol officers will monitor the road while emergency responders from Graham County, North Carolina will be called if there are accidents with injuries.

The rockslide is expected to be cleared by July 31. However, TDOT will provide an incentive to the contractor that is clearing the road and securing the rock if the work is completed early.

Phatstud
04-10-2010, 09:50 PM
TALLASSEE, Tenn. — The Tennessee Department of Transportation will reopen an 11-mile stretch of U.S. Highway 129 on Monday, April 12, between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. for motorists who ride “the Dragon,” a curvy section of road with 318 turns.

The reopened section of the Dragon will be from Tabcat Bridge near Chilhowee Lake to the North Carolina line. The section of U.S. 129 from just past the Foothills Parkway to the Tabcat Bridge will remain closed as crews continue to work on rockslides that closed the highway in March.

This means that motorists must access the Dragon from the North Carolina side, and only between the hours of 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. TDOT officials said Highway 129 through the mountains is still closed to thru traffic, and that motorists wishing to travel from Robbinsville, N.C. to Blount County still will need to follow detours.

The rockslide work is expected to be completed by July 31. However, TDOT is providing an incentive of $6,500 per day to complete the work early. If work is completed by July 1 the contractor will receive a full incentive of $195,000. If work is not done by July 31, the contractor will face a penalty of $6,500 per day until the work is completed.

Up-to-the-minute information on progress on the rockslide and detour maps can be found online at www.tn.gov/tdot by clicking on the link “Rockslide Closures” at the top of the page.

scottcbr600
04-12-2010, 11:58 AM
The whole area up there ROCKS!! So many twisties they can't be counted! Tight turns, sweepers, switch backs, decreasing radius, elevation changes, and high speed turns. I've been there 5 times since 2007. I hope I'm available to be apart of this.

Scott

scottcbr600
04-12-2010, 12:00 PM
TALLASSEE, Tenn. — The Tennessee Department of Transportation will reopen an 11-mile stretch of U.S. Highway 129 on Monday, April 12, between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. for motorists who ride “the Dragon,” a curvy section of road with 318 turns.

The reopened section of the Dragon will be from Tabcat Bridge near Chilhowee Lake to the North Carolina line. The section of U.S. 129 from just past the Foothills Parkway to the Tabcat Bridge will remain closed as crews continue to work on rockslides that closed the highway in March.

This means that motorists must access the Dragon from the North Carolina side, and only between the hours of 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. TDOT officials said Highway 129 through the mountains is still closed to thru traffic, and that motorists wishing to travel from Robbinsville, N.C. to Blount County still will need to follow detours.

The rockslide work is expected to be completed by July 31. However, TDOT is providing an incentive of $6,500 per day to complete the work early. If work is completed by July 1 the contractor will receive a full incentive of $195,000. If work is not done by July 31, the contractor will face a penalty of $6,500 per day until the work is completed.

Up-to-the-minute information on progress on the rockslide and detour maps can be found online at www.tn.gov/tdot (http://www.tn.gov/tdot) by clicking on the link “Rockslide Closures” at the top of the page.

SWEET! No slow cars in the way and no cruisers!

gdpgc
04-14-2010, 07:34 PM
thaghost, you live in Valpo? so do i

Tony tiger
04-21-2010, 09:42 AM
Just thought I'd check back in on this. I've already said I'll be there regardless of when, but having a solid date to nail down to the calender would be SWEET. I just don't want to give the wife a chance to throw a wrench in my plans! LOL..and as for the t-shirt :+1: got a closet full of dragon t's already. A 600RR meet shirt would be awesome to add to my collection.:banger:

"youhaveaheadlightout"
04-21-2010, 01:25 PM
I live about 20mins from there. However I ride an hour and a half away to hwy 421 to ride. Picture the dragon 20miles longer and zero cops thats hwy 421 but i will be there an buy a tee shirt. i will be the guy in the middle trying to blend in and not be seen by tennessee's worst.

stex
04-21-2010, 02:05 PM
i wish i could but ill be in europe at home then....:banghead::banghead:

it would be a blast...

but ill be in Montenegro riding this every day
http://www.kotorapartments.com/images/kotor_bay_map_big.jpg
kotor bay :)

Phatstud
04-21-2010, 05:23 PM
I live about 20mins from there. However I ride an hour and a half away to hwy 421 to ride. Picture the dragon 20miles longer and zero cops thats hwy 421 but i will be there an buy a tee shirt. i will be the guy in the middle trying to blend in and not be seen by tennessee's worst.

What day were you at 421?
I live 8miles down the street...

Cops are there just about everyday, a few states and local especially Fri-Sun.

"youhaveaheadlightout"
04-21-2010, 06:52 PM
it was about a month ago on a saturday morning about 10ish till about 12ish. i seen cops on 81 on the way up there but my bike was in the back of the truck.

BearNVa
04-21-2010, 07:18 PM
I'm at the dragon now.... there are 2 TN state cops on the dragon at ALL times...

Are you people planning on riding your bikes to the dragon or trailering them??

Dryice
04-23-2010, 02:23 AM
Count me in. I can prob bring a few friends :)

kenneth33
04-23-2010, 02:43 AM
I'm down too...

05'Scorpion
04-23-2010, 04:15 AM
im in cali but guess what i just lost my job and can use vacation...if i flew there anyone down to pick me up and let me stay with them...(would also have to rent bike if thats possible)

bullrider
04-23-2010, 09:04 PM
anyone in canada wanna take a long cruise? :O

Busa04
05-10-2010, 11:02 AM
Speaking as a "Dragon" regular.... I go there 3-4 times a year...know the LEO and one of the photographers very well...I would be down for a annual meet... but i am going july 12th weekend... but has anyone checked to make sure there are not a lot of car/bike clubs then? i normally go when the roads are hotter in the summer versus the later months..ie sept...but that just my opinion...and normally..the cheapest place to stay is at the deals gap campground for around 59-69 a nite and they hold 3 ppl... but you have to call and see when they have open slots.

Joey

Busa04
05-10-2010, 11:13 AM
Also..I can check with the photographer freind and have him do a group shot at the dam and we could prolly get a good deal on photos....and the hotels in robbinsville is a good bet also..everyone can have their bike close to the rooms versus the fontana resort..plus bringing a grill and cookouts was a blast when we went at the san ran hotel...

Deezee
05-10-2010, 02:00 PM
im down to go,im about 7 hours away,and wil have 3 other guys coming along...is the date set yet?

AznYungWun
05-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Date and time?

thaghost
05-14-2010, 11:37 AM
im down to go,im about 7 hours away,and wil have 3 other guys coming along...is the date set yet?

Date and time?

Sept 8-12. For those of you are real interested in going, copy the list of people in my first post and add your name and re-post. :shakehand

TribalCBR06
05-14-2010, 04:24 PM
I'm interested, but currently don't have a truck to bring my bike up there (hellz no i'm not riding 10+hrs to TN).

Phatstud
05-14-2010, 11:10 PM
A wk right after Indy GP...

Tony tiger
05-17-2010, 08:37 PM
SWEET!!! A date is finally set. Any word on the T-shirts yet? I'm still down for one!!:banger:

byebye_sti
05-17-2010, 08:45 PM
Put my name on the list; I'm down.

War Machine
05-17-2010, 09:40 PM

You're not going without me !!!! haha

Gat0rBait
05-19-2010, 05:38 PM
Never been to the gap would love to go, ill keep an eye on this. I would trailer mine thats a long ride.

Tony tiger
05-19-2010, 10:58 PM
I can get some vinyl stickers made for the event if anyone is interested...Also willing to accept any design input you guys might have for them too...probably wont be any more than a couple of bucks ea. I had something simple in mind such as 600rr.net logo, 1st annual Dragon meet, 2010 maybe with the dragon pic on it somehow..ideas???

thaghost
05-20-2010, 08:24 AM
I can get some vinyl stickers made for the event if anyone is interested...Also willing to accept any design input you guys might have for them too...probably wont be any more than a couple of bucks ea. I had something simple in mind such as 600rr.net logo, 1st annual Dragon meet, 2010 maybe with the dragon pic on it somehow..ideas???

fosho..thatd be awesome

Phatstud
05-20-2010, 09:07 PM
I like stickers...

Tony tiger
05-20-2010, 09:24 PM
I myself am a sticker whore!! LOL so do either of you guys have any design ideas? size? colors? content?

Rocky Top Rider
06-12-2010, 09:15 AM
i'm in. i live here so i can help out with what ever. a good friend of mine dave, owns us129photos.com he also races an rr. thaghost if ya want me 2 i can look into a group package/deal for photos for the event. btw it is still closed on the tn side, but actually better. thp has 2 units on the road at all times. not nec. a bad thing once you are past both units it's all good. more importantly no semi traffic.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2hg449f.png

1. Thaghost
2. Thakurtis
3. fast03600rr

4. Lean.In.
5. Phatstud?
6. Tony Tiger
7. MXrider
8. idsmokeu2
9. renato??
10. powermoose1
12. garcia0612
13. thirdgenlxi
14. scott7689
15. Divinstrike
16. Turnerman
17. Rocky Top Rider

Hambo
06-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Schedule permitting I'm down for this one!!

Grab_Ths
06-15-2010, 08:52 PM
Wow!!! I had no idea I have been on that route before. But it was in a Jeep cherokee, hella fun road, couldn't imagine what a blast it would be on two wheels. We were staying in Gatlinburg, took the route all the way to Cherokee NC, then came back. I will look at my schedule, coming from Hampton Roads Va, it would be an 8 or so hour ride from my house to get to that area. September might work, depending on how busy we are.

I will provide updated info once I have my schedule...

Looks like a blast!!!:cheers:

SpeedCretinRR
06-16-2010, 04:40 PM
fosho..thatd be awesome

A couple of buddies and I (we live around Bloomington, IN) are talking about making a trip. Ill let them know about this, sounds like fun.

Dryice
07-05-2010, 12:52 PM
1. Thaghost
2. Thakurtis
3. fast03600rr
4. Lean.In.
5. Phatstud?
6. Tony Tiger
7. MXrider
8. idsmokeu2
9. renato??
10. powermoose1
12. garcia0612
13. thirdgenlxi
14. scott7689
15. Divinstrike
16. Turnerman
17. Rocky Top Rider
18. dryice (+1)

AZrider19
07-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Dam i get home in october! id definitely drive out there for this to. hopefully next year.

War Machine
07-10-2010, 02:13 PM
http://vholdr.com/node/26527 Video of one of the roads.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tail-of-the-Dragon/189631058066 Photos of the rockslide.

CollapsedNut
07-11-2010, 12:04 AM
Im in. Im not far away from it at all.

1. Thaghost
2. Thakurtis
3. fast03600rr

4. Lean.In.
5. Phatstud?
6. Tony Tiger
7. MXrider
8. idsmokeu2
9. renato??
10. powermoose1
12. garcia0612
13. thirdgenlxi
14. scott7689
15. Divinstrike
16. Turnerman
17. CollapsedNut(Matt)

docwannaB
07-12-2010, 02:20 PM
omfg yes! i am down, been wanting to go

Lean.In.
07-13-2010, 09:37 PM
rode up there yesterday, about 7 PM. No cops, and only about 15 people up there total...including a car of 3 people. It was awesome...although I guy I met up there said he almost ran into a black bear that was in the road...right before I got there.

Spectre
07-20-2010, 02:47 PM
if it is solid for sept 8-12 I am down

way2qk4u2c
07-20-2010, 02:59 PM
i got a group going sept 22nd fyi- not to change the subject... but if you guys dont end up going at those dates then push for sept 22nd :)

War Machine
07-20-2010, 11:41 PM
I am going in the fall for sure but haven't set a date yet.

kidnplay01
07-20-2010, 11:53 PM
hmm, im bookmarking this for when i go back to the USA i may have to do this road, thanks. Let us all know what happens from the ride, whom slayed the dragon and whom slid off the dragon like at Mullholland drive every week.. But of course its not that we want to see bike accidents, but some are a good learning tool.

Slowbagger
07-27-2010, 11:29 AM
so since we're less than a month away, whos actually coming? i'm definitely down if we get a good group going...

1. Thaghost
2. Thakurtis
3. fast03600rr-confirmed
4. Lean.In.
5. Phatstud?
6. Tony Tiger
7. MXrider
8. idsmokeu2
9. renato??
10. powermoose1
12. garcia0612
13. thirdgenlxi
14. scott7689
15. Divinstrike
16. Turnerman
17. CollapsedNut(Matt)
18. Spectre

thirdgenlxi
07-27-2010, 11:50 PM
so since we're less than a month away, whos actually coming? i'm definitely down if we get a good group going...

1. Thaghost
2. Thakurtis
3. fast03600rr-confirmed
4. Lean.In.
5. Phatstud?
6. Tony Tiger
7. MXrider
8. idsmokeu2
9. renato??
10. powermoose1
12. garcia0612
13. thirdgenlxi - confirmed
14. scott7689
15. Divinstrike
16. Turnerman
17. CollapsedNut(Matt)
18. Spectre

I thought this was in September???

I'm in either way.... not sure I'll stay the night, might just head out sat morning and head back that evening

Slowbagger
07-28-2010, 01:40 AM
your right.. i was confused. more than a month away.

SHORTSTACK
07-28-2010, 02:50 AM
i wouldnt mind going. ill have to bring my wife. i dont have a trailor so i cant bring the bike. we can be a sweep vehicle if youd like. let me know.

Javi.NES
07-28-2010, 03:15 AM
Any riders from fl going? If so I'd be more than down, coming from Miami.

Turnerman
07-28-2010, 12:12 PM
Unfortunately I won't be able to attend this one - my wife was notified she has to attend an out-of-state class during the same time this meetup will happen...damn.

Slowbagger
07-30-2010, 07:50 PM
so whats up with er'body? i would like to know if this is going down so i can schedule vacation at work...

1. Thaghost
2. Thakurtis
3. fast03600rr-confirmed
4. Lean.In.
5. Phatstud?
6. Tony Tiger
7. MXrider
8. idsmokeu2
9. renato??
10. powermoose1
12. garcia0612
14. scott7689
15. Divinstrike
16. Turnerman
17. CollapsedNut(Matt)
18. Spectre

Rocky Top Rider
08-01-2010, 08:21 AM
i b there. rode it last nite w some extremely fast ppl.

1. Thaghost
2. Thakurtis
3. fast03600rr-confirmed
4. Lean.In.
5. Phatstud?
6. Tony Tiger
7. MXrider
8. idsmokeu2
9. renato??
10. powermoose1
12. garcia0612
14. scott7689
15. Divinstrike
16. Turnerman
17. CollapsedNut(Matt)
18. Spectre
19. rockytoprider -confirmed

BOSS HOGG LOU
08-01-2010, 11:47 PM
I have been wanting to ride up there for a while. I'm down, but only for saturday. I will ride up there from GA, hang out for the day, then ride back that evening. My friend wants to come, but he has a GSXR-750. So should I tell him hell no, or come on?

Rocky Top Rider
08-02-2010, 08:40 PM
My friend wants to come, but he has a GSXR-750. So should I tell him hell no, or come on?

bring the gixxer. . . this gixxer will b there one of the locals. . . ya'll hang w him u've done something

http://i26.tinypic.com/208yx00.jpg

Phatstud
08-03-2010, 09:07 PM
i wouldnt mind going. ill have to bring my wife. i dont have a trailor so i cant bring the bike. we can be a sweep vehicle if youd like. let me know.

I will most likely be in the WRX myself. Hoping to add a little suspension work if I get a chance.

I'll bring extra tshirts and gopros :crackup:

finallymine04
08-03-2010, 09:14 PM
would love to go but that is too late in the year. i will be back at school already and will probly not have the funds. sadface

Slowbagger
08-04-2010, 01:43 AM
I will most likely be in the WRX myself. Hoping to add a little suspension work if I get a chance.

I'll bring extra tshirts and gopros :crackup:
ur sh1t is weak..... ride your damn bike at least once this year :drunk: :crackup:

War Machine
08-04-2010, 12:04 PM
ur sh1t is weak..... ride your damn bike at least once this year :drunk: :crackup:

Yeah, a biker without a bike ........ weak.

scott7689
08-06-2010, 11:27 AM
1. Thaghost
2. Thakurtis
3. fast03600rr-confirmed
4. Lean.In.
5. Phatstud?
6. Tony Tiger
7. MXrider
8. idsmokeu2
9. renato??
10. powermoose1
12. garcia0612
14. scott7689(+1)-confirmed
15. Divinstrike
16. Turnerman
17. CollapsedNut(Matt)
18. Spectre
19. rockytoprider -confirmed

thaghost
08-06-2010, 11:50 AM
1. Thaghost +1 -confirmed
2. Thakurtis
3. fast03600rr-confirmed
4. Lean.In.
5. Phatstud?
6. Tony Tiger
7. MXrider
8. idsmokeu2
9. renato??
10. powermoose1
12. garcia0612
14. scott7689(+1)-confirmed
15. Divinstrike
16. Turnerman
17. CollapsedNut(Matt)
18. Spectre
19. rockytoprider

Phatstud
08-06-2010, 03:29 PM

bwahahaha yeah I know!

Slowbagger
08-11-2010, 01:26 PM
i think i'm backing out!! i rode to niagra falls on my dads electra glide last weekend and it wore me out... it was about the same distance as deals is from my house so i'm sure on my rr i would die... we will see as time passes though lol...

thirdgenlxi
08-12-2010, 01:32 AM
i think i'm backing out!! i rode to niagra falls on my dads electra glide last weekend and it wore me out... it was about the same distance as deals is from my house so i'm sure on my rr i would die... we will see as time passes though lol...

Awwww come on, it's not that bad.... trips get better each time you do one :cruising:

Slowbagger
08-12-2010, 01:46 AM
Awwww come on, it's not that bad.... trips get better each time you do one :cruising:
yea i know.... im still not completely sure.. definitely gotta find some stock clip ons if its going to happen though..

Avinator
08-12-2010, 12:53 PM
where is this meet at? I live in Orlando Florida

docwannaB
08-12-2010, 01:06 PM
http://www.dealsgap.com/SubID1/dgmap_09.pdfwhere is this meet at? I live in Orlando Florida

TN 10hr 20min(going the posted speed limit, and clear traffic) 613 miles from you,

Phatstud
08-12-2010, 02:08 PM

Not all of us put a bazillion miles on our bikes now :)

thirdgenlxi
08-13-2010, 09:57 PM
Not all of us put a bazillion miles on our bikes now :)

:crackup::crackup: Ok ok... understood. I haven't got quite a bazillion yet though, I'm only a hair over a trillion.... so far :cruising:

BrowningBuck
08-18-2010, 12:11 PM
alright guys im looking at making the trip, 1800 miles(one way) will be fun (of course itll be in a truck) but none the less im still trying to make it, the boss is gunna be pissed since ill have to take like 5 days off, but screw it. its the holy grail of street riding for god sakes

Spectre
08-18-2010, 02:09 PM

The ride out isn't that bad on the RR, it is the ride back. But just take extra breaks on the way back and you will be fine.

BTW...I am 99% postitve I will be there.

Slowbagger
08-18-2010, 07:36 PM
The ride out isn't that bad on the RR, it is the ride back. But just take extra breaks on the way back and you will be fine.

BTW...I am 99% postitve I will be there.
yea i did a 2k mile trip on the rr when i was stationed in north dakota. i think i'm probably going to end up coming. i had some financial things that were going to happen but i think we're putting them on hold for a couple months. i'm actually getting ready to put a 43t rear sprocket back on my bike and i've got a 17t front i'm going to stick on there just to see what kinda mileage i can get :drunk: i'm also going to fab up some ghetto raised bars to fit into my clipons..

Slowbagger
08-18-2010, 07:38 PM
alright guys im looking at making the trip, 1800 miles(one way) will be fun (of course itll be in a truck) but none the less im still trying to make it, the boss is gunna be pissed since ill have to take like 5 days off, but screw it. its the holy grail of street riding for god sakes
thats awesome man! i guess i can make a 1k'ish ride if you can make a 3600 mile drive lmao

Phatstud
08-18-2010, 08:57 PM
You guys are hardcore...

BrowningBuck
08-19-2010, 11:13 AM
has anyone planned what route that is going to be taken, or whats happing the three or four days you are out there? where is everyone staying?

Slowbagger
08-19-2010, 09:01 PM
has anyone planned what route that is going to be taken, or whats happing the three or four days you are out there? where is everyone staying?
i dunno of any planned route or any planned time to meet lol...

i'm crashing at chenhan's whether he knows it or not :drunk:

Phatstud
08-19-2010, 09:59 PM
Hmm...interesting...

scott7689
08-19-2010, 11:17 PM
We are staying at fontana village. There are a ton of roads to choose from for routes. The skyway is my personal favorite. Foothills parkway. Not too far away in Oliver Springs is the devil's triangle. Anyone...?? :drunk:

areax
08-20-2010, 06:04 AM
Just a little off topic but I'm heading down the 21st to ride for the day.. and hopefully I'll be able to make the trip next month.

Are there any MC parts stores around this area?

Rocky Top Rider
08-20-2010, 07:07 AM
rtr is bailing. . . well sorta. going 2 lil tally for a track day on sat. bike will proly b in track trim that week. i still have another 1 2 ride, but it's a slow pig.

scott7689
08-20-2010, 08:59 AM
^ Bring it anyway. You can just keep up w/ my roommate. (he's a little slow but we're workin on it)

BrowningBuck
08-20-2010, 10:27 AM
Slow is a realitize term to a bunch of people that have never riden together. you have no clue if the spread of ability is going to range from AMA fast ability, to stupid fast all balls no brain ability, down to slow as a snail and everywere inbetween. but thats the great thing. its a social event and hopefully the egos dont ruin it. i usally have a problem with riding in a group that is this big, but we will see. i think i may stay at the famious two wheel inn. any other suggestions?

scott7689
08-20-2010, 11:09 AM
I wasnt categorizing anyone but my roommate b/c I ride with him. Each rider should ride at their own comfort level and ability. But it would probably be best if we dont ride in one large group everywhere. Probably best to split up into a few groups depending on how many we have come. Put fast with fast and slower with slower riders. Just set a location to meet up and go.

scott7689
08-20-2010, 11:09 AM
And BB Im way stoked to see your bike. Gorgeous!

undesiRRed
08-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Slow is a realitize term to a bunch of people that have never riden together. you have no clue if the spread of ability is going to range from AMA fast ability, to stupid fast all balls no brain ability, down to slow as a snail and everywere inbetween. but thats the great thing. its a social event and hopefully the egos dont ruin it. i usally have a problem with riding in a group that is this big, but we will see. i think i may stay at the famious two wheel inn. any other suggestions?

Not to mention there are copes EVERYWHERE on that route and they don't hesitate to give out aggravated speeding tickets like a pedo gives out candy.

You guys should have a ton of fun though. I've done the route in my supercharged tC and it was a blast even at lower speeds. My motorcycle experience level does not warrant that far of a ride just yet. Hopefully next year!

BrowningBuck
08-20-2010, 11:50 AM
transportation has been a issue with this trip, and i have even toyed with the idea of buying a pedo van for this trip (and track days and other road trips)... ohhh yes it will have a free candy sticker on it and the pedo pedo bear ;) ... but i will see you guys there for sure one way or another.

Rocky Top Rider
08-20-2010, 10:32 PM
^ Bring it anyway. You can just keep up w/ my roommate. (he's a little slow but we're workin on it)

i will b there as much as possible. . . put me in the slow group. i'd hate to pass an rr on my hd :crackup:

i keed. i keed

Smoke05
08-20-2010, 11:09 PM
damn i just got back from there, thats where the pic on my avatar is from......good luck u guys and remember leafers will begin to be down there this time of year so more traffic especially slow traffic because of tourists.....

War Machine
08-23-2010, 12:27 AM
damn i just got back from there, thats where the pic on my avatar is from......good luck u guys and remember leafers will begin to be down there this time of year so more traffic especially slow traffic because of tourists.....

First cagers, now leafers ................. jeez.

BrowningBuck
08-23-2010, 12:38 PM
i have an idea, i just bought a van for this trip. we park it in the middle of the road and block traffic, wait 5 min, then ride!

im just joking, but if leafers are there, they better pray to god i dont bring my zombie killing collection!!!

BrowningBuck
08-23-2010, 01:25 PM
Just realized it should be dead out there, everyone would be out tgere for the holiday weekend just before and hopefully it'll be dead the weekend we are there

Phatstud
08-23-2010, 02:02 PM
Should be less people on the NC side too. And those roads are much more fun :)
Skyway FTW!

BrowningBuck
08-23-2010, 02:05 PM
is that the road around lake Santeetlah? being im there for three days i plan on riding ever decent road i can find, and that loop look AWESOME

Phatstud
08-23-2010, 02:13 PM
Not sure what the lake or whatever is called there.
But it's a bunch of high speed sweepers, very fun.

BrowningBuck
08-23-2010, 02:29 PM
well get you a$$ out there and show me this road ;)

Slowbagger
08-23-2010, 09:45 PM
i just finished up my ghetto handle bar risers for the trip lol.. they slide into my clip ons and have about a 2 1/2" rise to them.... hoping i have the clearance for everything but wont know til tonight...

scott7689
08-25-2010, 08:59 AM
We are all set and ready to go. Got the cabin booked and everything. We should get some sort of rough itinerary(sp?) together so we can all meet up and have some sort of organization for all this.

AA600RR
08-25-2010, 10:05 PM
I agree about the skyway being more fun than the dragon due to traffic. Dont get me wrong, the dragon is a feat itself. Cool thing too is you get to view all the pictures from killboy, moonshine and us129 photos. We went during the weekda july 14-16th and there definitely was hardly any traffic and cops. We stayed at this cabin right off the skyway for bout 100 per night, sleeps three individuals or couples easily with a garage and everything.

BrowningBuck
08-25-2010, 11:25 PM
Some one please educate me on the skyway! Where is it? Which road I mean?

Rocky Top Rider
08-26-2010, 07:21 AM
Some one please educate me on the skyway! Where is it? Which road I mean?

it's a great ride. high speed sweepers with some decreasing radius turns. 70-90 mph knee down...

. . if ya'll want a good loop. 129 - robbinsville - skyway - hwy 360 - hwy 411 - 129. . .

http://www.cherohala.org/images/imagespresskit/cherohalamap2.jpg

http://www.cherohala.org/

BrowningBuck
08-26-2010, 10:56 AM
thank you! this is one i was planning on riding anyway. van is almost preped, just need new tires an alignment and go get it registered. we are leaving here Sept 4th early AM should be there mid day Sept 5. will be riding all the roads mid week and hanging out on the weekend. then leaving Sept 11th.

scott7689
08-26-2010, 11:10 AM
We will be up there friday evening (the 10th) and will be riding til the sun goes down and then all day saturday and heading home in time for work on sunday afternoon. We should plan a group ride on the loop RTR mentioned. Its a nice ride and takes about 5-7 hours depending on the pace.

kleinbbc
08-26-2010, 04:28 PM
I will be coming up from tampa with friends and riding thursday through sunday. Hope to see or meet up with you guys. Thursday the gap then heading out around the park way.
So If you see so guy with a backpack on a red 07 cbr600 that will be me.

Slowbagger
08-26-2010, 07:08 PM
i'll be heading down on the 9th to phatstuds place in bristol then hopefully meet up with some peeps on friday

Rocky Top Rider
08-26-2010, 07:48 PM
[QUOTE=Rocky Top Rider;2837716] here is a pic of my ride. i'll be around early part of the week esp. early in the morning before the pirates take the road over. . .
http://i46.tinypic.com/2hg449f.png

scott7689
08-27-2010, 11:27 AM
So who is going to be there saturday? So we can possibly set up a ride. We can set up somewhere to meet and go from there

BrowningBuck
08-27-2010, 01:06 PM
im in.......

jerzeystyle
08-27-2010, 01:25 PM
The dragon is awesome. I went last year, and had a grin on my face for about a week after I got home.

I highly recommend the two wheel in. Super friendly owners and heck having a garage for your bike isnt too shabby either.

Hope everyone has fun.

thirdgenlxi
08-27-2010, 05:25 PM
So who is going to be there saturday? So we can possibly set up a ride. We can set up somewhere to meet and go from there

I'll likely head out there saturday... possibly friday night but otherwise saturday. You coming in on saturday??

The dragon is awesome. I went last year, and had a grin on my face for about a week after I got home.

I highly recommend the two wheel in. Super friendly owners and heck having a garage for your bike isnt too shabby either.
Hope everyone has fun.

Yea Two Wheel Inn is awesome! Stayed there myself not all too long ago... owners are super cool

So where was everybody planning on staying at?? Deals Gap Resort? Fontana? Do we have a planned meeting time and place so we can all find each other??

Rocky Top Rider
08-27-2010, 09:23 PM

wish i could be there with ya'll. i'm going to lil tally friday afternoon. if ur looking to buy pics, look david up with us129photos. he races n rr n is an excellent photog. if ur buying pics i highly recommend him.

http://i37.tinypic.com/23udf9d.jpg

thirdgenlxi
08-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Sooo anybody else staying at the Deals Gap Resort?? I'm thinking of just camping out there in the tent....

BrowningBuck
08-29-2010, 09:51 PM
I'm camping in a van, I'll park next to you, just trying to figure out showers at moment... But trying to stick to areas that are free.

thirdgenlxi
08-30-2010, 01:06 AM
I'm camping in a van, I'll park next to you, just trying to figure out showers at moment... But trying to stick to areas that are free.

Alright cool.... Deals Gap Resort has a bath house with showers and everything for people who camp, though I'm not sure if it's locked or not or how that works (never camped there before). Guess we'll figure that out when we get there, lol

I'm not sure whether I'll be out there friday night or saturday morning. If I come out friday night it'll have to be after work, so I might not get out there until 8:30-9:00. If it's slow though I'm sure I can talk my boss into letting me leave early... he's always cool with that. But either way, this is the tent I'll be staying in.... (and yes I know my tent is set up in my living room, hahah :retard:)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15/thirdgenlxi/07f4793d.jpg

And I'm riding my bike out there, so it'll likely be parked right next to the tent

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15/thirdgenlxi/6777ac9f.jpg

So keep an eye out for me... I don't know much of anybody and to be honest I'm kinda shy so sometimes don't always go up to people and strike up a convo, so if you see me by all means come say what's up :ciao:

Tony tiger
08-30-2010, 09:22 AM
I'll most likely be up on Saturday morning. I'm still debating on coming up Friday and camping or not...I'm only a little over 2 hours away anyway. Either way Saturday is a definate. If anyone comes up with a meeting time and place hit me up. cell (423-650-2560) Rodney.

Pacalypse
08-31-2010, 06:05 PM
im down! :)

DivineStrike
08-31-2010, 09:16 PM
I would really like to pull through on this one but I don't think I can manage spending the money for the correct gear for a ride like this :( if I were closer and i could go all leisurely then sure but I know I'd be tempted...looks like I'm gonna have to wait till the next g2g.

BrowningBuck
09-01-2010, 09:41 AM
i feel your pain, this trip has growingly consumed my wallet! first it was the van, then the 2 pitbull restraints(eff they are expensive), then i need ball joints for the van, then tires, now registration, all this and i havent even left the driveway... is still have an estimated $800(4000 miles) in gas to spend. oh well, a week camped out on the dragon and all the other roads will make it worth it!!!!

Phatstud
09-01-2010, 01:27 PM
I more than likely won't be able to make it.

Spectre
09-01-2010, 03:55 PM
WTF chenhan...if you are going to be a b!tch, I guess I can put the passenger seat on the bike.

BrowningBuck
09-01-2010, 04:58 PM
Bwhahhaha!!!! Good call spec.

Slowbagger
09-01-2010, 06:18 PM
i'm not making it either. i need to get to the track this year at least once and i need tires too so i gotta make some sacrifices....

shaun006
09-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Anyone from Florida, southeast Georgia, or coastal South Carolina going with extra room on their trailer? I'd rather not ride all of the 8 hours to get there. Would accomodate your travel schedule as I am temporarily unemployed.

scott7689
09-03-2010, 02:56 PM
We are going to be at the deals gap motorcycle resort at about 7 saturday morning to run through the dragon before all the cagers and cops get out there if anyone feels like getting together and riding that and the skyway and such.

BrowningBuck
09-03-2010, 04:15 PM
im headed that way tomorrow.... will be there the 5th around 3pm ish

thirdgenlxi
09-03-2010, 05:28 PM
im headed that way tomorrow.... will be there the 5th around 3pm ish

Awesome dude... I think you'll win the longest trip to the meet award! haha :banger:

Have a safe trip... I'll see you there! Did you put the 'free candy' stickers on the pedo van?? :retard: LOL

thirdgenlxi
09-03-2010, 05:39 PM
Hey BB... so you're gonna be in around 3 pm on sunday then?? I completely forgot this was a 3 day weekend and I don't have to work monday.... might head out there sun afternoon myself if you're down to meet up then.... I've got nothing else to do, lol. Camp out sun night and head back monday sometime, then head out there again next weekend too

BrowningBuck
09-03-2010, 05:59 PM
hell yeah i have the free stickers!!! and yeah id be down im planning on riding most of the week to hit up some of the popular roads during the week and the less popular ones on the weekends.

thirdgenlxi
09-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Sounds like a plan then... I'll head out there sunday early afternoon and prob be there by the time you get there. I'll keep an eye out for ya...

Phatstud
09-03-2010, 06:33 PM
WTF chenhan...if you are going to be a b!tch, I guess I can put the passenger seat on the bike.

Hahaha sorry man.
I really shouldn't have went to Indy in the first place because I'm broke and I can't afford to take any more time off work.
I'm still way in the whole with the tshirt deal and I still have court in 2wks over some bs misplaced paperwork by the State...FML.

Hasn't been a good month for me.

Rocky Top Rider
09-04-2010, 04:01 AM
rode the hill yesterday. busy as usual this time of year. if u want clean passes get there early or late. i was up at 09am n didn't get a clean run....

browing buck i will proly ride one morning this week. not sure what day yet, i'll pm you when i kno.

i talked with the photogs yesterday they kno ya'll r coming. stop n tell em who ya'll r n they will take extra pics.

BrowningBuck
09-04-2010, 04:28 PM
Sweet thanks rocky!!! Current update we are leaving WY coming Into NE. 7 hours so far only like 20 more to go.

BrowningBuck
09-05-2010, 02:07 AM
Eff Kansas city!!!

thirdgenlxi
09-05-2010, 02:20 AM
Eff Kansas city!!!

LOL.... Kansas... I don't envy you one bit. Not even a little bit :crackup:

769 miles to go.... you still gonna make it there by 3-ish tomorrow?

BrowningBuck
09-05-2010, 03:37 AM
Kansas city MO not Kansas state... Ummm not sure yet I'm 1.5 hours out of st. Louis now

BrowningBuck
09-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Good morning Nashville !!!

Rocky Top Rider
09-05-2010, 09:42 AM
where u stayin browningbuck? i will prolly b up wed morning if everything goes as planned w my schedule. i got a gopro so ill get some vid of ya on the gap if u want.

thirdgenlxi
09-05-2010, 09:47 AM
Good morning Nashville !!!

Oh snap.. you're almost there! I'd better put some clothes on here and get my ass out the door, lol

BrowningBuck
09-05-2010, 10:17 AM
I may need a nap before riding and find a camp spot, right now I'm looking at the north east shore of lake santee

BrowningBuck
09-05-2010, 10:19 AM
Anyone feel free to text me 9286072269

BrowningBuck
09-05-2010, 11:38 AM
While talking to tennesse's finest about state law requiring a rear bumper, he stated that us129 should be heavily patrolled... Not sure if it's true but I can see it

Phatstud
09-05-2010, 05:50 PM
damn....baller!

thirdgenlxi
09-05-2010, 11:18 PM
damn....baller!

You..... need to get your ass down here, Mister! :poke:

Met up with BrowningBuck and his girl today.... did some riding, some eating, some hanging out.... good times indeed :banger: Back at it again tomorrow.....

Slowbagger
09-05-2010, 11:25 PM
wish i coulda made it.... wasnt worth listening to the wife complain about it and at least i get to hit up the track. hope you guys have blast and keep it safe.

War Machine
09-06-2010, 01:18 AM
So how many of the riders on the "I'm down to ride the dragon" list actually went/showed up to the 1st annual 600RR.net ?

And how many pussed out?

mountain_man
09-06-2010, 01:36 AM
Im in asheville nc and im very interested in the meet up. PM me with details if you come up with anything!!

AngelGary
09-06-2010, 03:55 AM
Im in asheville nc and im very interested in the meet up. PM me with details if you come up with anything!!

I think you missed it.

Phatstud
09-06-2010, 11:45 AM

Met up with BrowningBuck and his girl today.... did some riding, some eating, some hanging out.... good times indeed :banger: Back at it again tomorrow.....

My financial circumstances won't let me :(

I think you missed it.

Thought most people are meeting up Thur-Sun?

scott7689
09-06-2010, 01:55 PM
The meet is definitely not til next weekend. these are locals and BB came in early. Pretty sure we still have a decent group going. I know ill be there w/ 4 more.

Phatstud
09-06-2010, 05:40 PM

Hey if you want to buy a couple GoPros from me and a color of each tshirt I could possibly personally deliver them to you down there haha!

Phatstud
09-06-2010, 05:40 PM
wish i coulda made it.... wasnt worth listening to the wife complain about it and at least i get to hit up the track. hope you guys have blast and keep it safe.

Duct tape man....duct tape :crackup:

thirdgenlxi
09-06-2010, 11:37 PM
Hey if you want to buy a couple GoPros from me and a color of each tshirt I could possibly personally deliver them to you down there haha!

You know I do need a GoPro here soon.... coming up on 200k and I must make a video of it. How much... I'll see what I can do

scott7689
09-07-2010, 08:51 AM
Ill take one of each of the shirts in a medium! :) just sayin

BrowningBuck
09-07-2010, 01:22 PM
Man a gopro kinda sounds nice right now... I what's the cost on an hd?

Here is where we are camped in a white van
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s89/browningbuck/3d01f51c.jpg

thirdgenlxi
09-07-2010, 02:10 PM
Man a gopro kinda sounds nice right now... I what's the cost on an hd?

Here is where we are camped in a white van
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s89/browningbuck/3d01f51c.jpg

I still can't find it on the map, even the one on my iphone I can't find anything that matches that pic. I rode around for an hour yesterday too and never did find it. Any way you can get an address or closest cross street or something? Coordinates? LOL

shaun006
09-07-2010, 02:31 PM
Looks like the laddies may be joining you guys this weekend. Found this on the Deals Gap website: http://dealsgap.com/calendar_events.htm
Oh, oh, oh, and Honda Civics as well!

BrowningBuck
09-07-2010, 05:24 PM
That's road number 1147 for the santeetlah marinan then you go 170 degrees to left at the stop sign at the bottom of the hill all are welcome to camp here we have tons of room and water... Green sign says thunder mountain too

If the 928 607 2269 doesn't get me try 801 634 4796

Phatstud
09-07-2010, 06:42 PM
I still can't find it on the map, even the one on my iphone I can't find anything that matches that pic. I rode around for an hour yesterday too and never did find it. Any way you can get an address or closest cross street or something? Coordinates? LOL

You need a bigger flashlight :)

War Machine
09-07-2010, 10:15 PM
Too bad I'm going to miss the girl sportbikers, be my luck that they'd be all butches w/ butches (ug-lesbos) on the back anyway, haha.

thirdgenlxi
09-07-2010, 10:42 PM
Too bad I'm going to miss the girl sportbikers, be my luck that they'd be all butches w/ butches (ug-lesbos) on the back anyway, haha.

You're not gonna make it to the meet??

War Machine
09-07-2010, 11:15 PM
You're not gonna make it to the meet??

I couldn't get that week off. :banghead:

I just booked Sept. 20-24th at two wheel inn, so I'll be there in 2 weeks. So if anyone wants to meet up then, let me know.

thirdgenlxi
09-07-2010, 11:24 PM
I couldn't get that week off. :banghead:

I just booked Sept. 20-24th at two wheel inn, so I'll be there in 2 weeks. So if anyone wants to meet up then, let me know.

Well damn... I'll be out there again the 25-26 for the sportbikes.net meet, lol

Two Wheel Inn is great, btw! :thumbup:

awd-turbo
09-08-2010, 08:49 AM
i was just out at the outer banks.... at duck! i wont make this meet. however i will be up in the mountains!

Spectre
09-08-2010, 08:51 AM
Walking out my door now...should be there some time this evening.

BB, I am stopping by Chenhan's on the way down and will bring your GoPro down with me.

Phatstud
09-08-2010, 04:51 PM
^w00t!

Thanks!

BrowningBuck
09-08-2010, 05:39 PM
I'm just sitting here waiting for everything to dry out after our morning rain. So when are you getting here spec ? Are ou camping or you got a room?

Phatstud
09-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Here's here in Bristol right now at my shop messing with his GoPro :)

DivineStrike
09-08-2010, 09:23 PM
man, I hope we can schedule another mini g2g later this year...so sucks i can't go. Guess that's what I get for slackin on gettin my gear in a timely manner.

Spectre
09-08-2010, 11:57 PM
FML, that was a long ride. Took WAY longer than it should have.

shaun006
09-09-2010, 08:55 AM
I'm packing right now for the ride up from South Georgia. Suggestions on where to book a room? I was thinking the two-wheel inn. See you guys tonight!

Spectre
09-09-2010, 09:15 AM
If anybody wants to meet up you can call or text me @ 410 279 7920

thirdgenlxi
09-09-2010, 12:02 PM
If anybody wants to meet up you can call or text me @ 410 279 7920

Saved... guess I should put my number up here too in case anyone needs to get ahold of me... 954-591-9960 call or text. I have spotty service up here so leave a message if no answer...

Phatstud
09-09-2010, 02:40 PM
Time to spam members...bwahaha i kid i kid

farbio615
09-09-2010, 10:45 PM
Should be there tomorrow. Gotta see what the old mans plans are but should be able to meet a few ppl

Spectre
09-09-2010, 10:55 PM
Meeting BB and his girl at 8:45 at his van down by the lake...then we will be at the deals gap resort about 9:15 and probably roll out around 9:30. If anyone wants to meet up feel free. The dragon was dead at 9:15 so hopefully we can get a good ride in without slow ass people on cruisers messing up the ride (right before the photographers...every time).

scott7689
09-10-2010, 08:51 AM
My numbers 4234632514. Should be up there this evening. Would love to hook up with some other RRs to ride saturday. Planning to be at deals gap at 7-715 to beat the cops and traffic out there

j_fuggin_t
09-10-2010, 12:19 PM
if i would have never got on the "track pipe" i would have gone no doubt, but the little RR is now a track weapon only.. have fun guys & watch for Blount County ;)

BrowningBuck
09-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Holy crap I had fun. I think spec and I have some good footage captured with our gopros and really gave the dragon a run for it's money... We never went over 30 ;).... Anyway I will def. Be down to make another 4k mile trip for this event next year. Hope that we see more than 5 people there next time. Oh amd by chance we came across our admin here on the site! He came from canada or Ontario or soemthing like that, it's cool getting to meet him too.

War Machine
09-11-2010, 04:38 PM
Holy crap I had fun. I think spec and I have some good footage captured with our gopros and really gave the dragon a run for it's money... We never went over 30 ;).... Anyway I will def. Be down to make another 4k mile trip for this event next year. Hope that we see more than 5 people there next time. Oh amd by chance we came across our admin here on the site! He came from canada or Ontario or soemthing like that, it's cool getting to meet him too.

Can't wait to see the footage you guys shot, post a link here or footage here when you get it uploaded.

:+1:

Phatstud
09-11-2010, 05:45 PM

Sweet.
Glad the Gopro worked out for you, and thanks!

thirdgenlxi
09-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Ok sooooo.....where the f00k was everybody?? Lol

Oh well it was great meeting the 6 people or so. Pics to follow!

War Machine
09-12-2010, 12:10 AM
Ok sooooo.....where the f00k was everybody?? Lol

Oh well it was great meeting the 6 people or so. Pics to follow!

Ok, now I can ask also. Where were all these peeps who said "yeah, I'm there man" ? And put their self on the list to show up, then didn't.

Spectre
09-12-2010, 01:09 AM
Ok, now I can ask also. Where were all these peeps who said "yeah, I'm there man" ? And put their self on the list to show up, then didn't.

yeah, according to the poll there are 74 people that are full of weaksauce

throttle response
09-12-2010, 03:39 AM
i live 15 miles from the gap lol

War Machine
09-12-2010, 01:05 PM
i live 15 miles from the gap lol

Your own personal playground, nice, you lucky bastard. :cruising:

newbie04RR
09-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Any pictures or anything guys? I would have loved to make it buuuut I work weekends without the probability of getting off fml

scott7689
09-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Just got home from the trip. Didnt really get to meet too many members. Only 5-6. But had a great time. Saw quite a few nice RRs. Cops weren't too bad. Ill get a couple GoPro videos up shortly

thirdgenlxi
09-12-2010, 05:03 PM
I've got some pictures I'll post up when I get home...on my way home now :-)

Even with the lack of attendance, the members that did show were top notch...good people, so still had a great time. If we do this again next year though we need much MUCH better planing beforehand

Kinda funny by pure coincidence ran into two other people I knew from other places, one dude from back when I was in Florida and haven't seen or heard from in 3-4 years..could believe he still recognized me and remembered my name and everything, lol

BrowningBuck
09-12-2010, 07:11 PM
just watched the raw vid, and just like always the camera may add 10 pounds but it tends to shave 20 mph! i felt like i railed some areas like a monster, but watching was more like weaksauce on a great road.

Phatstud
09-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Post it up!!!

BrowningBuck
09-12-2010, 09:32 PM
NO!!! im editing out stuff and putting it together properly before i post it.

DivineStrike
09-12-2010, 10:41 PM
hey, at least i mentioned I wouldn't be able to make it afterall :( but i'm sure I'll be able to another time. Should be sending in my damn house credit thing, ya know a few months after moving in lol, and buy some real gear. It sucked going through winter btw with just a mesh jacket from cycle gear.

thirdgenlxi
09-12-2010, 10:50 PM
I'm home safe n sound, but now my f00king laptop won't boot up or even turn on or anything :-(. Sooo it may be a lil bit before I can get pics up...

War Machine
09-12-2010, 11:45 PM
I'm home safe n sound, but now my f00king laptop won't boot up or even turn on or anything :-(. Sooo it may be a lil bit before I can get pics up...

It may be time to stomp the hell out of it and buy a new one. My old laptop will never work the same again. Act stupid one too many times, and ............... "don't make me stomp a mudhole in your ass".

thirdgenlxi
09-13-2010, 12:01 AM
It may be time to stomp the hell out of it and buy a new one. My old laptop will never work the same again. Act stupid one too many times, and ............... "don't make me stomp a mudhole in your ass".

This one isn't even 3 months old, otherwise I would.... but, it just now booted up and working fine now. Don't think it liked all the rain and humidity this weekend, lol. Kinda weird though I used it last night to play wheel of fortune in my tent cuz it was pouring rain and I was bored, haha... then I get home and it won't do anything

My digi cam quit working for a while last night too after we got soaked on the ride back to the gap store, and my camera was in my pocket for the first couple minutes (I pulled over and put it in my jacket sealed pocket), but then it started working again after I let it sit overnight. I think I need to invest in waterproof.... everything!

Tony tiger
09-13-2010, 07:17 AM
Glad to hear you made it home ok Bro, it was definately a soggy weekend but at least we got in a little ride. :shakehand

shaun006
09-13-2010, 12:16 PM
I was able to get a new front tire put on at Wheeler's motorcycle shop before embarking on the 480 mile trip home. The service was great and I was out of there in about 45 minutes. I was soaked through in no time and waved at all the harley riders taking refuge at a gas station as I rode by. Besides the rain no issues getting back in decent time Saturday night. Thanks to Spectre for letting me crash and only charging me breakfast! Glad to have met the other riders too! It was a fun trip for sure. I need some rain gear and new gloves.

thirdgenlxi
09-13-2010, 01:06 PM
I was able to get a new front tire put on at Wheeler's motorcycle shop before embarking on the 480 mile trip home. The service was great and I was out of there in about 45 minutes. I was soaked through in no time and waved at all the harley riders taking refuge at a gas station as I rode by. Besides the rain no issues getting back in decent time Saturday night. Thanks to Spectre for letting me crash and only charging me breakfast! Glad to have met the other riders too! It was a fun trip for sure. I need some rain gear and new gloves.

Glad you made it home safely! Yea Wheeler is a good guy.... be hard pressed to find a more honest shop. Great meeting you the other night....

I need to remember to bring my rain gear with me, lol. Sat night we ate at that same mexican restaurant in robbinsville, and on the way back the sky let loose soooo bad, raindrops the size of golf balls + fog = roughly 15-20 mph for the last 6 miles or so, from way before the dam, all the way up to the gap store. Had to ride with visors open just to see the road. To say we were utterly soaked would be a gross understatement, and where was my rain gear?? Where else but sitting in my backpack inside the tent! LOL Oh well...

scott7689
09-13-2010, 02:41 PM
Yeah luckily for that storm I was back at my cabin in fontana :)

j_fuggin_t
09-13-2010, 07:59 PM
ahh this makes me want street bike again!! heres a video of my buddy joe & I a while back chasing an AMG through there (pre extreme police days) i'm in front & my buddy is filming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QERY7zHAatU

War Machine
09-13-2010, 10:32 PM
Nice vid jt, until the cars got in the way.

j_fuggin_t
09-13-2010, 11:43 PM
Yea I used to be able to move through there pretty well. I crashed last year at shadetree & that's where I snapped the frame on the RR (well the rearset mounts anyhow). Now I've relinquished to straight track