: Euro Turn signals on US bikes

Das Bone
03-20-2007, 01:21 PM
Anyone know if the euro spec '07 600RR signals would be a straight plug and play on the US version, etc.?

I didn't see any threads about this so if I'm redundant....sorry.

Rayzorman1
03-20-2007, 01:49 PM
I would assume so, the opening doesn't look any bigger from the pics. Paul has already advised though that to buy a signal, it would be about $110.00 EACH!!

Mutleh
03-20-2007, 02:33 PM
Hi,

I'm a brit (don't call me Euro, what am i, FRENCH? :icon_lol: ... Kidding! ) and Im pretty sure that yes it would be quite expensive because Honda Spares aren't cheap and then you have postage and packing etc.

Probably better off getting some after market ones, other than that maybe search ebay for someone selling them after they've gone and put after markets on.

The real question is, why does the US market have to have such UGLY large things anyway, i guess some law? like the way you have side reflectors on the bikes too. Even before we got smoked ones here in about 05 as OEM kit, they were just the same but with orange lenses, the ones on the US market i last saw about 10 years ago !

Max Power
03-20-2007, 03:07 PM
On the other hand, we don't need that "tax disc" thingy that you Brits have to live with. :)

But, yea, I'm looking around for a better looking (than stock) but still visible/legal/functional alternatives to the gawd awful stock North American signals...

paul46rider
03-20-2007, 03:08 PM
^ no one keeps them on their bike, leave them at home, they get stolen.
Paul

Max Power
03-20-2007, 03:13 PM
I thought you guys got tickets for not having them?

And Paul, gimme your stock signals, I promise I'll be your friend... :)

Mutleh
03-20-2007, 03:18 PM
i dont display a tax disc, they get wet or stolen. I usually keep mine in my wallet with my lucky rubber...

Thing is now, in the UK the police have computerised records of tax, so all they have to do is check your registration plate and they can see if you are taxed or not, ive never had any issue with not displaying, but technically yes, its a 110 fine for not doing so, just don't annoy the copper and I'm sure all will be okay

paul46rider
03-20-2007, 03:20 PM
^ wot he said. lol, everthing is databased now over here,

paul46rider
03-20-2007, 03:22 PM
I thought you guys got tickets for not having them?

And Paul, gimme your stock signals, I promise I'll be your friend... :)

lol, they will be coming off but i'm keeping them, they cost a small fortune to buy again!

had this problem when putting my old rr back to standard

cvlighthouse
03-20-2007, 03:23 PM
I can't believe I'm going to say this...

You can try the 06 Suzuki DRZ400 smoke signals:

http://www.suzukicycles.com/images/gallery/DRZ400SMK6/photos/DRZ400SMK6_act_yellow_B.jpg
http://houseofmotorcycles.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/oem_schematic_view~schem_dept_id~2360433~section_d ept_id~1~section_dept_name~OEM+%28Stock%29+Parts~d ept_type_id~2~model_dept_year~2006~model_dept_mfr~ Suzuki~model_dept_id~2360375~model_dept_name~DR+Z4 00SM.asp

Edit: you might want to do the running light mod here: http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=67579&highlight=running+lights%27

ccc1997
03-20-2007, 05:05 PM
I'll just be getting flush mounts from GC when they are available...

Rayzorman1
03-20-2007, 07:16 PM
I'll just be getting flush mounts from GC when they are available...

I spoke with Gregg last week. He said the lights from the 07 1000RR should fit but he hasn't had a chance to confirm (His words "I haven't got my hands no an 07 RR yet").

He let a set go at a reduced price for me to test them out. If they fit, shabbing! If not, he'll refund my $.

Das Bone
03-20-2007, 07:31 PM
$110 per signal?.....ouch!!!!

That makes it a bit prohibitive to say the least.

It is amazing that all the other Japanese manufacturers have upgraded their OEM signals to look halfway decent and yet Am. Honda still uses the same butt-ugly one's that they've been using forever. They must have initially ordered a bazillion of them to get a price and now are going to continue sticking us with them until they're all used up.

Pat600RR
03-20-2007, 08:08 PM
He said the lights from the 07 1000RR should fit
Aren't they just the same?:book1:

Rayzorman1
03-20-2007, 08:50 PM
^I'm just quoting the man, man

ccc1997
03-22-2007, 08:42 PM
I spoke with Gregg last week. He said the lights from the 07 1000RR should fit but he hasn't had a chance to confirm (His words "I haven't got my hands no an 07 RR yet").

He let a set go at a reduced price for me to test them out. If they fit, shabbing! If not, he'll refund my $.

Please let me know as soon as you try out the GC flushies... Start a new thread and post up some pic's...

thanks!

Gr8ride65
03-22-2007, 09:59 PM
Remember, stock American turn signals are very pricey from Honda too. But they can be found on Ebay for $.99 all day long. Just give it time for the Euro signals to hit Ebay.

Trac226
03-23-2007, 04:22 AM
Remember, stock American turn signals are very pricey from Honda too. But they can be found on Ebay for $.99 all day long. Just give it time for the Euro signals to hit Ebay.

I concur, manufacturing wise, these parts are probably $1.10 max to make.

paul46rider
03-23-2007, 01:02 PM
i don't agree with that make, our honda over here in europe have had those indicators for at least 7 years and you tend not to see them that often on ebay, when u do they are still pricey. everyone know how much they are to replace.
Paul

maxpowers
03-23-2007, 01:22 PM
I'm 99% sold on the new watsen 3-led. Made of aluminum, luxeon led, paint matched. The only thing Im unsure about is whether the recessed fitment issue (as shown in the hotbody flushmount thread) is a problem with Watsen, or did they stick them out further.

BroChaos
03-23-2007, 03:03 PM
i've asked this before a couple of times. i've never been able to find stock euro/JDM turn signals on ebay. i love how they look, and i don't want flushmounts. just wish i could find them somewhere.

crvlvr
03-23-2007, 09:26 PM
any know why the american turn signals have to be so huge when cimpared to the euro ones? what about the canadian ones?

maxpowers
03-23-2007, 09:30 PM
Canadian ones are the same. There must be some stupid law regarding the signal size.

murph111
03-24-2007, 03:33 AM
i've asked this before a couple of times. i've never been able to find stock euro/JDM turn signals on ebay. i love how they look, and i don't want flushmounts. just wish i could find them somewhere.............

+1

hdben
03-24-2007, 02:38 PM
I'm 99% sold on the new watsen 3-led. Made of aluminum, luxeon led, paint matched. The only thing Im unsure about is whether the recessed fitment issue (as shown in the hotbody flushmount thread) is a problem with Watsen, or did they stick them out further.

I was thinking the same thing, they look pretty sweet and supposedly have more light output than previous designs. I'm waiting until someone else gets them first before i buy them, it's a pretty steep price to pay for something that does'nt stick out far enough to be noticed....

Rayzorman1
03-24-2007, 05:54 PM
Please let me know as soon as you try out the GC flushies... Start a new thread and post up some pic's...

thanks!

No go dude, the shape is good but the base on the front side is too deep on the flushmount so it stands up too much. I'll start a new thread later. No time to load up the pics right now.

Just got an e-mail from Gregg. He said the GC's for our bike should be ready in 2-3 weeks. In the interim, we will continue signalling planes with our OEM lights. :)

cvlighthouse
03-25-2007, 06:35 AM
In the interim, we will continue signalling planes with our OEM lights. :)

Right.. And keeping your ass out of some Escalade's grill..

Das Bone
03-25-2007, 12:02 PM

Exactly..............that's why I was hoping that the "UK" signals, which are still large enough to be seen but are much better looking would be a easy and affordable switch.

This is kind of one of those form over function issues for me where function (visibility in this case) is more impotant.

Just have to keep looking I guess.............

Rayzorman1
03-25-2007, 01:26 PM

Dude, you made your point about 98 million times. Thanks again though.