: hey everyone!

teeteeracer
04-19-2007, 02:28 AM
just wanna say hello to everyone. my bike got delivered today! its my very first bike and i'm really excited to ride! here's a pic of me practicing in my alley!
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w285/jaromi15/Bikes006.jpg

makko327
04-19-2007, 02:30 AM
wear your gear homeboy! and welcome to the new addiction

Slowest_One
04-19-2007, 03:14 AM
yes...welcome and congrats! take your time familiarizing yourself with your bike. get good gear, ride within your limits and have a blast.

not to scare you or anything, but riding has it's risks. don't be a bonehead like me...this is what i did to my beloved 636 not too long ago :(

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h172/SlowestOne/wreck2.jpg

Toe
04-19-2007, 03:16 AM
mike....I Still dont know how you did that going 15mph :sign10:

Upirons
04-19-2007, 03:38 AM
Welcome to the board, lots of excellent tips around here. Go through the faqs and be sure not to skip on gear. I recently got one, same color too :)

fruity
04-19-2007, 03:41 AM
ouch!1 frame sliders held up well.

congrats to the new guy, you're one happy chappy i see there. take it slow, get some gear and keep that bike shiney side up as this bike aint newbie friendly.

Slowest_One
04-19-2007, 03:47 AM
although the 07 white seem to be the faster color (for me at least), you nonetheless have a beast of a bike. treat it with respect, and it will love ya back.

and to you Mr. Toe, your Durranis have no match to these babies, which incidentally is on it's merry way to my doorstep :eviltongu

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h172/SlowestOne/10sp_bbh.jpg

Toe
04-19-2007, 04:29 AM
you have got to be shittin me mike!!!
are those Magnesium?
thats it....I quit riding, im buying a damn unicycle and a prius

DTHCoCo
04-19-2007, 04:46 AM
nice bike my fav colour btw, in aus we don't get the white option

teeteeracer
04-19-2007, 09:56 AM
thanks everyone! i'm getting my gear later today with my brother. he picked a gsxr 600. we both got it at the same time. i'll be taking the class soon. its like $300 here in chicago but i think its worth it.

Jbreen1
04-19-2007, 12:03 PM
Take your time with the bike. This bike is very very unforgiving. I've seen several newbies get sportbikes and get stuck in a situation on the street and not know what to do-and have some bad wrecks. You'll be fine as long as you take it slow.

ccc1997
04-19-2007, 12:21 PM
welcome to the zoo...get some gear and enjoy the bike...

Degoviet
04-19-2007, 01:09 PM
welcome, nice bike, already squidding huh??...j/k wear your gear!

luv2ride
04-19-2007, 01:52 PM
thanks everyone! i'm getting my gear later today with my brother. he picked a gsxr 600. we both got it at the same time. i'll be taking the class soon. its like $300 here in chicago but i think its worth it.

$300 that is rediculous, that will only discourage people from taking the class.

Welcome to the addiction, as said, get the gear and ride within your limits, but most of all enjoy the bike.

RC83
04-19-2007, 03:19 PM
$300 that is rediculous, that will only discourage people from taking the class.

Welcome to the addiction, as said, get the gear and ride within your limits, but most of all enjoy the bike.

yeah its like $230 here :eviltongu oh well if it helps keep us safe then its worth it..

but hey teeteeracer was it what you expected? is it difficult to control? have you ever ridden a bike before?

just askin cause im gonna be gettin one soon.. :01_thumbu

07blackcbr
04-19-2007, 03:53 PM
I can chime in on that question a bit...my cbr600rr is my first street bike. Previous to this bike I had only ridden dirt bikes a few times...and not for several years now. The biggest thing to learn as a beginner, at least for me, was slipping the clutch and controlling the throttle....smooth takeoffs. Unless you have absolutely horrible balance, then I could see that being the biggest obstacle. Luckily I have really good balance, I did ride BMX for years...don't know if that helped at all. lol

Oh and ride within your limits, as other have already stated. Learning on a bike like this isn't bad...unless you have no self control, which most people probably don't.

RC83
04-19-2007, 04:08 PM
I can chime in on that question a bit...my cbr600rr is my first street bike. Previous to this bike I had only ridden dirt bikes a few times...and not for several years now. The biggest thing to learn as a beginner, at least for me, was slipping the clutch and controlling the throttle....smooth takeoffs. Unless you have absolutely horrible balance, then I could see that being the biggest obstacle. Luckily I have really good balance, I did ride BMX for years...don't know if that helped at all. lol

Oh and ride within your limits, as other have already stated. Learning on a bike like this isn't bad...unless you have no self control, which most people probably don't.

good to hear from someone that learned on a 600... i did ride dirtbikes pretty crazy for a few years... took a spill off a jump and got pretty jacked up... so now i wanna take it to the street... i think ill have the clutch/throttle control in the bag... its just gonna be weird riding with traffic ya know..

thanks for your input..

07blackcbr
04-19-2007, 04:14 PM
It seems like it would be weirder than it is actually...I thought the same way but it doesn't feel that weird. Just start out during times of the day/roads that you know are less heavily congested.

samura1
04-19-2007, 08:35 PM
Welcome!

This is also my very first bike, and I love it so far. I'm taking things very slow. I'm only riding around my house until I get the feel for the clutch, throttle, and most importantly the brakes.

Congrats again!

Mutleh
04-19-2007, 08:56 PM
why do you guys ask if theyve ever ridden a bike before? can you just buy a 600 without having ever even ridden a motorbike before?? what are your licensing laws like!

FlipSyde
04-19-2007, 09:11 PM
Congrats on getting an awsome bike but like everyone said get the gear and remember that you get what you paid for.

Eros
04-19-2007, 09:23 PM
Be safe dude and congrats

hdben
04-19-2007, 11:34 PM
Congrats!!

Slowest_One
04-20-2007, 01:37 AM
why do you guys ask if theyve ever ridden a bike before? can you just buy a 600 without having ever even ridden a motorbike before?? what are your licensing laws like!

anyone of age can buy any bike of any displacement of his choice. i guess most peeps ask that question to determine past riding experiences. it is an unfortunate fact that most newbs who decide to start on a supersport end up getting seriously hurt.

i was at a local shop today and was shocked to see a white 07 RR, with less than 70 miles, totalled. and guess what, it was the poor fellas first bike.

teeteeracer
04-20-2007, 01:53 AM
thanks again everyone! i have never ridden before that why i wanna take the class. i had a pocketbike before but i still wanna learn the basics before i take it out to the streets! i'm very excited cuz i've always wanted a 600rr since it came out. i already know i'm gonna learn a lot from this site! thanks again!

teeteeracer
04-20-2007, 01:56 AM
oh yeah, i'm getting gloves and a jacket tomorrow after work. my salesguy is giving me a good deal on it! thanks for the heads up guys about knowing my limits. i'm very careful and always take precaution when it comes to riding.

xerces
04-20-2007, 06:40 AM
oh yeah, i'm getting gloves and a jacket tomorrow after work. my salesguy is giving me a good deal on it! thanks for the heads up guys about knowing my limits. i'm very careful and always take precaution when it comes to riding.

Don't forget one of the most important pieves, a helmet. Good riding boots or the more causaul riding shoes would be nice. You may also want to consider a minimum of riding jeans from the likes of Icon. The denim is much thicker that typical jeans and the knees are triple layered with a kevlar inner layer.

teeteeracer
04-20-2007, 09:21 AM
Don't forget one of the most important pieves, a helmet. Good riding boots or the more causaul riding shoes would be nice. You may also want to consider a minimum of riding jeans from the likes of Icon. The denim is much thicker that typical jeans and the knees are triple layered with a kevlar inner layer.

thanks! i forgot to mention that i already bought a helmet back in feb. i'm gonna look around for the jeans that you mentioned. thanks guys. i'm learning a lot from you guys already.

gee
04-20-2007, 09:31 AM

yes yes they can........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????

TribalCBR06
04-23-2007, 04:00 AM

same here. the RR is my very FIRST bike, no previous riding experience whatsoever. i took the MSF class first, then bought all my gear, and practiced, practiced, practiced! yes, i'm a newbie and sometimes a squid but i'm still alive and no accidents so far! (knock on wood) all i'm saying is that take ur time learning to ride and always wear proper gear. welcome to the site, have fun and be safe!:01_thumbu

07blackcbr
04-23-2007, 01:51 PM
I just finished the MSF course this weekend, it really does teach you alot.

Ringo
04-23-2007, 03:57 PM
I never rode a motorcycle a day in my life before the MSF course. That sunday when I graduated, I went out and purchased a 2005 CBR600RR brand new. Now mind you I was 24 and spent 4 and a half years in the Army...

I believe as long as you know how to drive a stick, and take the course, you'll be fine. I actually learned alot, and it's always easier to get the feel for using your right side of your body to slow you down and speed you up, and the left for changing gears (i.e. clutch and shifter) when you're learning on some beat up 250cc bike.

I bought the bike in July, and by that December I had already placed roughly 10,000 miles on her. Just know your limits, and dont be an artard trying to do stunts and ****. There's a place and a time for that. I droped my bike once after about 2 weeks of having her, luckily it was minor damage (to me and the bike.)

Wear your gear. Know your limits. Dont try to show off.

teeteeracer
04-23-2007, 08:37 PM
it was nice out yesterday so i stopped by chicago cycle to pickup some gloves. i got the alpinestars smx gloves. i went around my block a couple of times and i think i'm getting the hang of it! gotta take the class soon! i can't wait to go everywhere with this.

BoredTiger
04-23-2007, 08:44 PM
I never rode a motorcycle a day in my life before the MSF course. That sunday when I graduated, I went out and purchased a 2005 CBR600RR brand new. Now mind you I was 24 and spent 4 and a half years in the Army...

I believe as long as you know how to drive a stick, and take the course, you'll be fine. I actually learned alot, and it's always easier to get the feel for using your right side of your body to slow you down and speed you up, and the left for changing gears (i.e. clutch and shifter) when you're learning on some beat up 250cc bike.

I bought the bike in July, and by that December I had already placed roughly 10,000 miles on her. Just know your limits, and dont be an artard trying to do stunts and ****. There's a place and a time for that. I droped my bike once after about 2 weeks of having her, luckily it was minor damage (to me and the bike.)

Wear your gear. Know your limits. Dont try to show off.

Same story as me! Very smart moves! I too had a "minor" off and only got away with a scraped knee (jeans). My jacket, gloves did the rest. The armor in the jacket worked miracles in my off, as they went down hard, but no bruising or soreness afterwards. Be smart, it's the best tool any rider has.

frontslope
04-24-2007, 05:18 PM
Great Bike have fun and always be on the lookout for your 4 wheel enemies.

StrictlyRR
04-24-2007, 07:01 PM
welcome new ryder, get that gear and ride safe.

StrictlyRR
04-24-2007, 07:02 PM
yes...welcome and congrats! take your time familiarizing yourself with your bike. get good gear, ride within your limits and have a blast.

not to scare you or anything, but riding has it's risks. don't be a bonehead like me...this is what i did to my beloved 636 not too long ago :(

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h172/SlowestOne/wreck2.jpg

and SLo, what in the hell happened here??!?!

Slowest_One
04-25-2007, 12:37 AM
and SLo, what in the hell happened here??!?!

simple rider error. what's embarrassing is it wasn't much of a turn, more like a 45 MPH bent straight prolly going at triple the limit. slipped, slid and then..lights out!

went off the road and crashed into a vineyard

here's my sorry bonehead ass getting medical help

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h172/SlowestOne/meandmedics.jpg

teeteeracer
04-25-2007, 09:16 AM
oh wow. i'm glad your ok now. thanks for all the tips and advice guys! i really appreciate them. still have lots to learn! i love my bike. i wanted to play with my brothers 07 gsxr 600 just to compare but its raining here. booo! oh well.