Product Review: $50 DMP S-SPEC Rear Spool Type Swing Arm Stand [Archive] - 600RR.net

: Product Review: $50 DMP S-SPEC Rear Spool Type Swing Arm Stand

dannyw68
12-05-2007, 11:36 PM
I figured I'd post a quick review of the DMP S-SPEC Rear Spool Type (http://www.moto911.com/product_info.php?cPath=4_38&products_id=409)swingarm stand since they aren't mentioned much here. Most people seem to agree that Pitbull stands are the best and worth the money.

First off, I got it directly from the www.Moto911.com (http://www.moto911.com/) warehouse so I didn't pay shipping. Their warehouse is in Irvine, CA and I am live nearby so it was no big deal to pick it up. Otherwise, shipping is like $20-$25. They advertise them for $69.99 on their website, but they also sell them on eBay for $49.99 in the store called 'sliderhouse', which is where I found them. I bought a set of 8 mm black swingarm spools from Cycle Gear for $15 to go with it. All in all, it cost me about $70.

This thing works perfectly with my 07 RR and it is solid as a rock. I have used my brother Pitbull rear stand in the past which is great, but its $150 + tax without spools. The only real difference between the two is that the wheels on the Pitbull are a little bit higher quality. Thats not to say that the wheels on the DMP are junk, they are actually pretty decent.

It only took about 20-30 lbs of force to lift up the bike up which was pretty easy, and it goes up pretty smooth and steady. Once up, it is super sturdy. No worries about it tipping over.

Anyways, hope this was helpful.

getmadboy
12-06-2007, 01:46 AM
I figured I'd post a quick review of the DMP S-SPEC Rear Spool Type (http://www.moto911.com/product_info.php?cPath=4_38&products_id=409)swingarm stand since they aren't mentioned much here. Most people seem to agree that Pitbull stands are the best and worth the money.

First off, I got it directly from the www.Moto911.com (http://www.moto911.com/) warehouse so I didn't pay shipping. Their warehouse is in Irvine, CA and I am live nearby so it was no big deal to pick it up. Otherwise, shipping is like $20-$25. They advertise them for $69.99 on their website, but they also sell them on eBay for $49.99 in the store called 'sliderhouse', which is where I found them. I bought a set of 8 mm black swingarm spools from Cycle Gear for $15 to go with it. All in all, it cost me about $70.

This thing works perfectly with my 07 RR and it is solid as a rock. I have used my brother Pitbull rear stand in the past which is great, but its $150 + tax without spools. The only real difference between the two is that the wheels on the Pitbull are a little bit higher quality. Thats not to say that the wheels on the DMP are junk, they are actually pretty decent.

It only took about 20-30 lbs of force to lift up the bike up which was pretty easy, and it goes up pretty smooth and steady. Once up, it is super sturdy. No worries about it tipping over.

Anyways, hope this was helpful.
i have the same rear stand and picked it up from the same place. very good quality and sturdy. if anyone needs a rear stand and is in the OC area, i would definitely get it from these guys. Paul, the owner of moto911, is awesome and provides excellent customer service.

i'd say a rear stand is a must have for anyone who is even somewhat interested in doing some simple maintenance on their own bike. the DMP is about as solid as you're gonna get for less than $60. my only complaint is that on the lift point on the stand, where the stand connects with the swingarm spools, the rubber lil cover things came off really easily and dont stay on. it does not change the effectiveness of the stand, but it just kinda bugs me. even though the stand has this slight imperfection, i would still definitely recommend this rear stand.

sdilonerr
12-06-2007, 04:42 AM
hmm those seem like a good price. The only other ones I can think of in a comparable price range are the t-rex stands which I own. These, however, are better because they appear to be welded as apposed to being assembled with nuts and bolts. Rendering these much less likely to bend/ warp beneath the weight of the bike. I say thumbs up.

vRRoom
01-03-2008, 09:57 AM
I have both the front and rear stands and I love them. Stable and great. If i really wanted to I assume I coudl upgrade the wheels to rollerblade wheels and bearings but the build quality is great on them.

bigmike9419
06-21-2008, 09:03 PM
i use the t-rex stands and love them

hawk600rr
09-18-2008, 02:10 AM
i have the rear stand and its great. It sits a little off center so when I look at it from behind it angles slightly right but works GREAT. Im ordering the front stand now.