ArmorProtek sliders [Archive] - 600RR.net

: ArmorProtek sliders

alexchannell
01-31-2008, 05:38 PM
I wasn't too pleased with the current no-cut sliders availible for the 07 600rr (mounted to just one point and relativly easy to break the bracket). While if these were made properly they would have been great....due to the poor machining, they are terrible.

http://armorprotek.com/Home_Page.php

I recieved the sliders and discovered they had been wrapped before the paint had a chance to dry (the paint had all sorts of marks in them) along with the fact there was no prep work and the paint chipped off exteremly easily.

The left side fit pretty well (did have to drill out the holes a tiny bit. However the fit of the right side was absolutly terrible. The company blamed the machinest and had me send the slider back. The next slider I received had been trimmed with a dremel tool(or similar) and was supposedly test fit on the companies bike. It still fit like **** and the slider was angled to the front of the bike. I never clamped it down because the plate is off at an angle and would require bending to get the engine clamped down correctly.

In short, great idea, but terrible execution. I got a refund of all but the shipping cost. (originally wanted 25% restocking fee)

Braincrater
01-31-2008, 06:11 PM
You should go with R&G man... I love mine and the design is much better than the above. Shoot me a PM and I will see what I can do for you.

Brian