Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Trying to register my bike

1K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  CK_32 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm trying to fill out some title work..
If the previous owner did a engine replacement on the bike, do I check the "The odometer reading is not the actual mileage" box?

Thanks,

#3 ·
gadamn it....
the guy put the miles on the new engine on the odometer reading line on the title...
the odometer reading on the bike is actually ~24k, he put 6k.
any ideas on course of action?

#5 ·
i would, just at work right now, trying to get more info before i call later.
can i just check the "Odometer reading is NOT the actual mileage" box, even if the stated odometer reading on the title is wrong?

#7 ·
Sorry if I miscommunicated lol
The title that the owner has says 2k miles. The ACTUAL mileage on the bike is now ~26k but he listed it in the transfer as 6k because he put a new engine into the bike.

#9 ·
so this should be a non-issue? i should just list the bike as 6k miles even if the odometer actually shows 24k?

#10 ·
dude, you are all over the place with your numbers. Not that it really matters to me because you should call your DMV to get the answer, but which is it?? Did the seller put 2k or 6k on the title. Does the bike have 24K or 26k on it.

Like I said, I could care less how many miles are on it, but you should get your numbers straight. Not trying to be a d*ck, but its hard to follow your story when the numbers you talk about don't match

#11 ·
From my understanding he said the title have 2k on it, PO wrote 6k but the bike shows 24k on the dash. Well OP it up to you to correct the mileage on the title. If you check the NOT ACTUAL mileage box, it will show that on the new title. If you decide to sell the bike later your going to have to explain why the mileage doesn't match.

#14 ·
yea sorry mis-typed. the odometer reading says 24k. but yes, KevinRR is correct.
I'd be more comfortable with the title showing the 24k just for documentation reasons, but the previous owner already wrote 6k on the title transfer, which by my understanding, I can't alter ><

#15 ·
you could just write a 2 in front of the 6k and title it with 26k. You will reach that mileage quickly and I wouldn't think there would be any issue titling it as a higher number mileage than actual... go the other way and you would have all sorts of issues

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.