Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Air filter/change

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  fallingbomb 
#1 ·
Okay so after reading into it i still cant quite make the call. im pushing 21k on my 2011 cbr600rr and i want to either put a new filter in it or depending on what im advised clean the current stock filter. any suggestions? aftermarket?

#2 · (Edited)
i wouldnt recommend K&N........ Stock, or BMC is my words of advice.

#4 ·
K&N Performance Air Filter

I'm running a K&N Performance Air Filter and its paid dividends when combined with a PCV and Akrapovic slip-on. You can't go wrong with K&N in my opinion and I got mine at a very reasonable price. Other options are BMC or Pipercross which are equally as good. If you choose to remain with the stock filter I would replace it rather than attempt to clean it.

#6 ·
For more air flow its better to use after market but the other questions would be why do you want more air flow ? How is the bike running to begin with ?

#10 ·
My bike is running solid, but once i threw the growler on it opened up my top end a lot and figured the bike is breathing out a little better why not help it breathe in better? BMC is looking good, i dont want the bikes emmisions getting messed up though, would ii need a tune?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.