Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Rsp919's 07 build

146K views 598 replies 186 participants last post by  Moeman 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, after finally finishing my last build(

)last November, I decided it was time to build a little brother. I picked up this 07 with 3775 miles on it. It had been laid down, but I got it right. All the damage was cosmetic(wich would be changed anyways) with the exception of the radiator, upper bracket, and the subframe had a slight tweak.

Here's some pics from the day I got it home.

Here's pics about an hour later.

Stay tuned, more to come.

See less See more
#3 ·
Here is one mod that came with the bike. I popped of the seat and WHAM!!! I'm not sure what the Honda OEM part number for this bad boy is. I have a local source for them so if there is enough interest I'll see about getting a "Vendor" membership.

Are you ready?

#9 ·
Here are a few more things that came in. I only need the left inner but I won the set on Egay for $5. Also picked up the Pro-tek gas cap base for $30. I got a Hanger tail light mod from forum member se7en. Also got the HEL brake lines in. I had them Made by HEL. I told them orange lines with black fittings and they said no prob. I ordered them on Tues, they made them on Wed, They shipped on Thurs. Also they are gauranted for life, Even if you sell the bike the warrantey is transferable. And finally, another mystery box. I can't show it because it would give away the other.

#10 ·
WOOT!!!

keep us informed man!!!

That Single sided swing arm is SICK NASTY!!!!

#12 ·
Really curious to see the new project man. Keep it comin'.

#17 ·
Not sure about the grips yet myself. I'm hoping the added weight will help with vibration. I went with Momo on the other bike, I just didn't want to spend that kind of money agian for grips. I must have had a stupid moment, even though I really do like the feel.

No tool kit, but a maxipad? All I have to say is, WTF! Must have been a tough compromise to make, lol.
Yeah I know, I'm almost scared to pop the cap on the rad. Who knows, it might be filled with Summers Eve! :puke:

how long do we have to wait til we get to know what is in the boxes?
After the email I got today related to the "box" unfortunatly it could be a few weeks. Unless some one figures it out.

#22 ·
You missed one Demented. Michelin "Hi-Sport" tires! I knew someone would blast the kickstand, since it is the only "chrome" piece. Trust me I have learned my lesson on the polished aluminium, there will be absolutely none on the 07. I am way to lazy to keep it polished. And those are indeed the biggest chicken strips ever. Those tires were about 6 years old with about 20 miles on them. 20 miles in 6 years is pretty chicken. I bought them for mock up and the project took a little longer than I anticipated lol. Anyways they got replaced with 2CT's a couple of months ago.

#23 ·
Ok, got a few more things in while I was out of town. First up, Rizoma mirrors. Thanks again Billy(sdca7718)

next, I got these (related to mystery box)

And finally my Samco hose kit that I waited for a month and a half to get here. And I am SOOOOOOOO PISSSSSSSSED!!! After giving them the part # 3 times and telling them "07 600rr" 3 times, they f**king sent me the 03-05 kit. This was a special order to get them in orange. Now I'll have to play the waiting game again. Maybe after a few choice words, they will get the replacements out asap.

After this happening, I had to make an impulse buy just to cool me down lol. Check out this deal.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=130234010651&rd=1

#24 ·
Where did you get those grips from? I'm interested to see how they look on the bike.

#28 ·
the black part is rubber, but it is pretty thin. I always ride with gloves so vibration usually isn't a problem. I have Momo's on my other bike with no bar ends. I only notice vibration on long rides with the gloves on. My a$$ is numb b4 my fingers. Not sure how the Rizomas are going to be, but I have never heard oany complaints from those that have them.

#29 ·
Hopefully they sell just the rubber part too. I'd hate to shell out $66 every year just to replace my worn out grips. Let me know how the vibration is though when you install them. I know that Rizoma makes pretty good stuff so I don't question the quality.

#30 ·
well, I talked to Samco today and this is what I get. "Oh really, sorry about that. Let me look into it." I call back 3 hours later and get "I was going to call you back but blah blah blah." It was our mistake and we will be happy to replace them." I then ask how long. "4 to 6 weeks"
WTF, they screw up and now I still have to wait 4-6 weeks. Unbelievable

#43 · (Edited)
I just called about my order and they said they have it in and will ship it soon. I hope mine doesn't get messed up also, I used the part number from the pic in derris's thread. I ordered mine through Brits inc. I think they are listed as the USA distributor, mine was +15% for special order on color and I don't remember it being $300. It had the same wait because these hoses are hand made.

**edit** I just checked and I think it was $300, plus the special hose clamps.

#31 ·
That is a bunch of garbage that they are making you wait that time over again. Pardon my ignorance, but what do these Samco hoses do? Are they simply a pretty replacement for the OEM hoses, or do they have some sort of mechanical advantage?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.