Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Build Thread..

17K views 143 replies 31 participants last post by  DynastySS 
#1 · (Edited)
I recently acquired a new project for 2012.

2007 CBR600RR

13K miles
Lowered 2 inches in rear
Slip on Two Brothers exhaust
Stock sprockets

Bringing her home

A Diamond in the rough..

Found enough spider webs in this bike to quilt a silk blanket.

Ok, time for a bath to see what this thing really looks like.

See less See more
#2 ·
She cleaned up halfway decent. It's obvious she is going to need some loving attention though. the guy that i bought it from obviously didn't take car of it as i found it under a half ripped up tarp in his back yard rusting away. i'll take good care of her though..

time to take her apart and get to work.

got most of the parts sanded and prepped for paint, still needs more work before primer.

#3 ·
ordered a new front cowl, and all sorts of hardware for the front end.

ordered new headlights and some more hardware for them as well... didn't like the aftermarket ones that he had in there. and the fiberglass body has got to go. not only is it hideous but it fits like crap...

got some fresh rubber for her...

new flush mounts..

#4 ·
ooooooo, i'm excited to see the new shiny parts installed! GL with getting it back together bro!

Reactions: wckedIntentions
#5 ·
also i don't understand how someone could just leave a 8-9k$ bike in the backyard under a tarp. just to let it get like the pics in the OP. :shrugs glad you got her now!

#6 · (Edited)
finally found some time to get all the fairings ready for primer and rolled into the paint booth..

primed...

finally received the rest of the parts/hardware that i ordered and figured i would do a test fit to make sure everything lines up correctly before i finish painting it...

thats all for now, i am in the middle of moving so there will be more to come as soon as i am done..

plan on switching out the exhaust, new lights from Tripage (love the crap out of their stuff) and the list goes on and on... unfortunately thats all my budget will allow me to do right now...

#9 ·
i'm sure it does. funny, i just installed that kickstand on my bike yesterday!! haha, i know, i've been busy. but the street bike should be ready to roll wednesday if my chain comes. that new bodywork and paint is gonna be sweet! it'll look like a brand new bike.

#21 ·
Lookin' Great! Nice work and I cant wait to see the final product. Must have got her for a steal, she was rough looking before!

#23 ·
I think i got a decent deal on it... ($2500) w/13k, it looked really bad cosmetically but there wasn't too terribly much i had to do to bring her back to life mechanically... new tires/brakes/fork seals and she runs like a champ now..

Looking really great so far! Gonna be a fun and rewarding project I'm sure!
indeed sir. i have always loved these bikes, and now that i have it, i am trying to do right by her.

#26 · (Edited)
So i have been meaning to get into the paint booth to finish the paint job. The primer has started to grow on me though... i don't want to leave my bike just primered, but i do sort of like that raw look it has...

My wife does a lot of sketching in her free time, and a was talking to her about painting the bike and how i wanted to keep a raw look to the bike but how i didn't want it to look unfinished. I wanted to incorporate some custom art into it somehow. My wife had sketched me a bookmark a few months ago that i wanted to base the design off of. The theme would be "post apocalyptic steam punk", lol. I thought i could keep the raw look, and still make it look custom and creative too..

This is the picture (bookmark) that she drew that the theme will be based off of:

Found this pic online that will be the basis for the background:

Looking for the end result to look something like Lady Mechanika meets destroyed city landscape.
I'll post up some more pics when we start actually laying down some paint...

#28 ·
Man the bike does look sick in the straight primer and i am personally glad you got ride of that two brothers crap exhaust the TOCE fits so much better

#29 ·
thanks, yeah i really like the Toce, it sounds great on the highway. It's louder that the 2bros IMO, which i like too.

The primer will probably stay, but will probably have some custom art on it soon, then i have to seal it so it will stand the test of time. That's the plan anyways..

#34 ·
The other side will be different but with a similar pose. She has sketched out the other side as well. I will take a few pics and post them up when it is light outside in the morning.

Hey if I send you my plastics will you paint them for me custom options up to you but has to have blue and silver tones lol.........
Lookin great dude can't wait to see that beauty finished

I wouldn't mind, but to be honest, this is my first paint job, i have high hopes that it will turn out well but i won't know until it's done. lol

My wife is the one doing all the "custom" work, i will be laying down the base and clear coats. So if all goes well and it turns out looking good, there may be more paint jobs in the future. It all depends on how this one goes.. I figured the worst that could happen though is it looks crappy and i have to sand it down and paint it again.. no biggie. We shall see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.