Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

CBR Time's Build Thread

133K views 954 replies 107 participants last post by  trachito 
#1 · (Edited)
Not sure why i didnt start this when i joined? but as they say better late than never
Purchased bike Dec of 08' from Mission Cycle in Barrie Ontario, with approx 7700km's on the dial. Was more or less stock when i picked her up, did have a progrip tank pad though. Prev bike was an 02F4i Red Silver

one happy dude on a cold Dec day :)

On deck is installing my sliders, and ordering Woodcraft Case Covers. Hard to believe all the goodies ive added thus far, note to self do NOT tally up the $ lol

See less See more
#4 ·
Dave
Its about time bro i finally saw pictures with the Silver Lowers installed its one of those mods that Honda should have released the bike in such paint scheme just like the Red & Black RR should have the Black Mids not Silver Mids BTW Parker's lid with your Leather Honey in the same box got shipped today thru US postal service

#7 ·
I know what it is and still laughed hard at your last comment :crackup: thanks for the laughs

#11 · (Edited)
thx man, not quite as bring obvioulsy, but pretty good nonetheless. not sure if i told you or not, but reason i removed the HID kit was i have the "fogging" inside the low beam lense, havent been running w my high on like i usually do (didnt want my high to have the same issue). Really wish i knew about the UV cut bulbs 3 yrs ago! might get the Volt kit later on, but it runs about $140 (Moe) has it in his 675R. So for now ill stick w the SS. Still looking to replace my low or right lense unit, Ill try and get some pics up later

#14 ·
yeah would def love projectors, maybe ill go that route vs another HID kit alone. when are you thinking of picking up the 07-8? ill prob keep mine for another few years, after that... next Gen RR whenever that comes out?? 675R triumph, and if i decide to go the 1K route i love the new CBR's, then theres always the streefighter bikes, Triumph Speedtriple etc :)

#17 ·
Good to finally see this thread! Need more pics though Dave!

I like that my bike is in the background of one pic!

We gotta go riding soon with Vince and do a photoshoot.

#27 ·
Nice work man, ur bike looks so sharp and clean. I really like the silver lowers... Ur about ready for BOTM here soon....
Thx man, and yeah ill be entering at some point, want to get the sliders in, and ill be picking up Woodcraft case coves soon as well
i have a great location for pics too:banger:

#20 ·
ok here goes, might not be in exact order
Puig smoked DB screen

Yosh RS-5

OEM solo cowl

Watsens

Puig chain gaurd

DDM HIDs 55w 8K (have since removed due to the ever popular "fogging issue)

Yosh bar ends

Yosh spools

Pazzo's

#21 · (Edited)
removed oem mid CBR Racing stickers

Pro grip rim tape

600rr res sock

Tripage IT and FE (see sig link for DIY lowering bracket)

Tripage PC rearsets

Pro bolts for gas cap

Pro Bolts for screen

Driven 520 -1,+2 EK Chain

Speedo DRD

#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
Spiegler Brake Lines

Silver Lowers 08'

CF Gauge Cover (thx Parker ;))

Rear Res delete (w Brembo 45deg res)

Super Sic 58 decal (the only sticker that will be on my bike)

Pic from today after detailing for about 3hrs, now i remember why i hate riding in the rain!! lol

#26 · (Edited)
Bike looks great!

How did you mount that rear res?
thx, all i did for the res delete was , remove oem one and simply cut the oem hose a few inches above master. I bought Tygon tubing but opted to keep the oem res look sort of speak, so i picked up the Brembo 15cc angled one form Brad @superbikesuply for like $6. Clamped, bleed brakes, tie wraped to brake line for extra reassurance done! i also dremeled off the oem res bracket which would have bothered me lol

#28 ·
Love the single mod pictures the Evo tech oil plug is sweet indeed such a Brilliant spotless RR indeed BOTM winner for sure

Reactions: CBR Time
#30 ·
I am so proud to be an inspiration bro as much as i was inspired by other RR addicts & Lovers way before Miss O'seven then Miss18RR came into my life i am talking members and these are a slight few of those members Paul46rider , Chrisw , Rsp919 , Mook , redridinghood11, browningbuck ,SF600RR, sincalrider, V-tec crx , Strychnos , Cozye i could go on for days to list everyone that inspired me and tons of other members

Be rest assured that you and your bike will inspire others some day i have no doubt about that

#31 · (Edited)
thx bro! def recognize most if not all of those members, incl Vtec :p whose helped me out big time with the mods (installing) cant thank him enough! all while providing some refreshing home brew hahaha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.