Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

2003 dies on me while riding

2K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  XoHoyoX 
#1 ·
Hello folks, I'm a huge noob btw but here what happens.
The other morning I went to start it up to go to school And it wouldn't turn over. I thought it was bad fuel since that had happened on e before so I bought seafoam to put I the tank like I did the previous time, which it worked like a charm, but this time it didn't help. I read a bunch of threads on here leading me to believe it might be he battery. So I charged the battery over night and it seemed like it had more juice but wouldn't turn over until I push started it. I rode it for a good 15 minutes and it seemed fine. Turned it off. A couple hours later I had to got work and it started right up. After work it was slow to start but did start and got me to my parking lot when the throttle cut out again. I bought a battery trickler that night and left it on all night. This morning it started up with a push start but then he throttle cut out Bout 10 minutes after Riding it. I decided just to buy a new battery. I just put the new battery on but now it won't start even with a push start. Any help is appreciated, like I said ima noob

#2 ·
did you check your fuses, relays, electrical systems? maybe some more experienced people will chime in..but sounds to me like something is screwy with an electrical system... fuses is the first place id look.

does it crank at all when you hit the starter button? do you hear the fuel pump prime when the key gets turned on? check your spark plugs, they could of gone bad (rare but it happens)....could be alot of Simple things...i'd start with what you did (the battery) and just keep doing the process of elimination.

hopefully someone on here has had/seen that same problem and can be more help.

#4 ·
I fixed it! After 5 hours of troubleshooting my baby fires right up. I ended up checking fuses, electrical lines, spark plugs, basically everything under the sun. Then I read about BAS being an issue for a lot of people. I read the thread of how to bypass it and decided to give it a shot. After I took off th front fairing so I could find the "little black box with 3 wires coming from it". I finally realized that the previous owner had done this. I was out of ideas and started packing up my tools for the day. I assembled the front fairing again and then remembered reading someone say that they didn't properly connect the two out of 3 wires. I simply nudge the two wires that had been jumped together and bingo. I'm happy and mad at the same time. I can return the battery I purchased for no reason

#7 · (Edited)
you may have a bad/lose wire in one of your wiring harness's . check all your plugs and make the wires are snug and secure. look for some black char marks on the plugs when you have them apart.

the fuel pump priming will make a humming, buzzing sound comming from the middle of the bike.

to check if a fuse is blown pull the fuse out and hold it up to a light. you should see a real small flat piece of metal that connects on both sides. if its blown the metal inside will be broken apart and look burnt.

don't give up, you know she runs and your getting closer to your problem. the BAS sensor itself may be bad. try posting some pics of your BAS setup (although, i personally have no experience with the BAS)

#11 ·
that sounds more like a battery problem... put that thing on a trickle charger overnight and hopefully you'll be good to go

#13 ·
it probably was something upfront those loose wires, the BAS, that fuse you found. and with all the trying to start and turning the key on and off drained your battery.

i've subscribed to this thread...i wanna know how you made out :shakehand

#17 ·
^^or maybe your kickstand sensor...but the bike should start in neutral

you may have to take it to a dealer and have them at least tell you whats wrong....i'm starting to reach the end of my expertise now :retard:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.