Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Flashed ECU? What is that?

4K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  venomenon83 
#1 ·
Does anyone know what a flashed ECU is and where do I need to take my bike to get the ECU "flashed?"

I have a Power Commander and full exhaust system and the bike has been custom tuned. Unfortunately the Dyno only shows 104-105 horse power.

Someone said if you get your ECU "flashes" you'd get 5-10 more horse power. But I've never heard of "flashing" the ECU before! Can anyone shine a light on this subject?

#2 · (Edited)
The basic lowdown is it reprograms your ECU to remove any EPA restrictions. Used to be pretty risky with a couple "bricked" ECU's, however there has been enough of these done that it's now a low risk procedure.

There are several different companies offering this with varying results.

Edit: Flashed ECU's can work in conjunction with a fuel management system such as PC or Bazzaz, or replace them all together.

#3 · (Edited)
#4 ·
#7 ·
guys ! let keep it clean untill we have at least a page of ingo then we can start blasting boobies. we dont want the net to have thread of troll at the time. thats u monkay

#12 ·
Guys we can't post until op gets one complete page of info.....we don't want the net to have thread of troll at the time, that's me monkay.....

#15 ·
^^ Tator S you rock!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.