Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Burning clutch and rpm problem? Help please.

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Asabon94 
#1 ·
So I recently replaced my clutch cable. Everything went smoothly but I started noticing a burning smell coming from the right side of my bike. I Take my fairings off thinking that the engine was melting my clutch cable but it wasnt. On top of that my rmps are all over the place. Today riding home I stopped at a light and noticed my bike making a bogging noise like an r1 or something and my rmps were barley above 1k, when I get home I adjust my clutch thinking that maybe my clutch wasnt fully disengaged. When I start up again my bike shoots up a lil past 2k rpms (Bike already warm) ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!

#3 ·
I've readjusted it. Now my main problem is low idling! :banghead: 700-900 Rpms makes a wap wap wap sound like its gonna die... I honestly don't know whats going on. Its an 07 and all I have on it is a hyperflo. I did have a low slide about 6 months ago but the bike seemed fine until now. Help?! I've searched but the only answer I've come up with is Vacuum hose with hole in it and Idle adjusting nob which I believe 07 doesn't have one.

#5 ·
What does at Vacuum hose even look like :banghead:

Noticed something new while riding today. When I first got on the bike after it was warmed up rpms were very low 900 -1k and the when I rode it home it and it wouldnt go below 2k rpms! WTF is going on! To make it more confusing when im at a stop light and start to engage the clutch my rpms shoot up to 2,100-200 rmps with out me giving it gas at all..... :cursin:pLEASE help!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.