Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Sickest BMW!

7K views 72 replies 40 participants last post by  -Rizzo- 
#1 ·

Yea I know, who else wants one?

See less See more
#22 ·
I don't think you understand something so very basic. They may or may not agree with yours. They are not designed to be personal attacks against anyone...including you. Your argument that people with opinions different than yours make them lessor than you, is a fallacy. I am not sure you understand fallacies, so I will help outline them below, putting in bold, the one you used.

In informal logic and rhetoric, a fallacy is usually an error in reasoning often due to a misconception or a presumption. Some so-called fallacies are not rhetorically intended to appeal to reason but rather to emotion, or a more nuanced disposition. An informal analysis of rhetorical patterns in fallacies should not be confused with rigorously formal arguments in logic, because rationally persuasive arguments require neither to be successful.

Though often used unintentionally, so-called fallacies can be used purposefully to win arguments. Such rhetorical devices, discussed in more detail below, are: "ignoring the question" to divert argument to unrelated issues using a red herring; making the argument personal (argumentum ad hominem) and discrediting the opposition's character, "begging the question" (petitio principi), the use of the non-sequitur, false cause and effect (post hoc ergo propter hoc), bandwagoning (everyone says so), the "false dilemma" or "either-or fallacy" in which the situation is oversimplified, "card-stacking" or selective use of facts, "false equivalence", and "false analogy". Another common device is the "false generalization", an abstraction of the argument that shifts discussion to platitudes where the facts of the matter are lost. There are many more tricks to divert attention from careful exploration of a subject. [1]
You are simply making an argument that is a lie. Sharing your opinion on something does not make anyone more or less of a man. It would just mean they agree with you.

If a "real man" agrees with everything you do, what makes you so special?

This goes back into you being a narcissist. This one example you just gave us has defined you as a narcissist. Allow me to bullet point straight from the Wikipedia definition:

An obvious self-focus in interpersonal exchanges

Difficulty with empathy

Hypersensitivity to any insults or imagined insults

Detesting those who do not admire them (narcissistic abuse)

Pretending to be more important than they really are

Inability to view the world from the perspective of other people
I feel sad for you. I really wish you could see yourself from other people's eyes. While your intentions might be good, you have a lot of work to do before you can learn to communicate effectively. There's still hope for you, X. You can achieve it if you put your heart into it. :thumbup:

#20 ·
that hurts....

yeah, i get the "demonstration of skill' point....

and the "I got $$$ bling bling" thing.

but basically it is a massive misunderstanding of the true purpose of bike.

kind of like buying a race horse and using it for dog food.

or sitting on your front porch burning $$.

it is wealth destruction....and that is sad

#45 ·
I'm down for said hug!!!!! Because in Texas we blah blah blah pecan pie blah blah bbq's blah blah square toe boots ftw!!! I love you Texas!!!!

#26 ·
One could go as far as to say. Who says what real men do? Me? You? Her? (XD) nobody is ever correct. But nobody is ever wrong. So what X argues could be right and wrong at the same time. And it goes for everybody else! So if you're confident in yourself and in your actions! Don't doubt yourself or have the urge to have to prove somebody you're right! You yourself know you're right that's what matters most.

Too many different mentalities and mind sets for us all to agree on one unified definition of what a real man does.

My 2 cents! Good day ride safe!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

#29 ·
Meh I would never own it or ride it but its a show bike. It's purpose is to sit and look pretty. It's exactly the same as building a show truck/car, you might drive it a few miles and that's about it. So many damn haters on this forum jut need to chill lol. This is nothing different then someone building a track or stunt bike. They have their purpose so let them be.

/endrant

#57 ·
well........ this is just a retarded thread...

omg kill me im not being politically correct, bike looks like **** and someone has a lot of money. On another thought he loves his bike and probably thinks your bike looks like ****.. wow 2 sides to thinking. who would have thought..
LOL!!!!!!!!!! :crackup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.