Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

No-mar tire changer !!!!!!

5K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  MikeyP 
#1 · (Edited)
Has any of ya not heard of this awesome tire changer tool? i dont own one, but this summer at my track. one guy had one and man , he was changing tire like me dropping panties...
also come with the car hitch. so you can carry it around and change it on the spot of anywhere .track..shop.etc..

any who...i might plan to buy this next summer.. i've seen this tool work and its deff worth it. you can change a set of tires in less than 10 minutes
:cruising:

http://www.nomartirechanger.com/

#2 ·
Has any of ya not heard of this awesome tire changer tool? i dont own one, but this summer at my track. one guy had one and man , he was changing tire like me dropping panties...
also come with the car hitch. so you can carry it around and change it on the spot of anywhere .track..shop.etc..

any who...i might plan to buy this next summer.. i've seen this tool work and its deff worth it. you can change a set of tires in less than 10 minutes
:cruising:

http://www.nomartirechanger.com/
soo what you are saying is hes done 1 set of tires since high school? :fyou::crackup:

#7 ·
I've had one since 2007 and lost track of how many sets of tires I've changed with it. Yes, there is some cost for the initial purchase, but how much does it cost you to take wheels off and take them to a dealer for changing?

#10 ·
If done right rims shouldn't get scratched at all.. People are just lazy and try to get it done and over because its not their bike..

I used to work in a tire shop and for a custom shop after high school... Trust me when people have rims worth more than your car even your house payment you put brand new low pro tires on there is a proper way to do it.

But like all specialized stuff $$

#12 ·
If balancing is your only concern, buy a static balancer and get a much better balance job than a machine spin balance anyway. The NoMar is a very, very well built product with a specific purpose. Sure, if you are mounting and balancing tires for a living (read.....motorcycle shop), there are certainly quicker ways to do tires, such as pneumatic machines. The NoMar is for small shops, home owners, etc. I would guess that in the six seasons of my ownership, I have used it to change at least 100 tires. Imagine how much $$$$ that would have cost at a dealership.

#17 ·
The whole purpose of this awesome tool. Is to change tires quickly!! Really useful on the track. And what I'm thinking about is , I can make a few bucks on the side this season by changing my buddies tires and charging maybe 20-30 bucks or so. If u get the hitch mount. U can basicly go anywhere with it and change tires

#20 ·
no. but all you need is a piece of 2x2" square tubing, and then a piece of round tubing that fits inside (or outside) the changer post, then you weld the 2 together. i have the hole drilled to put the hitch pin into the square stock, and then drilled a bunch of different height holes in the round stock so that the tire changer height can be adjusted in case its installed on a tall or short height hitch.

i will ask my buddy if he took any pics of it. i know i never thought of it at the time

#22 ·
The Dunlop supplier for AMA uses static balancers at the track. Just sayin.

I've had a No-Mar bolted to the floor of my garage for years. I also own their static balancer. If you know what you're doing its hard to beat. The only complaint I have is on my "classic" model the breaker bar bent when I got in a hurry trying to break the bead on tires. I've since had it reinforced and learned that steady even force can be as affective at breaking the bead as mongo in a hurry.

#28 ·
Expensive investment, but it will pay for itself once you become proficient using it.
You're gonna need the no-mar tire bar also.

A friend of mine bought one and does everyone I know's tires, and come's to your house for $20 a set. Best deal around, and he makes a few bucks to pay for racing expenses.

If I didn't have him I would probably buy one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.