Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

From 12 sec car to 11 second bike!

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  White RepsoL 
#1 ·
Very happy to be here, finally own a bike (first one as well) I daily drive a 300hp MR2 and just a few hours ago got a good deal on an 06 600RR.

It has some kind of performance filter, Yoshimoto slip on exhaust, and a little silver "power" box with a low, medium and high buttons on it. Is that like a performance piggyback people get for these bikes?

Its very clean and great condition, has minimal scuffs from being dropped only once or twice, but it is missing the side body panals. Does anyone know what those pieces might run me?

I cant wait to learn to ride and tame this sexy beast, until then im not leaving my neighborhood with it lol.

#3 ·
our bikes do 11 seconds?

that box thingy is a power commander and yes its just like a piggy back just alot simpler to use.

the faring souldnt be more then 40-50 depending on condition.

post up some pictures.

ride safe, gear up, no shorts, no wife beaters (even though i have lol), no chanklas.

welcome

#5 ·
Look on Ebay or Craigslist for fairings. Usually people will sell fairings by the piece depending on what you're looking for.

MR2, congrats on your new RR! post up some pics so we can see which fairings you need. Btw what year is your MR2? I've driven a 90's-something 5speed MR2 (non-turbo) and those little things are quick! I can imagine how fast a modded turbo MR2 can be.

Post pics of your car and bike if you have them. Ride safe man!

#6 ·
Thanks everyone! I'll post some pics up of the bike posing in front of the car later haha (its a 91 n/a with a 96 turbo swap) As for gear I luckily have a Snell rated HJC already from racing the deuce. And I was thinking of getting a redline brand leather jacket today.

#8 ·
Dont know how to post pics on forums, but heres my FB album...http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.435752513151951.98632.100001516191850&type=3

I feel like a badass, I successfully taught myself how to ride this monster without ever even riding a dirtbike before let alone a 600 haha! Still must take it slow and easy until I master it.

One more question is this, is it normal for the throttle to be so sensitive? I feel like its either do a burnout or stall out, so I've been basically rolling out slowly with the clutch only. Thanks again everyone for all the insight!

#9 ·
Dont know how to post pics on forums, but heres my FB album...http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.435752513151951.98632.100001516191850&type=3

I feel like a badass, I successfully taught myself how to ride this monster without ever even riding a dirtbike before let alone a 600 haha! Still must take it slow and easy until I master it.

One more question is this, is it normal for the throttle to be so sensitive? I feel like its either do a burnout or stall out, so I've been basically rolling out slowly with the clutch only. Thanks again everyone for all the insight!
Welcome. Taking it that you prob have done some racing with your mr2 so learning to ride is not hard BUTTTTT getting it down the street is nothing tbh. It'll take awhile before you can really ride and by that I mean avoid accidents w/o laying it down so just take it slow and don't let the idiots get you into doing stupid sh!t.

Stock throttle is sensitive, but if you have a 1/4 (or 3/4 ..not sure) throttle than it will be extremely sensitive.

#11 ·
The side fairings and maybe the bottom ones of those are separate. Doing my best with wires and hoses sticking out for now. They're also an aftermarket flame design it seems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.