Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Almost stolen RR

6K views 36 replies 23 participants last post by  kako1002 
#1 · (Edited)
Well it's been a fairly hectic week for me.

I know I owe karma to SOMEONE because last weekend was awesome and then I wake up to this on Tuesday morning~ 2:30.

At around 2:30 (am) my dog goes outside and starts barking...

Now this isn't unheard of because we have a family of raccoons in the tree behind my house so I figured they had just resumed their nightly war...

So after about a minute of him really going at it I can tell something is wrong because he isn't coming in when I call him which he usually does and starts licking my face in the sorts (I imagine him thinking he's some sort of hero for defending the house from the varmints and wants acknowledgment for his knightly deeds)

I go outside in my boxers thinking I'm just going to pull him inside and put the cover over the dog door...

And as I go out on my back porch I see 3 guys sprinting down the street... now that's never a good sign, is it?

At this point I run to the front porch and grab my mobile defense weapon (my 4' steel breaker bar pipe) and cell phone and run outside to see them turning on the next street on foot.

Cops are on the scene about 2 minutes later (one of the pros of living a mile away from the station) and do a canvas of the area and there's no one on the streets within a 10 block radius.

So this is what I found them in the midst of when I went outside... (pictures were taken when sun had risen)

and finally........

I am FCKING pissed.

I have wheel locks on all 3 bikes at night despite living in a fairly decent neighborhood (that's me being paranoid) and we've had zero incidents on my street in as long as I've been living there.

The only consolation that I can find is that they did not get away with the bike or decide to fck with it once they decided they couldn't get it.

Now I'm in line for a new key set for the whole bike and I've already installed scheduled motion activated lights and 2-24/7 motion activated webcams on the bikes.

I think I owe my bike to my wonderful puppy and best friend in the whole world, Mr. Bojangles.

(He keeps my 17 year old cat safe too)

And this was our sleeping arrangement through Thanksgiving to see whether the guys we're going to come back and finish the job.

And of course, I couldn't go without sharing how thankful I am for having my puppy around so I made him a dog-friendly pie all for himself (I almost got confused while I was making them so I figured I'd mark the back one for him lol)

The officers did a follow up in the morning and it looks as if the same group of guys decided to go on a crime spree starting about a mile away and they broke into 5 other cars and one that was down my street.

Needless to say, I have zero remorse for these scumbags and I hope to find them some day in a very dark alley and show them what it means to mess with someones motorcycle.

I have started chaining the frames/swingarms together for all the bikes and am planning on sinking some "U" bolts into the pavement so I can have a heavy gauge chain through the front of each bike.

The city doesn't like it? fck off. They didn't give me a driveway when they fixed the street a few years ago despite my acknowledgement letter from planners.

These are temp solutions until I can pave over a small portion of my fenced garden to give them an actual safe habitat. Fortunately my other bikes were in my storage unit at the same so I won't complain to that either.

So I hope everyone had a better turkey day than I did.

:cruising:

See less See more
#7 ·
Yeah, they are.

My superhawk (far left) is my commuter bike and gets the bulk of the miles that I put on 2 wheels. My VF500F (middle) is an around town bike. And the CBR is a weekend rider/maintenance interim bike.

My clone VF1000Fs are in my unit right now because I'm installing the oil gallery mod and tuning them for winter gas. They just go out whenever it's windy.

#5 ·
I have full coverage on all 5 of my bikes.

And my house was not built with a garage.

I have a storage unit but I currently have 2 of my bikes in there and 2 clients bikes so I don't really have an option as to putting more in there.

So thanks for your input.

I do everything in my power to keep my motorcycles safe.

#9 ·
Then your set let them take it. Don't risk your life for a bike if your fully covered.

I'm just sayin seeing 3 tarps and 3 bikes up front even I'm curious to look under them and I don't even boost bikes. But seeing yor situation at least you've thought ahead.

My comment wasn't meant in a negative way if that's how you read it.

#8 ·
5 in total. Possibility of being expanded next weekend.

I need a winter project and a café CB550 build might be in the works.

#25 ·
I'm sure coming out the house rackin a shotty will make sure those scumbags don't come back. U coming out with a pipe not knowing if they have a gun or not isn't very safe also. Glad you and your bikes r safe tho.
The only reason I went out was because I had seen them running down the street and I wanted to get a better idea of where they were going to relay to the police.

If they had just been standing there I would have called the cops, opened my kitchen window (~5 feet above where they were standing) and let them know the police were on the way.

I only grabbed the pole in order to defend myself should they decide to come back of if there was one of them I didn't see.

I've got a 1911 that my buddy stores at my house that I could have used to "frighten" them, not so much of a wow factor but still...

I know not to get myself in harms way :shakehand

#27 ·
U don't even need to use the key, put the two red wires together and ride off. I tested this and I was shocked. My kawasaki 500r didn't even do that and it was designed by kawasaki. Idk what honda was thinking not integrating the pink wire for the fuel pump again. My friend with his ninja 250 was bashing on me since he found it rediculus as well. *currently waiting for my alarm and ignition disable*

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#31 ·
U don't even need to use the key, put the two red wires together and ride off. I tested this and I was shocked. My kawasaki 500r didn't even do that and it was designed by kawasaki. Idk what honda was thinking not integrating the pink wire for the fuel pump again. My friend with his ninja 250 was bashing on me since he found it rediculus as well. *currently waiting for my alarm and ignition disable*
It's just a continuity switch so it only makes sense.

Alarms are always a good idea but sometimes thieves will try anyways.

You can always hide a relay switch that goes directly to the battery then no matter what you do you won't be able to start the bike without finding the switch.

You need a gun.
I have a 1911 at my house, but like it's been pointed out, I'm not going to shoot someone over a motorcycle as much as they might deserve it. Full coverage and all possible deterrents PLUS a new video surveillance system would cover me.

Sorry to hear that :( my friend's GSXR had the same thing happen to it
Hopefully they didn't get away with the bike either! This kind of stuff really pisses me off.

I work hard for what I want and people who think they are entitled to anything that I have worked towards are leeches, cowards and despicable people.

No man can lay claim to my belongings as they are an extension of my self; I consider every purchase I make (of tangible goods) as a direct exchange for my time and worth. The day that I cannot make that assertion is the day that I will no longer recognize any law, sanction or rule that will challenge that idea and the right of ownership. I will defend that right with my life as I will not allow that flawed principle to remain as morally admissible.

Thieves challenge that idea by entertaining the idea that because it is there, and they can take it, they will. They have not earned it, yet still attempt to reap the benefits of my work.

I will ask them, "Because your life is in front of me, and I can take it, should I?"

#32 ·
On a side note, just got the lock set and will be installing it when it's no longer raining! :cruising:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.