Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Extreme newbie question

2K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  NaturalPhenomenon 
#1 ·
So I bought my brand new rr back in 2011. Had my permit but my insurance was extremely high because of my dui/reckless driving. Fast forward a year later, the bike has been sitting unmaintained. And would like to get back into riding. I need some advice on what I should do maintenance wise before I get back out on the road. My insurance has dropped and going to get registration and another permit for right now till I can do the test. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my XT907 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#2 ·
So looking back on it maybe you should have gotten insurance quotes BEFORE buying :p
bike sitting for a year, maybe replace gas, check tires (was it on stands?) and of course check battery; may as well change oil-filter as well. Ride Safe man

#5 ·
Sorry to hear.

Good information thus far. Replace the gas, check the tires (pressure and for cracks), lube the chain, possibly replace the battery if it wasnt on a maintenance charge, do an oil change ....hit the road.

#6 ·
dont forget to wheelie the biek the moment you get it out on the road... that is the easiest way to break it in:drunk:

But in all seriousness be safe man and like they said above dont ahve a single beer before you hop on your bike not worth it to either end up in jail or the hospital... :shakehand

#16 ·
where you at in arizona?

theres a couple msf courses around the valley. i took it a while back to drop my insurance and it only went down $3... :( but my insurance isn't super expensive.

who is your insurance thru?

#18 ·
It would be a good idea to clean the injectors. Pop em out spray some carb cleaner through em. When I got my 06 it sat for a few months. The top row of injectors weren't spraying right. Carb cleaner got em spraying again then I ran 90 octane recreational fuel (no ethanol) with seafoam for like 5 tanks.

It improved the gas milage from 30mpg to 38mpg and made it run smooth.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.