Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

AGV Helmets?

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  EfiniGTX 
#1 ·
I'm looking to get a new helmet, and have noticed Dainese's AGV helmets average around $300. Do any of you have one of these? How do they stand up compared to the other big brands, ICON/Arai/SHOEI?

Thanks for any input.

#5 ·
So I went to go try on a few AGV helmets to see what size I was, and possibly pick one up.

These things fit really weird. The Medium was WAY too big and the Small was TINY. I was really disappointed. I heard somewhere that AGV offered replacement cheek pads of different sizes, I wonder if I can get some bigger ones to make the Medium fit.

#7 ·
The SHOEI small fit me really well. About the same as the HJC that I'm wearing now.

My buddy let me try on his Arai (small) and I loved it.

AGV just might not be in my future. It's a shame, I love the way they look.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#8 ·
The AGV GP Tech fits different than any other lid I had its a tight fit but once on your head and you are riding you would not feel like its being there you got to try one yourself before really making the correct judgement as far as fitting you or not , liking it or not and how comfortable it is

#12 ·
The famous Donkey that came out after the Indy race where vale had did a stupid mistake while racing I used to see it for sale on EBay but now I do not see it as much I regret selling my first one (Dream time ) and the Chicken can not find a Medium any more :spank:

#13 ·
agv helmets are awesome lids,

I have had, S4, stealth, ti and GP techs,

Ti and GP best out there, up there with arai and shoei,

s4 and stealth, k3, k4 series is a bit cheaper in liner, breathes just as well, but also get a good amount of wind noise,

best thing is to go try one on to make sure you have a agv head,

good luck!

#14 ·
Thanks. Those are some awesome looking helmets.

I spent most of the day today tracking down and finding AGV helmets in my local shops/dealers to try them on. It seems I dont have an AGV head so I'm probably going to go with the SHOEI. Those seem to fit me the best.

Reactions: Moeman
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.