Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

2013 600rr aerodynamics

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  moto x 
#1 ·
Reactions: tary preisser
#4 ·
I find all these aerodynamics on stret bikes useless.. Unless you wear full leathers every time you ride those pants/hoodie/jacket you just threw on pretty much just threw everything out the window.

And I agree with above seems more of a paid for by study than an actual break down.. I'm guessing this was probably done by Honda or some guy bored at home..

Meaning as much as the chocolate is healthy/not healthy for you found in science/men's health magazine every other 3 months always paid for by the chocolate companies or their competitors obviously results match the buyers wants..

#7 ·
They should have put a '12 in there also for comparison to show how the new design is "better". I'm thinking that the difference is not as significant as Honda'd have you believe. The new look is probably just that, more look than anything else for a street bike.

#10 ·
Yes, that would've made some sense, although I assume that's where they got the 6.5% number from. I'd be interested in also seeing how the rest of the bike faired. You know, if you look at the nose from the 2012, you'll note that the wings that flow off the side are attached to it so give its larger size, you'd expect more drag anyway, unless they're not including that part, in which case I'd like to know how they've done the calculation.

How did they cut the drag of the nosepiece by 6.5%?

sure would like to see a 360 of the rider/bike........

and some good methods of reducing the low pressure areas on the back of the bike...
Yeah, the rest of the bike should be considered. All in, I doubt there's a significant difference. I'm no engineer and don't pretend to know much about this stuff, but we can't pretend good engineering isn't sacrificed for aesthetics sometimes either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.