Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Need help on decision for frame sliders

3K views 25 replies 20 participants last post by  Ry6rr 
#1 ·
hey guys sorry to make another thread on frame sliders. I can't decide on whether to get motivations frame sliders or R&G frame sliders, im going for no cut ones b/c i dont want to cut my fairings and thats what frame sliders are suppose to partly protect in the first place but i just don't know which ones to get. So any input would be nice if you have either maybe u could post up a picture?

Motovations; http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore/scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=332

R&G; http://www.rg-racing.com/browseBike/Honda/CBR600RR/2007/CP0199.aspx

#4 ·
I just ordered my LSL frame sliders. My buddy went down not a scratch on his bike.All he has to do is replace the puck.

#8 ·
I have the Motivation "race" version, the ones where you have to cut the fairings. I dropped my bike last night coming off a sidewalk and they did a great job. I thought I was too far over and grabbed the brake in a panic, then lost my balance and fell over kinda like slow motion. The frame slider and tail have small scratches, everything else is fine. I'll probably replace that puck but it's only cosmetic.

I'd definitely recommend the Motivation race version, the no-cut version seems like you're paying more than double for an inferior product. The OES look nice also, almost the same except the logo doesn't get messed up after one little drop like mine...:banghead:

#10 ·
i had orig bought the OES ones, but after seeing the Woodcrafts on a buddies bike i went with then. Lower profile solid puck which i prefered. Without a doubt the strongest part to bolt your silder is to your frame bolt, i was a bit hesitant to cut at first, but theres not much to it to be honest, just have to take your time :) i used the laser method to mark the hold, worked out great

#12 ·
why not buy whichever one looks prettier too you

its quite obvious your determined to get no cuts...so about 90% of the advice you have gotten/will get will be/has been pushed to the side

i think the RG symbol looks prettier the shiny plastic looks more durable

Reactions: Inkslingerxx
#13 ·
If you go no-cut I like the motovations because they do not create a moment (lever action) across the bracket bc the bracket is supported on both sides.

#14 · (Edited)
My friend dropped his bike with the no-cut R&G and they held up great. He had scratches on the tail, mid, and upper cowl. No damage to any of the engine, clutch or crank case. I got a set on mine after seeing how his worked.

It does not move at all. It has a very thick and solid bracket that bolts up behind the engine bolt. You can kinda see it in your photo - the silver thing behind the puck.

Not to mention it's not your usual cylindrical shape.

#20 ·
go with R&G. I have it on my RR, crash tested at 70-80mph and mount didnt break. slider took the beating and mount is intact and solid.

#21 ·
and if you want to get R&G, superbikesupply.com might be able to help you get one or emausa.com

#26 ·
Crash Protectors

Most of the named brands like R&G, Woodcraft, Gilles et al, all offer pretty much the same level of protection. Every crash is different so what has worked for one individual may not work for another. Crash protectors like the R&G ones I have fitted, and like the others mentioned, are there to mitigate the worst of any potential damage mainly to the frame and engine. If they save anything else consider that to be a bonus. From experience I lowsided my previous RR7 on a trackday a few years ago and I was using R&G Crash Protectors. They saved the engine casings, frame and lower fairings. The damage sustained was predominantly cosmetic to the rear cowl and to the clip-ons. In my opinion any crash protection you add is worthwhile simply to lower the cost of putting things right in the event of an 'off.'

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.