Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Here'e my new baby. 09 Yamaha R6 build.

7K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  OH81KRR 
#1 · (Edited)
Bought it off a 1 owner adult. 6,500 miles. Unmolested with only a fender eliminator.

I did the following this weekend:

-Changed the oil to Amsoil 10W40 and K&N filter
-Hotbodies flushmounts
-New Pilot Power front and rear
-Complete suspension setup (with me on bike) preload-sag-damping
-Chain adjustment and lube

Got this integrated LED pulsing tail light on order (link below), should do the install tomorrow. I couldn't be happier with this bike. Gotta love riding year-round here in Arizona. Was in the 80's today and it's November!:drunk::cruising:
http://www.motodynamic.com/product_...ucts_id=189&osCsid=a4kqrcn1pi9n2n79kjl3qi4vq4

See less See more
#3 ·
Congrats man get them arms and toes protected I know it might be hot but skin graft sucks blood , skin , green paper think it over

#4 ·
Looks sick bro! Get some gear though (jacket gloves and etc...) Road rash isn't fun.

#7 ·
could be one hell of a track demon. I heard the r6 are beast on the track.

#10 ·
Don't forget a good pair of boots. You will appreciate them after a low side. I enjoy my feet being attached.

Bike is awesome. Get that thing out on the track! That's where it is at home and you'll actually get to ride it like its meant to be ridden.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

#11 ·
Trust me I'm hitting the track soon....top end pull on this thing is money!:ciao::cruising: And yes I'll be all geared up! Thanks for the responses everyone! Getting the ECU re-flashed next week! Later down the road, -1/+2 gear change seems to be the preferred setup on this bike :retard:

#12 · (Edited)
#13 ·
nice ride bro...

you posted pics of urself up in the SQUID thread yet? :spank: :crackup:

#16 · (Edited)
Ya I know gear is important. My brother has been down a few times and his gear saved him. It just gets a little redundant though when my post is aimed at sharing my build with others, and every other response is about gear. Those who think I'm a squid should possibly keep it to themselves. That or be an e-thug, whatever floats yer boat. :poke: I've been commuting every single day for over 3 years on the street without one incident or lay down. Not saying it's not coming, just saying I ride pretty safe. For the record, the photo taken with me in a t-shirt was a very short ride after my oil change, usually I have at least a jacket and gloves.

#17 ·
Ya I know gear is important. My brother has been down a few times and his gear saved him. It just gets a little redundant at times though when my post is aimed at sharing my build, in hopes that possibly it helps someone else at some point in time. Those who think I'm a squid should possibly keep it to themselves. That or be an e-thug, whatever floats yer boat. :poke: I've been commuting every single day for over 3 years on the street without one incident or lay down. Not saying it's not coming, just saying I ride pretty safe. For the record, the photo taken with me in a t-shirt was a very short ride after my oil change.
:cruising: lol, u got it

#20 ·
Haha thanks guise!
Tribal- The motodynamic tail-light is super sick! I definitely recommend.

brmoore- Those Chuck Taylor style Polo shoes are pretty damn new haha...they're just filthy:sad:

Reactions: TribalCBR06
#25 · (Edited)
Haha no way mayne! I'm over there too:spin: (? and I have over 200+ posts here on dot net, all pre-R6) Just sharing some info for us enthusiasts that's all

#28 ·
Made it to San Fran for the weekend, Bears - Niners game this Monday. Pics taken today in the Bay area. 2012 Street Triple R. Put 50 miles on her over the bridge and all over the town. The bikes my older brother's. Werkes pipe is loud.

#29 ·
always loved the R6's! look great, great ride, and def quicker up top. but I stay loyal to honda!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.