Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Help!

1K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  bejbis 
#1 ·
Okay.. A little exaggerated, but I need you guys to stroke my hair and tell me everything is going to be alright.

I put my bike on stands for the first time this afternoon and now I can't help worrying and picturing the worst case scenario.

Experiences? Consoling words?

Thanks ya'll

Chad

#4 ·
Assuming you're talking about the stands failing and the bike falling over? What kind of stands do you have? I usually leave my bike on stands throughout the entire winter and I haven't had any problems. Mind you I use pitbull stands which are sturdy as hell and have a good reputation.

I suppose you could put some kind of brace underneath the bike to prevent it from falling in the event of that worse case scenario? Do you have it on both front and rear?

Is there a particular reason why you're unsure of them? Do they seem wobbly?

#7 ·
Leaving the RR behind alone is bugging you it's ok to go visit some time I am sure tons of us walk into the garage for no reason what so ever just to stare at their RR's or what ever their ride is and smile , wink , or even say a few words of passion

#8 ·
haha. Oh, I'm going to stop by on my way to work tomorrow (it's garaged about 7 miles from my apt. and 1 mile from my work). Just one night to get through, check tomorrow morning and see everything is fine and move on from there. :)

Thanks guys

#10 ·
Thanks again guys.

Went and checked on her today and she's upright!

Quick question on the front stand though, the "arms" that the forks sit on are spring loaded. Wondering if you let those sit against the calipers or if you try to push them out a little further to make a gap?

#11 ·
my front stands are the same, mine are at the farthest setting, doesnt leave a big gap but as long as it sets on the bottom of the forks its fine. Same w my rear stand, there set to the farthest apart setting. I picked up my stands from the Honda Dealer, think there BVP ones. $100 or so for both, they get the job done though. Next bike i might invest in some one piece ones though (Pit Bull)

#12 ·
if u said u sat on it and it was all good, nothing to worry about... i also, did the same back in the day i first got my stands*

*disclaimer: if bike is to fall, not taking responsibility ... lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.