Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

AGV T2 helmet

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Metalgearmurder 
#1 ·
So my girl for Xmas just picked me up the AGV T2 Sun/Moon helmet.... so i talked her into letting me try it early just in case it was the wrong size.... seeing that all the helmets prior to this one were ICON which i wear a medium in.. but according to the sizing chart on AGV i wear a small in their helmets...

i noticed that the helmet isnt too small as far as it doesnt hurt when my head is in the helmet but because of the shape of the lower part of the helmet being like a point..i feel like my chin is lower than the helmet it self... yet looking in a mirror its fine..

Is this a normal feeling for those who have these helmets? do u feel like the helmet is short?

#2 ·
Im sitting right next to one,

let me put it on,

yes, it feels like the chin is a bit low but if you put your hand at the base of the helmet you should not touch your chin,

mine I barely graze my chin when I slide back from the tip of the helmet to my neck,

I have a few other helmets and yeah the agv does feel a bit short compared but it could just be the lower design, the front of the chin on the helmet kind of swoops down, so maybe that is their design,

as long as it isnt moving and fits your head around well,

move it from side to side and back and forth, to make sure it wont move around to much, it will also break in a bit almost a whole size so you should be good,

take care!!! post some pics of that bad boy, I luv that helmet,

#3 ·
Def will post some pics..... Now as far as moving side to side and up n down the helmet fits perfect.... Just feels weird that the chin seems so short

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#5 ·
With the built in chin guard its almost flush with that piece and if I open my mouth slightly. Like if I was taking my chin can go lower that the chin guard

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#10 ·
no one else? with this helmet have any inputs

#12 ·
I had previously had a K4 but it didnt fit me properly, but the GPtech fits great. I was able to touch the front of the chin bar with my lips, so if I was to crash on my face my grill would have been jacked up. And yes the AGV's felt high up on the jaw line. I just ordered the simoncelli GPtech and I absolutely loved the liner, it's by far the most comfortable one I have tried. I have tried the X-12, and Corsair V, and they arent as nice. They might be technically better in some ways but the GPtech feels like a velvet condom.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.