Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Trouble Codes

242K views 136 replies 60 participants last post by  Wazoo 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
hey i found this on another site fireblades.org....if this info is correct can we please sticky this???

There's a "test plug that you need to ground, and count the flashes of the FI light. The plug is under the seat, right side of the bike, near the ECM , at the right rear of the battery. There are 2 wires to the plug, and you need to jump them, then turn the key "on", with the kill switch on "run".

If there's a code, the FI will flash your code(s). Count the flashes.

There's long blinks amd short blinks.

• Long = 1.3 seconds
  • Short = .5 seconds

If you have a long blink, the 3 short ones.....that's 13.

• A long blink = 10
  • A short blink = 1
  • 9 short blinks = 9....and so on.

Let us know....

CODES:

• 0 - bank angle sensor, ECM, PGM-FI fuse
  • 1 - MAP sensor
  • 2 - MAP sensor vacuum hoses, or sensor itself
  • 7 - ECT sensor poorly connected or open circuit
  • 8 - TP sensor, TP senspr wiring
  • 9 - IAT sensor connection, or open wire
  • 10 - Baro sensor, or connection, or wiring
  • 11 - Vehicle speed sensor, or connection or wiring
  • 12 - #1 injector connection, or faulty injector
  • 13 - #2 injectior connection or faulty injector
  • 14 - #1 connection or open/shorted circuit
  • 15 - #2 connection or open/shorted circuit
  • 18 - Cam pulse sensor, connection or loose sensor
  • 19 - Ignition pulse sensor, connection or loose sensor
  • 20 - faulty E-PROM in ECM.

See less See more
#35 ·
That sounds exactly what happened to me...I changed gas, re-checked all connections, took the battery connection off (to reset the ecu), and swapped out the main bazzaz box with a replacement that Joel sent me...one of those worked, but not sure which one. I would do the ones above except the replacement box and see if it still happens before asking for a warranty box from bazzaz. just my humble opinion.

#37 ·
D.T.C. diagnosis

The diagnostic procedures are not too complicated for that code. However you will need to have a decent digital multi meter and a peak voltage adapter for the meter to properly complete all of the diagnostic steps for that code.

Without those tools (and the know how to use them) you can not complete the tests but you could still check the connectors to see if they are loose.

I will attach the 06 and 07 (since you didn't post what year your bike is) Service Manual pages for that code. The connector colors and locations are different on different year models.

Good luck, pm me if you have any questions.
Kole

Attachments

#39 · (Edited)
i am having troubles finding the "plug" or "wires" i need to jump on my 07. can someone post actual pics of where it is. I am sure i am looking right at it and don't know that is it.
Thanks!
BTW, Mine only comes on while the fuel pump is priming. That along with HESD. Once the pump is primed they turn off. The only reason for concern is it has come on twice in probably a month while riding. And once i turn the bike off and back on it turns off.

#40 · (Edited)
Blown fuses left, right and center

CBR 600 F4i, 2004
My "dash" fuses keep on blowing, melted he fuse panel, head light fuse is getting hot, almost melting, I have stripped the bike down, checked everywhere, cannot find a blank wire ...can you believe this?
Sometimes the bike shows upon turning on the ignition the whole fireworks of flashing dashlights, sometimes the signal lights work, sometimes they don't, intermittent, with engine running, I am at my wits end. Bike runs well, just have no panel readouts, d.h. no gas gauge, speedo, tacho etc. And of course no tail light, that worries me the most ...
Im new to this forum, searhed for an hour, but onl find solutins wrt. blown fuses .... my fuses keep on blowing and I have not been able to detect short out .... I am somewhat experienced .....is ther a chance that the ECM is screwed up?
uli

#43 ·
my 06 won't start. FI light stays lit, cranks over fine, FI pump pressurizes, stumbles while cranking but doesn't catch.

Was running fine yesterday, then washed it, fired it up afterward and parked it. Came out this AM only to get dealt this hand.

Any help pointing me in the right direction?

#50 ·
Try the "kickstand down, turn ignition on" method first for pulling codes before resorting to jumping the data link connector if you don't have the service connector tool 070PZ-ZY30100. On my '04 bike, the data link connector is an open red connector with green, brown, orange/white and black/white wires going into it. I jump the brown and black/white. Other people have reported jumping the brown and green. Your mileage may vary, depending on model year, etc.

#51 ·
OMG this threads the $hit.

On my way home from work following some guys I work. They decided to pass the cars in front of us and being there was oncoming traffic I held back for a bit since a couple were only able to pass the one of two cars in front of us due to oncoming traffic. When it was clear I kicked her down into second got on her pretty good up alongside the first car and...............lost all power at 70mph between the two cars i was trying to pass. I cut across to the shoulder on the right side of the road and stopped. Motor turned over fine, no smoke, no leaks. Just wouldn't fire. Checked the fuses and pushed it to a buddies house a block away. Lucky for me he's dating my roommate and was on his way to my house. Found this thread and knew I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing my bike was messed up. After blowing a fuse jumping the wrong wires I found the ones that worked. Green and Orange. dont connect black and green=pop. Got a solid and 9 blinks meaning the ignition pulse generator had a problem. Located it and started to pull on the wire gently only to have the plug come out without the other end. 2 hours later- gas tank cover and various parts removed and put back in place the bike fired right up. I did try starting it before putting everything back together to make sure. Thanks to those that posted on here.

Reactions: dixon cider
#52 ·
guys my 09 is thowing 2 short flashes withthe kickstand down and solid on withthe stand up.

I was told that this could be the kickstand sensor, but from what i`ve read here is that its the MAP sensor.

Has anyone here had a similar problem and what was the fix? How do i check if the kickstand is the cause of the problem OR confirm the it is the MAP sensor throwing the code?

Bike runs ok otherwise, but there is a noticable lag in the mid RPM range as compared to my 07. I thought it was just the 09`s

I`ve tried jiggling wires near the kickstand, but want to rule out the simple (and do some research)before i start tearing into the bike.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Rocket

#62 ·
I read through this thread thoroughly, but I still can't find the correct plug or wires in my 03. All I see by the battery is the starter relay (big red clip) and 2 much smaller white clips, both of which have only one wire. Can anybody help me out here? I have a FI light going, and I'm getting 15mpg's right now... I gotta fix this!

Thanks in advance!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.