Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Removing Silencer from Yoshi RS-5 when tack welded

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  RRuJelly 
#1 ·
i took my yoshi off and finally got the silencer out, man what a bitch all because they had to put that damn tack weld on.....there may be an easier way to do this such as taking that little butt plug out and cutting the tack out but I had no such luck so I just went ahead and removed the end cap and grinded the weld off.

Note this tack weld won't be on all mufflers.

exhaust before drilling rivets

rivets drilled out with 3/16" drill bit(only because these are the rivets I'm using for re-installation)

carbon fiber end cap removed(wiggles off) this is a good time to repack your muffler too by popping off the back piece with a soft mallet. Don't forget to put some sealer around when you're re-installing.

picture of the tack weld, one on both sides of screw. Use a small cutting wheel from a dremel to get rid of these tacks.

about damn time. The silencer will be a bitch to pull out if your exhaust has been used for awhile. I pulled a good half inch out with my fingers than locked it in a vice and wiggled it clockwise to counter clockwise while pulling.

rivets in place, need a riveting tool to install end caps

donezog washington

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.