Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Short Riding Shoes

11K views 96 replies 44 participants last post by  Sun-Zoom-Spark 
#1 ·
i am about to place an order for Taichi Delta BOA Riding Shoes. here's a link.

http://www.taichimoto.com/rs-taichi-delta-boa-riding-shoes/

i want a short riding boot bcuz i only commute a short distance. i wanted to see if any of yall had any good suggestions on the matter. i want a good looking boot that i could maybe pull off walking around but some good protection. alot of the short riding boots are made for comfort and lack some safety which i am not into. i dont wana go over 200 bones. the delta BOA looks to be my best bet, just wondering if u guys have any suggestions. tx.

#4 ·
i know i need full protection all the time. thats why im asking for some input. i know that im not going to strap on full boots everyday for a 7 minute ride. i hontestly dont think anyone has an issue with short boots. they are specifically made for this purpose. im just trying to get the best bang for my buck.

btw, you are up very early or staying up very late haha.

#5 ·
At that price, I'd rather go with the Sidi Streetburner boots. The thing with the RS Taichi BOA shoes is that they're made of material that doesn't offer a whole lot of crush protection. Nor do I think they'll be as snug as they should be. The Sidi Streetburner are pretty much their race boots cut in half. The toebox on the Sidi Streetburner (like they're other models) is very substantial, and not flimsy.

#9 ·
I got a pair of shift fuel shoes, are tall enough to give me some pretty good ankle protection but look pretty much like a regular street shoe,extremely comfortable i wear them to achool all day everyday that i ride, and only paid about 100 bucks online

#11 ·
i am about to place an order for Taichi Delta BOA Riding Shoes. here's a link.

http://www.taichimoto.com/rs-taichi-delta-boa-riding-shoes/

i want a short riding boot bcuz i only commute a short distance. i wanted to see if any of yall had any good suggestions on the matter. i want a good looking boot that i could maybe pull off walking around but some good protection. alot of the short riding boots are made for comfort and lack some safety which i am not into. i dont wana go over 200 bones. the delta BOA looks to be my best bet, just wondering if u guys have any suggestions. tx.
now, i know your expecting it .. but the road doesn't care how far you traveled when its trying to twist your ankle off man ;)

#15 ·
ahhh your killing me man haha im jk. its just, i know myself. i know that im not going to take the time to strap on full boots ontop of all my other gear for just a 7 minute ride everyday. i also would have no wear to put them. i need something that il actually wear you know?

I have a shift boot as my DD shoe... very comfortable I ware them all day at work and school... sadly i crash tested em at 25 mph but there is not even a scratch on em!
what boot do you have exactly?

define what you mean by protection. Under my definition none of those offer protection. They may offer a bit of abrasion resistance, but thats about it. One of the main injuries is twisting and braking your ankle which no short boot can protect against. Now if you are set on short boots, just call it what it is. Get something that covers your ankle and isnt too flimsy, and is comfy, the end. Dont worry about a stylish lacing system and dont believe anything that says it has ankle support because it will do nothing. That being said, the SIDI streetburners would be my choice if I had to chose. Sure they cost a bit more but in the end do you want save $50 or actually get something out of your equipment? Never compromise your safety for a few bucks, I can tell you from experience its not worth it.
i appreciate your post man. i know what you are saying about not compromising my safety to save money. its just hard being a student.
i guess my definition of protection is kind of lame. im just looking to get the most out of the "protection" that is offered in my price range.

i know ppl say that if you cant afford the gear, you cant afford the bike. but i bought the bike when i was squidly and im trying to make up for it. im all geared up except for my feet. riding is dangerous and there is always risk involved. im weighing my options and a broken ankle is a risk im willing to take. as bad as that sounds, its the simple truth.

i mean, wearing some sort of riding boot is better than nothing right?

so far, i think im going with the Dainese Asphalt's. Brian seemed to give them a good review on STG.

#12 ·
I have a shift boot as my DD shoe... very comfortable I ware them all day at work and school... sadly i crash tested em at 25 mph but there is not even a scratch on em!

#13 · (Edited)
define what you mean by protection. Under my definition none of those offer protection. They may offer a bit of abrasion resistance, but thats about it. One of the main injuries is twisting and braking your ankle which no short boot can protect against. Now if you are set on short boots, just call it what it is. Get something that covers your ankle and isnt too flimsy, and is comfy, the end. Dont worry about a stylish lacing system and dont believe anything that says it has ankle support because it will do nothing. That being said, the SIDI streetburners would be my choice if I had to chose. Sure they cost a bit more but in the end do you want save $50 or actually get something out of your equipment? Never compromise your safety for a few bucks, I can tell you from experience its not worth it.

#16 ·
That's always my problem with riding shoes, they're pretty much the price of boots but arnt as protective. That's why I never bothered to get any but I think as far as the genre of shoes goes, Dainese makes the best looking stuff and are as protective as they can be. The Dyno and Dyno Pros are nice

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

#18 ·
^ i hear you, i hear you man. i appreciate what youre saying. i know you probably think im a fool, but im set on the short boot man. if i got a full boot i would end up rarely wearing it. id rather buy something less protective that i'll use than something more protective that i wont.

#19 ·
fair enough, your call

and yes, i do agree SOMETHING is better than nothing at all, so atleast you are not in flip flops :)

#21 ·
I was in your same position a couple weeks ago. I bought a pair of smx-2. There great there a strap on top but probably like me u dnt even need to adjust. Just zip up on the side Velcro it closed and ur good to go fast and easy. They offer you good protection and look pretty clean. Below 200 as well which was my limit. Check em out

Sent from my LG-P999 using Motorcycle.com App

#26 ·
give me a few moments, ill cement that for ya ;)

#27 ·
You're aware that tying up most shoes takes longer than zipping up the zipper on a pair of riding boots, right?

If you want protection, get a set of boots. I would recommend the Sidi STs.

EDIT: Just read the above few posts. I'm glad you came around!

#28 ·
i just went through a crash with shoes.... i now how a 6-8 inch plate with 6 screws holding my tibia and ankle together ive lost some movement in my ankle and it hurts on cold days.... you do not wanna "RISK BREAKING ONLY A ANKLE"

I purchased the Supertech R from A* and will ride with nothing less ... if i had them when i crashed recently i would not have had my ankle brake the way it did.... glad to hear you r gonna get full race boots you def wont regret it

just food for thought do you wanna be like this for two months?

#30 ·
i just went through a crash with shoes.... i now how a 6-8 inch plate with 6 screws holding my tibia and ankle together ive lost some movement in my ankle and it hurts on cold days.... you do not wanna "RISK BREAKING ONLY A ANKLE"

I purchased the Supertech R from A* and will ride with nothing less ... if i had them when i crashed recently i would not have had my ankle brake the way it did.... glad to hear you r gonna get full race boots you def wont regret it

just food for thought do you wanna be like this for two months?
http://youtu.be/n-Co6S4KjU4

sorry about how long that took, my chair got hooked to the door behind me ;)
i really appreciate it guys.

tenjin, im honored that you made a whole video just for me! haha

but really guys. thank you. im glad i posted this thread. i almost purchased the other shoes and at the last second i decided i wanted yalls opinion. im sure glad i did!

edit: btw, Tenjin, i love that song.

#33 ·
Jason Cloonan
Sportbike Track Gear
Call me: 888-784-4327 Ext. 210
Email me: Jason@Sportbiketrackgear.com

trying to remember what i paid for mine, but it wasnt a whole lot more than 200

#37 ·
or look into the SMX plus
i bet he can pull that 290$price tag closer to 200 ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.