Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Speedometer Giving Wildly Inaccurate Readings

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  RRaymond 
#1 ·
Greetings,

I’m having a strange issue with my speedometer that I’m hoping someone can help me out with. I have a stock 2007 600RR digital gage that worked fine until recently. I think the gage works fine at low speeds (0-10 or 15 MPH) but anything higher than that I get wildly inaccurate readings. Around the actually speed or 45 MPH my speedometer will say that I’m doing 86+ MPH, at actual speed of 55MPH my speedometer will say that I’m doing 108+ MPH. All other gage functions (Gas, time, ect) give the correct readings. The only recent event that took place was that I bled my break lines, and replaced the DOT 4 fluid but never touched anything other the break bleeder nipples.

Do I need to recalibrate the speedometer? Can I even do that as the owner?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much,
Ken

#3 ·
Hey, thanks for the suggestion. I checked the connection and everything was good to go and water tight. I was able to get the issue resolved by disconnecting the battery and resetting the ECU. After that everything came back fine. Weird huh? Well at least it was an easy fix. Until the next issues. :)

Thanks again

#6 ·
Damn I wish I’d seen this before replacing my speed sensor. Bought my rr over a year ago with 40K miles. After resetting everything my speedo is accurate and the odometer now reads 26K, which somehow seems more accurate. Now if I could only adjust my title.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.