Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Rearsets, HELP

7K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  crashkhanman 
#1 ·
so ive been riding for about a week now on my new 07, and i absolutely hate the stock pegs, I find that the brake is awkwardly too close to the bike in my opinion, so am debating rearsets.
Is this a common opinion or am i missing something here. Debating on just bending it out a bit, but are rearsets worth the money

also, opinions on best route? i know woodcraft and vortex are some common ones, but are the offshore ones not worth it, considering theyre half the price

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Rear sets will definitely be worth the $$ because some are adjustable.. adjust height/ride position to better suit your style..Seen alot of "cheap" rear sets through out ebay for $cheap$.. but from China.. also seen broken rear sets from the slightest tip (bad quality, but you save $) :retard:

I just ordered these.. http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=254421

Diablo Rearsets... comes with LIFETIME WARRANTY! :+1:

originally thought about Sato rearsets, most of my buddies that does track ALL have this.. but the LIFETIME WARRANTY sold me! plus they look alot similar & I don't really know of anyone with them..

Other rearsets I can think of..

Yana Shinki
Sixty 61 rearsets
Gillies Tooling
Graves (not sure if they make for Honda though?)
Sato Racing
Light Tech
2Slide Rearsets
Diablo Racing

But if your okay with the stock ride position... then why not just swap out the pegs for some better looking ones? (cheapest route)

#3 ·
wow i actually love those, they are small, and super clean
have you used them yet? im only used to stock position, would the change be that drastic, or is it full adjustable so i can get the hang of them
im also 6'2 and feel like the pegs are awkward, i want them coated black eventually, but since im not liking them at all i think the best route would be rearsets

seriously love those diablos

#5 ·
nah.. haven't received them yet.. I "just" ordered them.. I'll be getting the black Gen II version once they are done! Yeah.. I'm 5'9 and I noticed the awkwardness too.. feels like the CBR was designed for shorter people? I feel that the pegs are more forward than others (causing more bend @ the knees)

#7 ·
I have Vortex and love them man. They are so adjustable to whatever suits you. Well worth the money. I've had no problems with them. Just make sure to use some loctite.

#10 ·
Hate to brag, but I just got a set of the Lightech Track System Rearsets for $250. So far, I LOVE the way they feel - going to ride with them on Sunday and will post a review soon.

#11 ·
so ive been riding for about a week now on my new 07, and i absolutely hate the stock pegs,
You've only been riding motorcycles for a week, or you've been riding for awhile, but you have only had the CBR for a week? If it's the former, I would keep the stock rearsets. It just takes awhile to get used to the seating position. If it's the latter, I recommend Woodcraft. They're pricy, but worth it.

#13 ·
#17 ·
I've used Vortex most of my riding life. Parts are easy to get, they are cost effective and they're made in america.

#18 ·
someone needs to make a set of rear sets where the peg can fold or break off in a down. on my 05/06 the impact came down so hard the peg didn't break off but bent the frame mounting hole when the rearset hit the ground. plus. if it folds it can minimize some tumbling if it hooks up into the ground ;)

#19 ·
There are quite a few brands that have foldable pegs - Lightech being one of them (but they're an extra $80 :banghead:). I think the new Driven one's have the option of foldable pegs too.

What I really wish is that Vortex would make foldable "street" pegs that aren't as grippy (but still grippier than OEM) so they can be used for daily riding and can easily be swapped for track/serious riding. That would be the best bang for our buck.

On the other hand, I've heard of stories where the bike's case covers didn't get damaged because the pegs kept the bike from contacting the ground as the bike slid.

#23 ·
^^ Even though this is an old thread....I'm glad someone (fallingbomb) answered the OP's original question. Many rearsets including aftermarker are not going to bring the brake pedal further from the bike.

Aftermarket rearsets will help with comfortable but they are also designed to be more (sturdy,adjustable,peg traction,lighter,smoother/precise and give more ground clearance)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.