Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Flattening puig

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  OH81KRR 
#1 ·
Hey guys and gals.

So I picked up a puig opaque windscreen, and went to install tonight. Due to a bonehead move (didn't take the right Allen tool) I wasn't able to put it on.

I set the screen on top of the stocker though and noticed something. The bottom and middle screw holes seemed to line up well, but the top ones are inside the original holes. My question is, I read somewhere that these screens have to be flattened out sometimes, how is this done without any ill affects on the product? Can it just be pushed into position and screwed own, or will this put too much pressure on the fairing?

Thanks .net!!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#2 ·
Bumpity-bump-bump.

Going to install this after noon.. any advice?

All of the threads I read were older and described having to flatten it out in some cases, getting a foam piece to put on it, and the gap at the bottom. Any more recent experiences?

Thanks again,

Chad

#3 ·
I just installed a Puig DB screen on my '12 and the top was a little tight and I had to kind of pull the fairing in about 1/8 to a 1/4 of an inch, but I don't think it should have any long term negative effects on the fairing.

#4 ·
Both are flexible and will adjust

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App

#10 ·
just gotta flex them both to make them work. just dont do it when the plastics are cold, that never works out well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.