Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Getting chain lube off paint

8K views 29 replies 21 participants last post by  SeanO 
#1 ·
What' the trick?? I bought a bike with 300 miles and there is white synthetic lube all over the left side of the back tire, and on the undertail. I alread tried scrubbing with soap/ water but it didn't do much. I know I can get it off with brake cleaner or goop off but I do not want to mess up the finish on the paint. Any suggestions??

#3 ·
i've used brake cleaner and paraffin/kerosene on the underside of my tail section on the left hand side to get black chain lube spots off, paint work was fine.

just sprayed a bit onto a tissue and wiped off. can use water to rinse off after or just a tissue with some water.

done this for years and nothings happened to oem paint work on any bikes/scooters i've had

#15 ·
Naw errbodys wrong. You need some good ol fashioned fire. Torch that small area with fire and it should melt right off. Fires awsome!!! I use if on just about errthing!!

#21 ·
i usuallt use engine degeaser on my swingarm and lower fairing, it foams up and one quick wipe its gone. hasnt done anything to my paint either

#25 ·
I use Muc-Off Degreaser which works very well. It's also water soluble, biodegradable and safe to use on paintwork and carbon fibre.
My friend with the white 1098S uses Muc-Off all the time. He swares by it.
I'm afraid to use it because of my black paint.

I just envision wiping it off and having the bugs and dirt scratch the crap out of my paint :cursin:

#24 · (Edited)
Had the same problem with my bike - 12 with the white wheels. Lots of black spots on the rear. Tried everything and finally used wax! Worked like magic, just wiped it off! Was going to wax the wheel (painted part not the tire) anyway to make cleaning easier. After I cleaned it with Maguires went back with Rejex for added protection.

#26 ·
Fire!!! Soak area with gasoline, work it into the grim. Wipe away broken up grim. To remove excess set on fire and your done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.