Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Traffic cams..?

3K views 33 replies 18 participants last post by  kingnba6 
#1 ·
I was just curious are they effective with bikes???

The other day I was thinking how funny/kinda cool it would be to have a traffic can with my middle fingers high just for the hell of it but got to wondering they snap your from plate and bikes don't have front plates and if there would be any way to get your pic in the mail or ticket..?

#9 ·
I don't think they hold legal value anymore.. I know a lot of cities are takin them out because people were suing the flash was "causing accedents" and drivers were making emergency stops at lights and they were a "public nuisance".

#6 ·
We have traffic cams here. they only snap a pic from the back and if your plate isnt visible you wont get a ticket.

there have been people in the news doing funny stuff through them here.

for example someone was doing 220+ km/hr hanging onto the roof of a car going through one and it snapped a pic.

another time, someone stole the plate off a mobile camera car and put it on their own and sped past the camera car multiple times and the tickets were registered to the camera car itself LOL.

tons of people have done wheelies/spreaders etc through them

#11 ·
My dad ran one a few years back. They took pics from front and rear, clearly showing the traffic light from the rear as well as the duration of time the light has been red. And no visible flash can be seen from those cameras.

#12 ·
when they put the speed cameras up out here on the freeway people were pissed.

one dude when on a sledge hammer destruction spree. some other people spray painted black over the camera lens, people put boxes over them, etc... lol

also there were all the people driving past doing stupid ****. wearing mask, mooning the camera, driving past with sun shades in the window so they couldn't see their face. stealing the license plate off the mobile camera and driving past the freeway cameras (similar to what was mentioned above)

the freeway cameras are finally gone. but we still have the street corner and mobile ones

all cameras out here take front and rear. front to see your face, rear for your plate.

if they can't make out your face, they wont send you a ticket. so i imagine on a motorcycle with a tinted or mirrored visor you'd never get a ticket

#20 ·
haha same **** here. people smashed and painted over them.

ours only take a photo from the back and send the ticket to the owner of the vehicle regardless of who was driving.

the cameras apparently reduced right angle accidents except that rear enders went up like 200% :retard:

#13 ·
In Iowa there are alot of traffic cams at busy intersection(speed/red light), It will actually take a video, it shows the front and back of your vehicle. at night the flash will stay on for the whole video. They've been up for about 2 years and i can only imagine how much money they have made. There is also many vans to catch speeders, they are always changing the location of them so it's getting very hard to speed without consequences.:banghead:

#14 ·
Ooopppsss! I thought you guys were talking about red light cams. Sorry! Carry on.

#15 ·
I'm talking about any of them... I just want my picture taken lol

And for who ever said no flash the 2 we passed (one light other freeway at night) we were blinded like hell that's how we figured out 10 miles later what it was... All we saw was white light and were like wtf was that couldn't see anything just white.

#17 ·
^it is a little scary regardless, like whats been said above they are in all honesty cause for accidents, many times have i had to slam on the brakes in my car because people saw the light was about to change, and ive seen at least 2 accidents

although this one day was pretty funny, one of the cams malfunctioned and was taking pictures regardless of what the light was. had to have taken like 30 pictures in just the time i was waiting for the light to change lol, imagine sorting out those photos

#19 ·
Here we have fixed cams that measure average speed over a distance. So it does not help slowing down at the trap point and speed up again after. It digitally tracks your vehicle and if your average speed over a certain distance is above the speed limit they snap you. Also, mobile traps are a problem as here they dont sit out in the open, the fookers hide and snap from behind (We are not allowed to mount small plates, hide them behind the wheel arch etc.)

#27 ·
Raise your hand if your state is awesome and doesn't have traffic cam's.

*Raises hand*

Bless those cheating senators that run red lights with their mistress in the car and have the ticket sent home to his wife. Suddenly a year later traffic cam's no longer exist.

#29 ·
/raisehand.

Well at least for my county. There are some near the Capital but they are just red light cams which are at busy intersections.

Where I'm at I'm pretty sure there is an unwritten 10-15mph over the speed limit law. Only ppl we have to really worry about are the troopers

#32 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.