Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

2007-2012 600RR exhaust dillema?

6K views 55 replies 24 participants last post by  TST Industries 
#1 ·
Has anyone had this dillema?...
So you find yourself needing to remove the cap on your OEM exhaust for proper visibility of a tail light, or just to eliminate the uglyness. Maybe you just want to do this for the meantime, as you wait to figure out what aftermarket exhaust you are going to go with. Or maybe you would consider keeping the stock exhaust and alleviate the need for spending upwards of 500 dollars just to change the look of the rear of your bike if there was another choice.

I want to hear what you guys think about this subject

http://www.tstindustries.com

See less See more
#11 ·
Agreed I am having the same predicament now... definitely know I don't want stock but slipons are expensive and I'm cheap.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App

#13 ·
That's not bad but I want an akra which is slightly more pricey lol.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App

#16 ·
So here is our response to this dillema. We designed our own shape for the exhaust tip on the 2007-2012 CBR 600RR OEM exhaust. This will be available in Glossy 3K Carbon Fiber, and in Matte Twill Carbon Fiber. We have our prototypes finished (see photo), and are ramping up the production. We have one set of moulds making these parts already, and we are developing subsequent sets of moulds to support a rising demand. These parts are made of high quality carbon fiber in an autoclave process. They will be available soon through our webs store and partner stores, with the shiny zinc plated or black hardware, and there are plans to later release versions with anodized aluminum hardware in a choice of four colors.

Looking forward to your comments.

http://www.tstindustries.com

#17 ·
they look good,how much are they though?

#23 ·
Glossy here too. The OEM can is shiny, so glossy would look better IMO.

Reactions: TST Industries
#24 ·
Glossy for sure, i would see no reason why someone who didnt want an aftermarket can wouldnt want this, looks way better imo. Question is how big a market is there for this? lets face it most of us have either a full or slip on.; great idea though

#28 ·
i think the glossy finish looks better as well

#32 ·
hahaha, we have been working on developing this part since June. It started out as a hand sculpture, then we scanned some geometry into our computer. We were initially going to offer this as a CNC aluminum piece with anodized surface, then engraved. We decided that carbon fiber would be better. We made a plastic prototype in September and showed it around. Generally the item was received very well. So we decided to make a mould to try a few pieces. The pieces in the photos are the first parts from the first mould. We are machining more moulds to accomodate the demand in the spring once the season starts. I will have the first production run of parts soon, and we will start selling these before the end of the year. I am thinking of launching this part at $72.99. Please let me know what you guys think of that price.

#34 ·
I'd really like to support you guys in making this product but, not at $72.99. The honest truth is that I wouldn't pay more then $50 for this piece. That is pushing it. I've weighed in with feedback on the facebook page too. Just to put it in perspective, you could buy a CF stator cover, or CF exhaust covers for around $40-50(which are about the same size) or a larger piece such as a chain guard for $80.

I understand the time and effort invloved in this, and the ingenuity but you have not opened pandoras box here. I'd much rather put that $ towards a legit slip-on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.