Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Frame Slider measurement... Can't find info anywhere!

1K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  snatraps99 
#1 ·
So I have a 2006 black rr. I bought it used a while back and it had CUT frame sliders on it. I noticed a few weeks ago, that one of the sliders fell off. I bought some shogun sliders to replace it. However, they are too thick in diameter to fit in the hole already cut into my fairings. I contacted the place where I got them and they suggested I contact various manufacturers for to get the dimensions of their sliders. I feel that this may be a better and more fruitful venue for this request. If possible, can my peeps on this forum drop me a line as to the dimensions of their sliders and which brand/model? I would be grateful!

Information that I may be asked:
I still have one slider on (right side)
No clue what brand/model I have (had)
They are cut/mod sliders so I want to replace with cut/mod sliders.
The missing one is from the left (could be figured out by process of elimination)
I am looking for black, not that that matters for this question.

THANK YOU in advance!
--Ryan

See less See more
#4 ·
All good questions...

1) As to how it fell off.... I have no clue. The bike never went down so I just don't know. This may be a stupid answer, but I am not sure about the bolt. I don't know what it looked like in their before to know if there is something missing or not. Yeah... that was a dumb answer.

2) As for making the holes bigger... I have no means with which to make the holes bigger if I felt confident in doing that.

3) I could measure the one that I have left... yes. But once I have that information, what do I do with it. No store (online or brick and mortar) has the measurements for the sliders. They all tell me to contact the manufacturers. That would just take so long and I am not certain how helpful they would be. So, by acquiring the measurements from members here, I could see which of their sliders are the closest in diameter and length to my remaining slider and purchase that one. Make sense?

Thanks!

#6 ·
How about a pic of the one you still have so that we could help idientify it and figure out what might fit in it's place?

#8 ·
1-the bolt will be where the slider should be going through the frame
2-you would need a drill and a hole saw the appropriate size to accommodate the new slider. How much bigger are the new sliders than the hole?
3-all it takes is an email to a few of the manufactures and waiting for response. OES, Woodcraft etc etc. And if you know what type of slider is already installed you could probably contact that manufacture and see about buying a replacement. Don't know which one it is? Post a picture amid someone could help identify it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#14 ·
You know... looking at that picture blown up... It looks as if the frame slider broke off. It looks like the bolt is there but that there is definitely some broken piece in there. I have to figure out what size hex I need and remove it. Maybe there will be some information there.

#17 ·
if you need to make the hole bigger just use a dremel. If you are afraid of the hole not being perfectly round and looking ugly, you could get a piece of black rubber tubing to trim out the hole so you wouldn't even see the cut

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.