Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Calling all track junkies!

96K views 678 replies 197 participants last post by  erick1670 
#1 ·
600rr.net would like to show a little love for the track junkies.

I want to ask you guys to send me your track day photos. Please keep these photos nice an high quality. We want to see some action shots of everyone dragging knee at their favorite track.

Please don't spam pictures into the thread leave it for pictures that are quality and you are proud of, doing what you love.

These pictures will be used on the main page of the website and will be changing every month. As of right now we will be changing the picture once a month with different riders unless there is an overwhelming appeal, in that case we will adjust accordingly. We will be rotating through in the order we receive them.

So let's see some track day pictures.

#439 ·
sweet pics i have a question how is the liter on the track??

#442 ·
sick pic also love that helmet..

#446 ·
Goes to show you what the capabilities of a STOCK CBR are.

Amazing Machines !!!

Reactions: hjmracing
#447 · (Edited)
testing q2s 1st time @ portland international raceway 9.17.12 (by 360 photography ryan phillips)

i didn't push them too hard but think there's enough traction to drag elbow if i needed to. also running a 50 series instead of 55 & don't know if i like it.

thinking i'm gonna try racing on the qs for thrills. also see if i can do more than one race weekend w/them. only did a little over 150 miles, but @ trackday pace. so used the tyres very little compared to racing. idunno. seemed to be wearing pretty quick on the rear. think i might hit the wear bar next time i'm on track. will post up how they work out

Reactions: hjmracing
#449 · (Edited)
Here's something cool. Getting my ass handed to me into turn 1 at Knockhill by John McGuinness...

Haven't properly sifted through the GoPro footage and cut it down to an uploadable size but here's a short track side video from the same point as the above photo.

He's such a nice, down to earth guy. Proper quick too (which goes without saying). Shame the weather was horrendous.

Getting to share the track and spend some time with with John, his younger brother, Niall MacKenzie (BSBchamp/500CC GP star), Dennis Hobbs (BSB Racer) and Peter Carr (British Speedway Legend) was a pretty awesome experience and is something I'll never forget.IMG]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HD9BN_Zy0E[/IMG]

#457 ·
Here's something cool. Getting my ass handed to me into turn 1 at Knockhill by John McGuinness...

Haven't properly sifted through the GoPro footage and cut it down to an uploadable size but here's a short track side video from the same point as the above photo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HD9BN_Zy0E

He's such a nice, down to earth guy. Proper quick too (which goes without saying). Shame the weather was horrendous.

Getting to share the track and spend some time with with John, his younger brother, Niall MacKenzie (BSBchamp/500CC GP star), Dennis Hobbs (BSB Racer) and Peter Carr (British Speedway Legend) was a pretty awesome experience and is something I'll never forget.IMG]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HD9BN_Zy0E[/IMG]
haven't watched youtube yet, but just going by the capture...... you're scotish luck has blessed you. especially if he chatted w/you afterwards. everything i've ever seen documenting john he comes off as it's no big deal. :banger: right on!!! we can live vicariously through you :cruising:
before even watching; thanks so much for sharing.... my wife & i; even if we don't have the $$ will charge it & go for sure 2014 :banger: all she's been talking about lately

#450 ·
We do indeed and, no , very few wildlife incidents. We've only got one proper track though. The others are for race licence holders only.

He said he has about 35 bikes. The one he was riding above won a superstock TT and raced in the national superstock championship.

What better way to prepare for motorcycle racing than by riding a motorcycle?

#454 ·

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.