Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Official 2013 Honda CBR600RR Pics / Info

128K views 424 replies 134 participants last post by  dreamzboy 
#1 · (Edited)
EDIT

Well not quite yet... Haha

But in all seriousness, I work for a Honda dealer and today they finally released to us when we will finally find out about a few 2013 Honda models that they have been keeping a secret.

Honda of Chattanooga Blog 2013 CBR600RR Still working on getting pricing etc up.

Not sure if this video has been posted by anyone yet but figured I would upload it real quick just to show you what we see as dealers as far as info goes on the 2013 CBR600RR.

I'm not trying to advertise the dealer I work for so I hope this isn't taken that way, just wanted to let you guys know what just popped up for us as dealers. If it is against the rules technically just let me know and I'll keep my mouth shut ;)

See less See more
#259 ·
So I just got an idea. Since its the same bike as before, wouldn't you be able to replace some of the 07-12 parts with this? I'm mostly thinking the new tail section, with the vents and integrated taillight. It should be a perfect fit onto my '12... I know people were swapping out the F4i tails for the RR... So this would be even easier.
The rims should match up too

#260 ·
Fairing seems to be easier to be removed for regular maintenance. :+1: Who likes the previous gens' multiple connecting points in front of the headers? How many of you broke the taps? :ciao:

Styling of automotive is always a cycle. Shape, size etc... I'm sure the new 600rr will grow on us. Wait till it hit the track and then make the comments...:shakehand

#261 · (Edited)
I like functionality over cosmetics. I homologated racing machine should not consist of poorly pieced together and ridiculously complex body work. (see 2009 Suzuki GSX-r600 for an entirely pathetic and poor fitting piece of work.)

I believe in my rule of 6. A sport bike doesn't need anymore than 8 significant fairing pieces period. They should be easily accessible and a snap to remove and replace. The paint themes should be the same with one uniform color or two contrasting colors at the most.

1.Tail Fairing.
2. Tank Fairing.
3. Left Fairing.
4. Right fairing.
5. Nose fairing.
6. wheel Fairing.
----------------------------------------
7. Possibly Left Lower Fairing.
8 Possibly Right Lower Fairing.

The 2009 GXR-600 that I once owned was a poorly manufactured and thought out piece of work for better language. I could not believe I paid for 3,500 for it when I bought it back in 2011 because now that I look back at it, it is worth but a fragment of that in my mind and should have been scraped to build a quality motorcycle...

It consisted of the following if I can remember.

1. Tail fairing was made of six individual pieces.
2. each mid fairing was made of 4 individual pieces.
3. the nose was a nightmare of 4 individual snap together pieces.
4. the tank had front plastic fairing.

Many of the parts were brittle and the fact that this bike ever made it into production is astonishing to me given the complexity of its body work...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's what I loved about my 03-06 CBR600rr's. Clean body work. With five total fairing pieces on my 2009 Daytona 675 and 2009 Ninja 250 R, I really loved that fact! These bikes are both considered beautiful works in their time...

#272 ·
I actually quite like the changes they made. All of the changes.

Wish they had tweaked the engine for more midrange as well as more top end power. Wish they had reduced the weight some more too. Oh, and integrated mirrors.

#289 ·
Yeah, the '13s design is out there. But I like it. Kinda reminds me of the 1199 in the headlight area (yes GASP, I made that comparison). Also I absolutely LOVE that Honda brought the Repsol scheme to the 600rr. If I hadn't just bought my '12 in August, I would be heading to a dealer as soon as the '13s were put on sale.

#290 ·
I really like what Honda did, the new look is already starting to grow on me, and the performance/suspension upgrades they did seem to be well thought out and nicely added. I really like the repsol edition...

I don't know why but I also REALLY like the 500R. Seems very practical, and seems like it would be fun to take to the track too! I like the P-Twin fuel injection. I thought about getting a ninja 250 to ease my way into the track scene, as i still have a lot to learn in the corners, but wasn't sure how i felt about it after riding one. I like the idea of the 500R, it seems like a nice middle ground between the 600RR and the 250... I would love to see one in action or get some feedback from someone if they do purchase one...

All in all. Job well done Honda!

#292 ·
well both 13 rims and 07-12 rims are the same width and size. But the question is, will they mount up with each other...

#293 · (Edited)
Maybe they didn't want to compete head on with the 636 on the technical front and might release a technically advanced model next year with the same aesthetics of the 2013 model to have some sort of edge.

Also, for the love of God integrate the damn turn signals.

brmoore: Definitely would love to own any good Japanese 800 sometime in the future or a Triumph; I heard the GSXR750 is barely more powerful than the RR though.

This post has been deleted
#298 ·
If you own a 600, for any reason other than purely financial, then you already accept the fact that you're on the lower end of the performance scale. Why compare it to a 750 or any of the larger bikes. The newer liter bikes are lighter and handle better all the time. Your 600 is not going to out handle my RSV4, but it costs a lot less.

The modern 600 class bikes are ALL amazing for what they cost. The shootout's done by the various magazines have them all within a percentage point of each other and different mags claim different winners.

Please carry on, people love drama.

#340 · (Edited)
Not sure if this video has been posted by anyone yet but figured I would upload it real quick just to show you what we see as dealers as far as info goes on the 2013 CBR600RR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2bciexDLKs

According to this review, the odd headlights are suppose to channel air into the airbox creating a Ram Air effect. I don't mind that look as much knowing that info. Function over form is better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.